Monday, October 31, 2011

October Favorites

My favorites from last month haven't changed. I just wanted to add new products to the list of favorites. I also wanted to go into a little more depth as to why I chose the products I did for this month.

1. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream: For a couple of months I have been trying different eye creams. My eyes were sensitive to everything. Moisturizers that worked well for my face, made my eyes sting. Even products labeled "eye creams" were making my eyes sting. So finally I asked my mom what she uses. She uses Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream all over her face including her eyes. She has done this for years. She is in her 60's and she has very good skin. I tried this and my eyes love it. It is very moisturizing and no stinging.



2. Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash: For over a month I have been seeing a dermatologist to take care of my adult acne problem. The doctor has recommended for me to use a benzoyl peroxide wash in the daytime and a salicylic acid wash in the nighttime. This wash has 2% Salicylic Acid, which is the percentage recommended by the doctor. I have seen improvement on my skin!



3. Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Control Cleanser: I ran out of the benzoyl peroxide wash I used last month which was a favorite. This cleanser I had in my cupboard. It came in a set if I remember correctly. I'm just using the cleanser part of the set because it has benzoyl peroxide in it.



4. L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof Mascara in Black Brown: This has been my favorite mascara for a long time now. I have lots of different mascaras, and I try different ones that come out, but I keep going back to this one. It makes my lashes look full and curled. I use this on the top lashes only.



5. Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black: I found this on emilynoel83's channel on youtube. She had a video of her favorite mascaras. This one she recommended for bottom lashes. I got this to try out and it really does work great for the bottom lashes. This is the only thing I use now. I use to never put mascara on my bottom lashes because it was too hard for me. I would make a mess.



6. Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel: I don't remember how I heard about this. I must have been searching for the best facial primer. I found that a lot of people use this and find it works just as good if not better than the popular facial primers. I decided to try it. I can definitely tell a difference. My makeup goes on so much smoother if I put this on first. I love this stuff. It has similar ingredients to Smashbox's famous primer.



7. Tresemme Frizz Shield Finishing Spray: I use this just about every day I wear my hair up. It keeps my hair in place and doesn't let the frizzies out too much.



8. Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda -07 Concealer Palette: I still use my Maybelline Super Stay 24 Hour Concealer from last month's favorites, but this concealer I reached for a lot too this month. There is a greenish shade that helps cover up redness. I had days where I felt like my whole face was red. There is also a salmon concealer to conceal under eye dark spots. There is a light shade to use as a regular concealer and then also a setting powder. This works really nicely. The only thing is that it may not be light enough for my skin. It is for light skin though, I just have very pale skin.



9. Enjoy Sulfate-Free Rejuvenating Volumizing Shampoo: I started using this a while ago. I went to Super Cuts and the lady doing my hair asked what shampoo I used. At the time I always used Pantene Volumizing Shampoos and Conditioners. She said that is the worst thing I could use on my hair. I guess because I have fine hair, all the oils in the Pantene products clogged the pores in my head and would give me dandruff and cause my hair to fall out! I've been using Enjoy ever since and my hair has no dandruff and is a lot improved. It feels really nice on the head. It is cooling and minty.

10. Enjoy Rejuvenating Volumizing Conditioner: This makes my head tingle and thats when you know it is working. I love the way it feels on my head. It reminds me of brushing my teeth, except for my hair. It leaves a fresh, minty, cooling feeling.

11. Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Shower Gel: This smells so good. Just like it's name. It doesn't last on the skin, but while you are using it in the shower you can smell it. It is one of my favorite scents of all time I think.



What are your October favorites? Leave a comment or post your blog so I can see what you wrote. Have a happy Halloween and November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!