Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Day 2: In My Week Trying Out Thistle Meals

 Yesterday, I really enjoyed trying out the new meals and writing my post about it, so I'm looking forward to doing it today.


Breakfast:


Dirty Chai Oats w/ Oat Latte Cream: Oaktown Spice Shop's chai masala tea is steeped into our rolled oats and paired with an oat latte cream for a dirty chai oatmeal. It was 325 calories. 

Ingredients: water, rolled oats, hemp seeds, chai masala, puffed quinoa, pumpkin seed, date sugar, dried blueberries, maple syrup, rice bran oil, and sea salt

My Review: This was 9/10 for me. It tasted like a really good oatmeal. It was sweet, and I liked the dried blueberries too. I thought there would be a coffee taste to it (and I don't like coffee), but it didn't taste like that. I gave it a 9 instead of a 10 because there was something in it that I didn't really care for, but not a big deal. I would have this again. I don't think I liked the pumpkin seeds.

Lunch


Caterpillar Sushi Salad with Sesame Edamame: This sushi salad unrolls all of the primary flavors of an uramaki "inside-out" caterpillar roll with crunchy red cabbage, cucumber, carrot and short-grain rice. It has chili miso dressing on the side. Total calories is 520.

My Review: I give this 10/10 stars! I loved it. I feel like my body is really craving salads and vegetables. 

Snack


24 Carrot Gold Muffin: This moist carrot muffin is loaded with applesauce, flax seeds, almonds, and plump raisins, and is spiced with cinnamon and ginger. 310 calories

My Review: I think it is 6/10 stars. It tastes like a carrot muffin, a healthy one. I would like it more if it was sweeter, but yet it is not a cake it is a muffin.

I wanted to say also the meals are really filling. I don't feel hungry. Yesterday in between breakfast and lunch i was hungry after exercising. Today I have felt good. With the muffin I had nonfat milk.

Dinner


Panang Peanut Stir-Fry Bowl with Sesame Pea Protein Crumbles: A creamy, nutty peanut sauce coats a stir-fry of fresh mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper & carrots. 550 calories

My Review: 5/10 stars. It was just okay. It would taste better to me if there was chicken in it. They do offer a version of this with sesame roasted chicken. The food was fresh and everything was fine, it was just the taste to me. I'm not used to eating vegetables to be honest. So I know this is really good for my body.

Overall, today my favorites were the breakfast and the lunch was so good! I never thought I would like salads so much. The muffin and stir-fry were just ok to me, not because the food wasn't made well or anything like that, it is just my personal taste and what I am used to eating.









2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!