Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Favorites


1. Covergirl Clump Crusher by Lashblast Water Resistant in Very Black: I had been using a volumizing mascara, so when I was finished with that it has been nice to have this mascara because it helps separate the lashes.


2. Essie Nail Polish in Sand Tropez: I also have Sally Hansen's Strobe Light on top. Stobe Light is a glitter top coat, so it looks more like sand.


3. Sigma Flat Kabuki F80 Brush: I have been using this to put on my foundation. It blends it in nicely. I heard a lot of people talk about it on Youtube. It looked like a really good brush.


4. Philosophy Shampoo, Shower Gel & Bubble Bath in Fresh Peaches with Cream: This smells so good! It smells like it says, "peaches and cream." I got this in a set from T.J. Max with the matching body lotion and lip gloss. You can find Philosophy products on sale at T.J. Max.



5. Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Pink Ice: This shade looks pretty and natural. It is nice if you have smokey eyes. It feels good on the lips. It is a lavender toned baby pink with silver shimmer.


6. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Strobe Light: I have Essie's Turquoise & Caicos underneath. It's hard to see, but it is a multicolor glitter. People say it is a dupe for OPI's Teenage Dream.


7. L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base: I've been using this as a face primer for my forehead. My forehead is dryer than the other parts of my face, so someone recommended to me to use a different primer and foundation. This primer is more moisturizing, I think. It works well.


8. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black: I was using the Physician Formula one, but I liked my brown Maybelline gel liner better. I decided to get it in black. I also heard people on Youtube talking about the Maybelline gel liner. I think this is the easiest way to put on eyeliner. Easier than a pencil or liquid liner. Eyeliner brushes are easier for me to work with.


9. Revlon Nail Enamel in Sequins from Just Add Sparkle Limited Edition for Holiday 2012: I have Essie's Lollipop underneath. I love golden glitter. I think next I'm going to wear lavender with Sequins on top.


10. Eyeko London Skinny Mini Liquid Eyeliner in Black: I got this from the January Birchbox. It is such a fine tip, it makes it easy to put on the liner. I've been doing my mom's makeup and she likes this too.




11. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Cherries in the Snow: I've been wearing this shade a lot this winter. It is a classic color. I think I remember reading somewhere this has been a long time Revlon shade. It has a good formula. It is a blue-based red, some may say it is a pink. It looks like a dark pink in the photo. On my lips it looks like a red.



12. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection in I Heart Matte: This was limited edition. This Christmas they brought the same palette back and called it, "Drinking A Glass of Shine." They are all matte shades. This is a nice palette to have. I like the colors.

Random Favorites



13. Xhilaration Watch: I got this at Target. I needed a new watch. It is my favorite color. It was the first time I looked at a watch and thought I really wanted it. It was on sale too.


14. Perelandra (Space Trilogy #2) by C.S. Lewis: I put the first book as my favorite last month. In the first book Ransom was kidnapped and taken to Mars. In this book he is sent (willingly) to Venus. It is like the beginning of the world with brand new life and the first man and woman. It is like the garden of Eden, and there is an evil that threatens the world, so Ransom is there to try to stop it from happening. It's an interesting story.


15. That Hideous Strength (Space Trilogy #3) by C.S. Lewis: This was my favorite book of the trilogy. Ransom is in it, but he doesn't come into the story til later. The story takes place at a college. The main characters are a sociology professor and his wife. It says in the preface that this is a fairy tale for grownups. I think that is the best way to describe it. This book can be read on its own, without reading the first two books. I'm surprised I liked this trilogy because I normally don't read science fiction. But these were really good book. I like the Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe series too.


16. Bath and Body Works Scentportables in Farmstand Apple: This makes your car smell like apples. I love it. I want to get some more of these. I have a lavender one, but I feel like it is too early to have that smell in my car. It is more of a springtime scent. I also need to bring the container with me to the store because I can't figure out how to put the scent portable into the container. I've done it before, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. Maybe I need a new one. They come in a variety. I got the cupcake one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!