I'm sorry to say, but once again I was disappointed with this month's Birchbox. I feel bad about it. I feel like I should feel grateful or something. The best part about it is seeing it arrived. I get so happy to see the box and feel the anticipation of what could possibly be inside.
This is what the card says about each item, and then I will tell you what my opinion is for each.
1. Befine Lip Serum: A lip-healing wonder: Befine's vitamin-rich Lip Serum heals and smooths cracked or dry lips. My Opinion: This really moisturizes my lips. Much more than a chapstick or lip balm. I put it on this morning and I still feel it on my lips. I think next time I will put it on before I go to sleep.
2. Blinc Mascara: This tubing mascara won't smear, smudge, or run - plus it gives lashes a sassy, extra glossy look. My Opinion: This seems like an ordinary mascara to me. I know I will have to take it off differently though. You use warm water and gently take off the tubes around each lash. It sort of worries me. Am I going to lose lashes?
3. Pangea Organics Japanese Matcha Tea Facial Mask: This natural, antioxidant-packed mask does it all: purifies, exfoliates, balances, and hydrates. Use it once a week for skin so smooth you won't even need makeup. My Opinion: I am currently seeing a dermatologist for acne treatment so I'm just using products my doctor has recommended or prescribed to me. Also, last month the Pangea Organics product was a real dud for me, but my mom loved it. I gave the sample to her, and she loved it so much she wanted me to buy it for her. I bought it for her, so I gave this mask to her too thinking she might really love it. She is in her 60's, so her skin has different needs than mine.
4. Orofluido Beauty Elixer: We don't know what we love more - this hair treatment's trio of nourishing essential oils (argan, linseed, cyperus)or its intoxicating vanilla amber scent. My Opinion: It smells good when first put on, but once my hair is dried I can't smell it. I didn't notice that it did anything special for my hair. My hair still looks frizzy. I still needed to use other products and my straightener.
5. Tea Forte Minteas: Our new obsession, these tasty mints are infused with energizing yerba mate and rich cocoa. My Opinion: These taste good, but they just seem like regular mints to me, nothing special.
Maybe I am a snob against expensive beauty products, but I don't see how these are anything better than I could find at a drugstore.