Friday, April 17, 2015

April Birchbox


I like this box. It reminds me of Spring and my Grandma.


The card says, "There's a reason they call it spring. The fresh blooms and fresh air have put a bounce in our step, and we're thrilled to update our look (hello, new colors and trends). Even your Birchbox has gotten in on the fun: This month's box features an exclusive print designed by Rifle Paper Co. Founded by a genius husband-and-wife duo, the brand is known for its stunning illustrations and covetable stationary - we love them, and hope you do too!" The back of the card has a list of all the products in the box, and a description.


Clean Original Eau de Parfum: "This airy scent blends light fruits and florals for a freshly washed feeling. Spritz onto pulse points like wrists, neck, and behind the knees." I have had samples of this perfume before. It smells like laundry detergent. I can't make my mind up if I like it or not. At times it is a pleasant smell to me.


Not Soap, Radio Body Wash - Bathing with sharks: "This richly foaming cleanser has an energizing, beachy scent. Massage generously into damp skin, then rinse away - or add a dollop to your bath." It smells good to me. I will use this in the shower. I like using these kinds of body washes instead of bars of soap. I am still finishing all the Lush shower gels and Fortune Cookie body wash, but I can add this to the mix.


Paula's Choice RESIST 25% Vitamin C Spot Treatment: "This concentrated treatment fades dark spots, combats redness, and minimizes fine lines. At night, lightly pat onto dark spots and wrinkles. Wear SPF during the day." I have heard nothing but good things about this brand. I will try it out. I am skeptical about products like this because I'm not sure I see them working.


Jane Iredale Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain: "This multitasking, long-lasting color adjusts to your skin for a natural, customized shade. Glide onto lips. Dab onto cheeks and blend well." I like products like this. I will have to try it out. I think the shade is Forever Pink.


Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel: "This acid-free peel gently exfoliates for instantly softer, smoother, brighter skin. Apply to clean face and massage to slough off dully, dry skin. Rinse away." I haven't exfoliated by face for a while. I probably should get back to doing that. Don't they say you should do it once a week? I can't remember. 

This will be fun to experiment with these new products this month. It seems like the IPSY bag had more makeup in it, and the Birchbox had more skincare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!