Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October Birchbox

I was happy to see my Birchbox came today. I look forward to opening it and see what surprises await me.



The card on the inside says, "Hi there, Since we were kids, October has meant one thing: costumes. (And candy, of course.) From princesses to Wonder Woman, we had quite the parade of getups. In honor of those days, we're dedicating this month's Birchbox to beauty changes both big and small.
Transformation doesn't have to mean dying your hair blue or tossing out your entire closet. We've picked samples that you can use to shake up your routine. Switch up your hairstyle, try a bolder lipstick shade, or go completely sans makeup one day. You'll be surprised at how minor tweaks can make a big difference. If you don't know where to start, let us help: we've got five-minute makeover ideas, a video on wearing bronzer year-round, and an easy hair switch that will dramatically update your look. And if you still feel like going for a cobalt coif? We support that."



1. LiQWd The Perfect Wave: "Beachy waves are gorgeous year-round, and this light texturizing cream helps us get the look." I always want to have beachy waves, but products I've tried in the past never seem to work on my hair. I will try this to see if it works.

2. LiQWd SiLK Professional Deep Conditioning Treatment: "The quinoa proteans in this lush conditioning mask fortify dehydrated strands and boost volume." I will try this out and see what it's like.


3. Mighty Leaf Tea Organic African Nectar, Green Tea Tropical, and Organic Earl Grey: "Swap your afternoon latte for these yummy tea blends, made from natural, ethically sourced ingredients." I don't really like tea. I will put this in the kitchen cabinet in case someone else wants to try these.


4. Mox Botanicals Pomegranate & Fig Lip Butter: "Made in Portland, this eco-chic balm revives lips with avocado oil and shea butter." Sounds nice. I will give it a try.


5. theBalm cosmetics Mary-Lou Manizer: "Play up your best features with this three-in-one highlighter, shadow, and all-over shimmer." I am so happy to get this! I've heard great things about it. I can't wait to use it. I love the packaging and the swatch on my hand is very pretty.


6. Harvey Prince Eau Flirt: "How about a fragrance confidence boost? This fanciful scent, with fresh citrus and jasmine notes, is designed to make you smell irresistible." I love getting fragrance samples. It smells good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!