Sunday, October 9, 2011

Duping Estee Lauder's Modern Mercury

One of my favorite Beauty Gurus on Youtube is A Model Recommends. She often times will show looks using brand new collections of very expensive makeup like Estee Lauder or Nars. She recently did a fall tutorial using Estee Lauder's new fall collection called "Modern Mercury." This is my cheapy dupe of it.
Here is the tutorial first of all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkzFiuERILI

1. First, she uses Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in Platinums. She takes the white sparkly color from her lashes to her brows. I used my Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Pride, the 4th white sparkly color.

2. Next, she takes the darker color from the Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in Modern Mercury. This is a gray color. She uses a fluffy brush to put it from her lashes to her brows. I copied this by using my Elf 32 eyeshadow palette in Brights that has a gray color 4th on the bottom row. I didn't know if this would look good on me. Of course I think everything looks good on her because she is a model. This actually did look pretty on me.

3. Then, she used Estee Lauder Pure Color Illuminating Powder Gelee under her brow as a highlight and buffed it on the top of her cheekbones with her fingertips. I used Elf Shimmering Facial Whip in Lilac Petal.

4. After that she used Estee Lauder Eyeshadow Duo in Moons. I couldn't find that on their website. It maybe something just in the UK or perhaps she made a mistake. In the collection there is a Duo called Black Chrome that comes with a black matte color. This may be the shade she's referring to. She used this as an eyeliner doing a top flick at the end and also lining her lower lashes with it. I used my matte black in Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Palette in Greed, the 3rd color.

5. For her lipstick she used Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick in Nude Velvet. This is a peachy tone, matte color. It didn't make her lips look dead or concealed. It was just a pretty, neutral color on her. I used my Victoria Secret Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm to prep my lips. Then I lined and filled my lips in with No.7 Line & Define Lip Pencil in 20 Nude. You could use any nude lipliner.

6. For everything else I'm sure she used the regular face products and mascara. She didn't mention anything specifically. I just used what I normally use. I didn't wear any blush.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!