Monday, May 22, 2023

Day 1: First Day Trying Out Thistle

 I am excited to start my first week on Thistle! I plan on making a post each day for a week, sharing what I ate for each meal of the day. I hope this will be interesting and helpful.


Breakfast: 


Matcha Chi Smoothie: Green tea meets toasted pepitas and brown rice to create a rich and creamy smoothie reminiscent of genmaicha green tea. Served with a ginger-spiced granola. There is gingerbread granola on top. 370 calories

It has oats, mango, peaches, chia seeds, bananas, maple syrup, spinach, brown rice, pumpin seeds, vanilla extract, green tea matcha powder and sea salt.

My Review: I have never had anything like this before. It sort of tastes like a tea yogurt with granola on top. I can taste the spinach. It seems and tastes like something that is really good for me, so that is why I'm eating the whole thing. It's not terrible tasting. It's just not something I would naturally get at the grocery store. I would probably choose a blueberry yogurt with granola on top, which is also healthy but doesn't have all the vitamins that are in this smoothie. I think I will give this 4/10 stars, not because it doesn't have good things in it, that is just my honest reaction to the taste.


Lunch:




Greek Salad with Crispy Chickpeas: Our spin on a Greek salad, complete with our house made "feta," crispy Biena chickpeas, fresh red pepper and cucumber. It comes with a red wine vinaigrette. 460 calories. My Review: This was so tasty! I think it was the best salad I have ever had! 10/10 It filled me up too. The chickpeas were like croutons to me, and the "feta" tasted like real feta. 

Snack:


Spinach Artichoke Dip: Creamy, crunchy and protein-packed! Served with wholesome seed crackers and crisp veggies for an extra crunch. 360 calories. My Review: This is okay to me. I'd say it is better than the breakfast, and less than the lunch I had. I'd give it a 6/10 for how much I like it.

Dinner


Lemon Pea Pesto Pasta with Roasted Yellow Squash: Chickpea pasta tossed with roasted seasonal squash and our cashew-pea pesto for an extra creamy bite. 640 calories 
My Review: This was 10/10! So delicious! I love it. It tasted so comforting. This was so much better than anything I had on Jenny Craig.

Overall: Day 1 was really good! I loved the lunch and dinner, the snack was ok, the breakfast wasn't something I'm used to. I really am happy with Thistle so far! 







2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!