Friday, May 26, 2023

Day 5: Thistle Eating Plan

 Yesterday, I started to feel craving for food but then I counted my calories and realized I was under the appropriate amount of calories for me, so I had a yogurt with granola. And that really helped me. Also, I was tired and I might have confused feeling tired with being hungry. 

Today my total calories from Thistle will be about 1500, so I plan on eating some additional snacks today.

Here is my day of eating today: 

Breakfast


Black Bean & Plantain Tofu Scramble: Chipotle spiced black beans mixed with crumbled tofu, plantains, onions & peppers. 370 cal
My Thoughts: This was really good! The tofu was like scrambled eggs, and I have not had plantains before. They were sweet and good. This tasted like a scrambled eggs with veggie dish to me. 10/10

Lunch


Blueberry Sorghum Salad with 'Feta': A beautiful blueberry vinaigrette is the star of this seasonal salad and is perfectly balanced by our crunchy chickpeas and fresh sorghum pilaf. 480 calories

My Thoughts: I give this 9/10 stars. I didn't like the sorghum pilaf. I have never heard of that before. I didn't like the taste of it raw, but it might be good cooked. This is a meal that I could have heated up. I chose to eat it like a regular salad. It tasted good, but I just picked off the sorghum.

Snack:


Okinawa Sweet Potato Bar: The gorgeously pigmented, okinawan root vegetable makes a good (and good-looking) substitute for a traditional sweet potato pie. Simple ingredients, a purple hue, all on top of a cassava shortbread crust. 330 calories

My Thoughts: 10/10 I liked it! At first I wasn't sure I would. I guess I can be a picky eater. This tasted like a cake. 

Dinner:


Crunchy Thai Peanut Bowl with Sesame Pea Protein Crumbles: A veggie & shirataki noodle bowl with cabbage, carrots, baby corn & mushrooms. Served with our creamy coconut-peanut sauce. 400 calories. 

My Review: I don't like it. It just doesn't have the flavors I like. Maybe I would like it better with chicken? I'm not going to get this again. 2/10 stars.

Thanks for checking out my blog! I recommend Thistle if you haven't tried it yet. For the most part I have liked all the meals. And the ones I didn't like, I don't need to get again. They have new dishes for the summertime.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!