Tuesday, February 12, 2013
February manages to pack a slew of big-ticket events into a brief 28 days. There's that football game with commercials (kidding!), not to mention all the major awards shows. Can you blame us for being a wee bit excited?
In honor of all the nominees and winners - and all of us armchair-style commentators - we've put together an assortment of products worthy of the red carpet. Don't worry if you don't have a posse of pros - you've got us! We've tapped experts from the hair, beauty, and fashion worlds to help you feel ready to conquer your personal red carpet - whether that's a big work presentation or your best friend's wedding.
In addition to your samples, we have a hair tutorial with celeb favorite Serge Normant, insider secrets from a Hollywood stylist, and a guide to primping like a star. And we want to hear form you! How are your samples, our YouTube tutorials, or our expert interviews helping you prep for whatever you have in store this month? Tell us on Twitter and Instagram with #BBready!
Katia, Hayley & Team Birchbox
1. TIGI Catwalk Session Series Transforming Dry Shampoo: Master stylists always have this oil-busting dry shampoo in their kit. It leaves behind a tousled, piecey finish. I've never tried a dry shampoo. I know TIGI is a good brand.
2. A treat from Ghiradelli: You deserve a little sweetness. Try Ghiradelli's Milk & Caramel Square solo or experiment - s'mores or baked into a cookie. Who says you can't riff on decadence. I love these chocolates!
3. Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator: This exfoliating cleanser uses professional-grade (read: effective) microderm crystals and papaya enzymes to brighten skin. I will give this to my mom. I'm happy with my current skincare routine.
4. Juicy Couture Couture La La: Roll out the red carpet for this new scent, a stunning mix of mandarin, red currant, lily, and orange blossom. I love the Juicy Couture scents. I'm happy to get this.
5. Jouer Matte Moisture Tint: This SPF 15 oil-free tinted moisturizer blends in beautifully to even out skin and control shine. I swear I've gotten this in a box before. I haven't tried it out yet.