Thursday, November 3, 2011

Stila Love and Empower Dupes

Stila released a palette based on the movie, "The Help." I haven't seen the movie, but my cousin rated the book all stars on goodreads.com. I have to check out that book. Anyway, I found dupes for the colors in the palette and I also found the face chart that goes with it. I got my information for duping and the chart from this blog: http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2011/08/stila-love-and-empower-palette-review-swatches-photos.html. I think the blogger mixed up the shades Dignity and Cherish according to the face chart, or maybe Stila mixed it up. So I fixed it. I'm pretty sure the mauve color goes on the lid and the dark brown goes on as an eye liner.

1. Apply Love from lash line to crease. Love is a soft matte creamy beige color. You can find this shade in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette Vanity the first shade.

2. Apply Empower to crease and blend. Empower is a shimmering gold color. You can also find this shade in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette Vanity the fifth shade.

3. Apply Dignity to lid for a hint of shimmer. Dignity is a soft, plum mauve color. I mixed the browbone color with the eyelid color in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Trio Knock on Wood.

4. Apply Cherish along upper lash line. Cherish is a shimmering dark brown color. Again, you can find this in the same Wet 'n Wild Vanity Palette the sixth shade.

My Thoughts on the Eyes: It is sort of an odd combination to have gold on the crease and cranberry on the lid. I think it really brings out the hazel in my eyes, but I would never wear this. It just looks odd to me. I'm not really sure why.

Blush in Hope: Dusky, warm peach, I couldn't find a dupe for this in my collection. It doesn't look peach to me. It looks like a dark pink.

Highlighter in Joy: Cooler, pale peach Covergirl Cheekers in Pretty Peach. Even though the color matches I wouldn't use this as a highlight. This is more of a blush. It looks pretty with the Elf gloss.

Stila Lipglaze in Apricot: Elf Hypershine Gloss in Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!