Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Empties

These are products I used up, and since I used all of it I either recommend it or not. This includes full size and samples.


1. DIY Brush Spot Cleaner: I finished a whole bottle of this. It worked so well! I used it every day after doing my makeup. I'm definitely going to make more of this. I saved so much money this way! I highly recommend it! It looked it up on Youtube and I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5X27Yl1Oss. It is really easy to make you just need baby shampoo, a squirt bottle and rubbing alcohol. Then the way I use it is I squirt some on a paper towel and clean my brushes with it after I'm done doing my makeup. It disinfects and conditions my brushes.


2. Nioxin Volumizing Reflectives Bliss Thermal Protector: I got this a while ago when I had my haircut. The stylist was using it on me and I needed a heat protectant. It has lasted a long time. I really like it. I didn't repurchase it because I wanted to try the Tresemee one that everyone talks about. I would recommend this Nioxin spray. I would get it again. You can find it in salons. I think it is on the pricier side.


3. The Body Shop Vineyard Peach Cream Body Scrub: I thought this was just ok. It's not my "holy grail" body scrub. I'm going to try out a different one next time. It didn't last a long time. I got this off of Ulta's website. It smells like peaches.


4. Suave Kids Detangling Spray in Double Dutch Apple: I love this stuff! It smells like apples and it detangles my hair. It is only $2! I repurchased this.


5. Maybelline Expert Eyes Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover for Waterproof Eye Makeup: I love it. I get it whenever I run out. I've been using this for years. I keep it at my makeup table, and use it with a q-tip whenever I need to fix mistakes. There is also a blue one for non waterproof makeup, and it doesn't leave an oily residue.



6. Lush Prince Charming Shower Gel: This smells so good! It has pomegranate juice, marshmallow and vanilla. This was limited edition for Valentine's Day. If it comes back next year, I will repurchase a bigger size. I recommend this. I found a body wash by Dove that has pomegranate in it, and this may be a dupe for Prince Charming!


7. Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait: This is a beautiful shiny peach lipstick. Some people don't like the lip butters because they are disappointed with how much they moisturize. If you need to moisturize your lips, there are better products out there. I just like these lipsticks because of the way they feel and look on my lips. I am going to repurchase this.


8. One 'n Only Argan Oil: I put this in my hair when it is about 50% dry. I put it on the ends of my hair. It helps make the hair healthy. This is a little sample that came with my flat iron. I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply. I recommend this. I'm going to repurchase it.


9. Ralph Lauren Romance Perfume: It is too strong. I don't like it. This is what the Sephora website says about it: "The women's fragrance that evokes the timeless essence of falling in love. Discover the sensual essence of velvety woods, extravagant florals, and seductive musk." I think they put too much musk in this. I wouldn't buy it.


10. Freeman Facial Hydration Mask in Goji Berry: This smells really good. This is what the packaging says: "hydrates and soothes skin, this hydrating mask with the regenerative powers of Goji Berry helps restore healthy skin tone and improves moisture retention. It soothes and hydrates, creating supple, soft skin." I feel like it takes moisture away from my skin. When I had it on, it made my face so itchy, I could hardly wait 10 minutes to take it off. Then when I took it off I waited to see if I wouldn't need any lotion because it was so hydrating. It didn't take long for my skin to feel bothered and I needed lotion. This is a sample mask that I used several times. I wouldn't buy the full size. I have other masks that work better.

I hope these reviews were helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!