Favorite Movie: Snatched with Amy Schumer and Goldie Hawn. This was a free rental, and I thought it was really good! I had seen previews of it, and I thought I wouldn't like it, but this month I was browsing the list of movies offered on my TV, and I thought I might try it. I was pleasantly surprised. It's about a self-centered girl who just got broken up by her boyfriend. She made a non-refundable trip to South America, but now has no one to go with since her boyfriend broke up with her and all her friends are busy. Her mom is her opposite, and in the end she invites her mom to go. She thinks it might be good for her. The mom is reluctant to go because this is quite out of her comfort zone. They go on their trip and end up getting kidnapped! Now it is an adventure to get back to the states in one piece. I like the characters in this movie. They are one way at the beginning of the movie, but because of their experiences they change and become better at the end. I also like the mother-daughter relationship. Also, it is just plain funny and entertaining on the whole.
Favorite TV Show: The Real Housewives of New Jersey. I first watched the reunion before I watched any of the episodes. I've seen this show before. I watch a lot of these Housewives shows. I thought I better watch the whole season because the reunion episode was pretty interesting. My mom likes watching these shows too. It's a reality show about 5 different women and their relationship with each other. Teresa just got out of jail, and I was curious how she was doing. The thing about the housewives show is I have to like them at least to a level or else I won't watch. No one on the show is perfect. They all make mistakes. I find people interesting to watch. I think that's why I like watching the real housewives. My dad says it's just a bunch of screaming women, which is true at some points when things get kind of crazy. I'm also still watching the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Favorite Beauty Products
1. Up and Up Hydrating Body Wash. This is compared to Dial Coconut Water Body Wash. This was on my favorite one month. I couldn't find it after that, at least it wasn't in the store I was shopping at, so I bought a different one. I really liked the coconut one, and I was so happy to see this sold on sale at Target. It was only $2.99! It is just like the Dial wash with the fresh coconut smell.
2. Elf Hydrating Face Primer: I also got this at Target. I wanted to get a new primer because I had been using the Dr. Brandt Pore's No More and that is ok for keeping skin matte, but I felt like I needed a primer that was more moisturizing. This does the job. It is a good prep before applying makeup. I also wear a lotion before I put on makeup. This is infused with grape and Vitamins A, C & E.
3. Buxom Lip Gloss in Katie: I have been wearing this lip gloss this month. I don't wear it every day, but when I wore lip gloss it was this one. I think this is a pretty pink sparkly gloss. It has a minty, cooling effect on the lips. I think it is supposed to plump them a bit. I haven't noticed that, but I think it looks nice on my lips.
4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Eye Liner in Black: When I wore black eye liner this month I used this one. It has a creamy formula.
5. Too Faced Everything Nice Palette: This was limited edition at Christmas time I few years back. I've been using this palette this month and reaching for the blushes. One is a matte pink, the other is Papa Don't Peach and it's a sparkly peach. That blush is sold separately and is available. Both are pretty blushes.
6. Wet 'n Wild Vanity Palette: This is a discontinued Wet 'n Wild eye shadow palette. I've talked about this so much on my blog, but I felt like I needed to talk about it for this months favorites. Even though it is old and not sold anymore, it was still a really good palette, and I can't throw it away. It has your basic colors on the left column. Matte cream, matte light brown, and matte dark brown. I used these colors to copy some of the tutorials I followed this month.
7. Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette: I love these colors. Lots of great matte browns, and a gold, peanut butter, creams, and a black. I used this palette for doing some neutral, brown eyes this month. Simple, and basic for everyday.
I hope you enjoyed checking out my favorites this month. If you have a blog and do a monthly favorites leave a comment below. I would love to check out other blogs like mine.