Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Day 3: Trying Thistle Meals & Meeting My Nutritionist

 Okay, so far so good. I've been eating the meals each day, and I've also been exercising. This morning I did not wake up early to exercise, so hopefully I will fit it into my day today.


Breakfast:


Sweet Potato Hash: Sweet potato hash with scrambled tofu, sauteed onions, bell peppers and longeve protein crumbles seasoned with a breakfast sausage spice blend. Served with a roasted tomato salsa: 420 calories.

My Review: This is so delicious! It is like eggs and potato except it is sweet potato, and it is a little bit spicy from the salsa and spices. I give it 10/10 stars! It is a nice size portion too. I'm also drinking a glass of milk with it.

Lunch:


Crunchy Broccoli & Creamy Poppy Seed Salad with Herb Kidney Beans: Enjoy a broccoli slaw with herb kidney beans, a smoky-sweet crunchy topping, and creamy poppy seed dressing. 460 calories

My Review: This salad is so good! Who knew salads could be this good? I'm not someone who normally gets a salad because i feel like they are so plain usually. But the Thistle salads have been the best salads I have ever eaten! 10/10 stars I give this.

Snack:


Peanut Butter Ganache Bar: These dense peanut butter bars are topped with a creamy coconut-chocolate ganache. 420 cal

My Review: This tasted like a really rich chocolate with peanut butter. I thought it was just ok. I give it 2/5 stars. It's not the type of thing I normally like, so it isn't that Thistle did a bad job making it, I just personally did not prefer it.

Dinner:


Adobo Rice & Veg Bowl with Adobo Pinto Beans: We've balanced the powerful adobo flavors with red rice, roasted veggies & a cooling chipotle ranch dressing. 750 cal

My Review: I really liked it! I have never had this before. It was very filling too. I give it 10/10 stars.

Today, was a really filling day. My total calories was 2,050 which is the amount I need for someone my size to lose weight. Yesterday, at night I felt hungry because I had eaten 1,705 calories that day. 

I met with a nutritionist today, and she said to add a 300 calorie protein snack to my day if the calories are on the low side. These are the snacks she recommended if you are curious:
1. 2 hard boiled eggs, string cheese
2. 3 turkey roll ups, string cheese, carrots and ranch
3. Yoplait with granola
4. 1/4 cup peanuts with string cheese
5. 1/2 a can of tuna with mayo on bread
6. banana with peanut butter or 2 string cheeses





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!