I did this pretty makeup look today, and I wanted to share it with you. It was really fun to do. I copied a video by Makeup Geek. I used to make blog posts recording the videos I was copying and what makeup I used. Then I would review the finished result. This was from a video made in 2012. It seems like so long ago, but I think the look is still pretty. This was supposed to be a winter night look. I think this look could be worn in the day time. At least I would wear it in the day.
This is the video I watched to recreate the look.
She used all Makeup Geek products. I used what I had. Some of what I used are old products that can't be purchased anymore from the drugstore. I will say what I used because you might have the same products, and I will also describe them so you can find them if you have similar products in your makeup collection.
This is what I did:
1. I took a cobalt blue eye liner and put it on the outer part of my eye under the crease in a c shape, blending inwards. I used L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeliner in Cobalt.
2. I used the other end of the liner that had a smudger and smudged out the edges.
3. Then I took a blue shadow and went over the liner. I used Wet 'n Wild I Heart Matte Palette.
4. I took a light lavender shade and put it in the crease above the blue. I used Urban Decay Ammo Palette in Grifter. It has glitter in it, but I think that's ok. Makeup Geek used a matte lavender.
5. Above the purple I used a matte cream to buff out the edges. I still have an old Wet 'n Wild Palette called Vanity. I used the cream shade there.
6. Next, in the outer corner of the eye I put a matte, dark purple color, and I blended it into the blue. This I took from another old Wet 'n Wild Palette called Lust. I took the third color.
7. After that I got my NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Cottage Cheese and put it on my lid leaving the dark blue and purple parts alone, so the rest of my eye that didn't have shadow on it.
8. On top of the white I put glitter. I have an old Maybelline palette called Color Explosion in Amethyst Ablazed. It has glitter on the top that I like to use with my finger. I don't need to use glue. I put that on the center of my eye and a tiny bit in the blue.
9. With the blue liner, I put it in my waterline and smudged it on the outer half of the lower lash line.
10. With the dark purple shadow I put that on the outer part of the lower lash line.
11. And with the lavender shadow I put that underneath the dark purple and all along the whole lower lash line.
13. I wore a light pink blush. Tarte Paaarty Blush.
14. For lips, I wore Revlon Pink in the Afternoon lipstick with Buxom Lip Gloss in Katie over top.