Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Favorites


1. Favorite Movie: The Greatest Showman. This is a musical about the life of P.T. Barnum. He is the man who invented a circus. The songs are really good. I really recommend this movie.


2. Favorite TV Show: The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. This is a reality show on Bravo I like to watch. It is interesting to me to watch how the ladies get along with each other. I think I like to study people.


3. Favorite Book: The Accidental Tourist by Anne Tyler. I love Anne Tyler books. Her characters are so funny and relatable. In this book Macon Leary writes travel books for business people that would rather stay home than travel, but since they have to travel he shows them how to do it without feeling like you are actually traveling. His son has died and his wife has left him. Then he breaks his leg. His dog is acting up. He meets a dog trainer. I've read this book more than once.


1. Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea. I spray this on my face first thing before I do my makeup. It hydrates my face, and it smells good. It is refreshing. I also like the rose water spray, but I wanted to try the green tea one. I heard there is a lavender spray out now too. I got this at Ulta.


2. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream: I put this on my face before doing my makeup. This makes sure my face is moisturized. I went to a dermatologist several years ago and this is the cream she recommended for me to use, and I've been using it ever since.


3. Dr. Brandt Pores No More Face Primer: I have been using this as a face primer. I think it does a good job of smoothing over pores, and is a good base for foundation. I got this deluxe sample from Ulta. It smells like medicine.


4. Covergirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation: I am still using this foundation. I think it looks really nice on my face. I have normal to dry skin I would say. I think this foundation is full coverage, but it doesn't look like a mask. I don't know why I don't hear more people talk about this foundation. I think it's really good.


5. Wet 'n Wild Photo Focus Concealer: This is my favorite concealer. It is full coverage. I wear it under my eyes and pimples or red spots like around my nose. It is inexpensive and does the job.


6. Maybelline Fit Me! Powder: This is in translucent. I put this all over my face. It helps set my makeup. It doesn't make me look cakey. And takes care of any shine.



7. Benefit Hoola Bronzer: I use this to contour my face. It is a natural shade for my fair skin. It is also matte. I got this deluxe sample from a Benefit Advent Calendar several years ago. When this runs out I think I will buy the full size. The sample has lasted a long time.



8. The Balm Rockstar Palette: I have been using this palette for the highlight called Disco Disco Solid Gold. It is the same thing as the Mary Lou Manizer I have been using for years. It's a pretty gold highlight.


9. Milani Eye Shadow Primer: I have been using this for years also. It is cheap and does a good job of priming my eyelids. It helps the shadows last a long time on my eyes and not crease. I get this at Fred Meyers.



10. Lorac Pro Palette: I have reached for this palette the most out of all my eye shadow palettes. It's a great basic, neutral palette. The matte shades are on the top row. The shimmers are on the bottom.


11. NYX Matte Liquid Liner: This is a matte, black liquid liner I use whenever I give myself a wing or flick. This is inexpensive as well. It has a brush applicator.


12. L'oreal Voluminous Lash Paradise in Black: I get this in the waterproof kind. I have been using this mascara for months now. I keep repurchasing it. I think it does a good job of volumizing, lengthening, separating, and curling my lashes. It is supposed to be a dupe for Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara. The packaging is similar. But I think it is better than that mascara.



13. Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny: This is a good, inexpensive nude lip liner. I've been using this for a long time too. I like Jordana lip liners.

I hope you had a good month, and have a wonderful new year!



















1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!