Sunday, October 29, 2017

October Favorites


My favorites for TV this month is Once Upon A Time on Netflix. I am not up to date with the series. I went some time without watching it. I think that season 7 is on TV, and 6 is on Netflix. I'm in season 5 where the gang is in the Underworld and battling Hades' antics. I don't know why, but I just like this show. It keeps me entertained when I am eating lunch for a few moments. I have always liked fairy tales, and I guess that hasn't gone away with age.


This is the book I read for this month. It was so good. It takes place in the 1700-1800's. At first you get to know Mr. Whitaker and a little bit of his life, but that is just the beginning. The main character is his daughter, Alma. She is a botanist, and her life is fascinating. You get to learn about her and the people she meets up until her old age. I read this for my book club, and I was surprised to learn that about half of the people in the club liked the book, and half didn't like the book. There are some sexual situations in the book that offended people. It didn't bother me, but I can see how some people might be disturbed. I thought the book was really well written, and it seemed so real to me. I felt like I was really taken to a different time and place. I like it when a book can do that.



My favorite singer for the month is Jeremy Camp. He is a Christian singer I got to see him in concert. This is the first Christian concert I have ever been to. I wasn't sure how I would like it. I wondered if maybe the music wouldn't be as good as you hear on the radio. I know that for some famous singers that is the case. They look good, but they aren't very good singers. Well, Jeremy Camp is very talented. And his is the real deal. He has a powerful voice. I was surprised at all the songs I knew of his. He has done a lot of good songs. It felt like a worship service. The concert was held in a church. And Jeremy started out his career with leading worship for churches. He spoke to and it was all inspired by God. It was like a church service only tons more people than attend a regular church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!