Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Fortune Cookie Soap Box: Peter Pan


Peter Pan is the theme for this Summer season. Last season it was Alice in Wonderland. I love the fairy tale themes! The picture for this season's soap box is so cute and detailed! I really look forward to getting this in my mailbox.


When you open the card it looks like this. With a description for each item in the box. It has a funny line and says what the fragrance is. Since this is a summer box it has a lot of tropical scents. I am definitely in the mood for summer! I am loving these smells.


I like to show how the box was packaged because it pays attention to details. Last season there was a butterfly for Spring. This season there is a feather, I guess from Peter Pan's hat. I think the papers are teal like the water in Neverland.


1. Mermaid Lagoon - Two Phase Perfume Oil: "Our coconuts bring all the mermaids to the lagoon - but watch out, they'll probably drown you! Them beaches... To use: Shake it more than twice, it's fun to play with! May stain clothing (take it from Bill & Monica!)" I love how this smells! It smells like coconuts, but not like a sunscreen if that makes sense. The perfume contents look like a lagoon! 


2. Wendy Bird - Veggie Protein Deodorant: "Don't be afraid to raise your arm and flip the bird...the Wendy bird that is! What were you thinking?! Bright, green apple with a balmy, tropical twist." This is the first time I've seen them come out with a deodorant! I have been hearing lately how deodorant may cause breast cancer because of the ingredients. I wonder if this doesn't have those bad ingredients in it! I hope not. I still have to test this out to see if it works or not. It smells like apples, and it is clear.


3. Second Star to the Right - Fortune Cookie Soap: "A happy thought and a bit of pixie dust. Glitter can't make you fly, silly...this isn't an acid trip! Crushed berries and mint leaves with a splash of sparkling pomelo, served over iced sugarcane." I can smell the mint and a little bit of the berries. I like the way these fortune cookie soaps look, but I don't use them because I like using shower gels and putting them in my loofah for a nice bubbly lather in the shower. These soaps look really cool though. It even comes with a fortune! Mine says, "Crook..Crook..Crickety-crook, the croc is after Captain Hook." In the story there is a crocodile that bit off Captain Hook's hand, and once it got a taste of Hook it has been stalking him ever since. Captain Hook is terrified of him. The crocodile also swallowed a clock so it makes ticking sounds. I have read Peter Pan and it is one of my favorite books. I also liked the movies.


4. Tink - OCD Hand Sanitizer: "Do you believe in fairies? Ok, good...we can be friends. Fresh cherries in cream, sprinkled with toasted coconut and a fairy dusting of powder sugar." I didn't like the hand sanitizer from the Spring. It smelled like grass and dirt! This one is much more pleasant. I can smell the cherries. It also looks like it has silver glitter in the tube, but I don't notice it on the hands.



5. Lost Boys - Whipped Cream: "Get lost for peach sake! Just don't lose your marbles...Golden apricot muddled with fresh white peaches." One of the boys lost his marbles as an old man. I don't remember if it was in the book, but I remember in the movie "Hook" one of the boys as an old man was literally looking for his marbles (and senile). I can smell the apricot and peaches. The whipped cream is like a body butter, very moisturizing.



6. The Boy Who Never Grew Up - Salt Scrub: "Boys don't want to grow up & girls just want to have fun! Why can't we have both?! Tropical margarita - served with a salted rim." This smells so good! I am glad to have a body scrub!


7. The Captain - Steam Me Up Scotty! Call yourself a cod fish - don't smell like one!! Dewy magnolias and wild berries drenched with fresh cream." This you put in the shower to make a yummy smelling steam. In the book I think Hook called himself a cod fish or Pan did. It was funny in the story. This smells floral to me. I can't really smell it. I have to try this out.


8. Kiss - Lip Balm: "Here's a thimble, pucker up! Exotic watermelon, juicy pineapple and coconut water, bursting with fresh citrus juices." In the book, Wendy asks Pan for a kiss and he gives her a thimble. It smells tropical to me, but I can't distinguish the different scents. The texture as a lip balm feels very moisturizing.

I am very happy to get this! I love everything in the box. My only complaint is this is the second time they sent me two boxes! I thought I was off their mailing list. I only need to be on there once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!