Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Favorites


1. Divergent by Veronica Roth: This is my first time mentioning a book in a favorites post. I love to read. I'm always reading. I decided to include my favorite read for the month. I finished this book in October, and I absolutely loved it. It is the first in a trilogy. The second book is Insurgent, which I'm currently reading. The third book hasn't come out yet. It reminds me of The Hunger Games series. If you liked those books, I think you would like these. The main character is a girl who is only 16. It takes place in the future. When you turn 16 you take a test that determines which faction you belong in. You can choose to go to that faction or remain in the one you were born and raised in. The different factions are: Dauntless which values courage, Amity which values peace, Candor which values honesty, Erudite which values knowledge, or Abnegation which values selflessness. The books are very exciting. If you want to read these books be prepared to hold on to your seats!


2. My October Calendar Picture: Isn't this so cute?! I wanted to include this in my favorites because I fell in love with this picture that was on my wall calendar for the month of October. I have a "Kittens" Calendar by Studio18. I don't remember where I got it. Probably from a drugstore. The pictures are so adorable.



3. China Glaze Nail Lacquer in For Audrey: I have heard about this nail polish for awhile, but I could never find it. I think it was always sold out. This is my favorite color. The nail polish has lasted for so long on my nails. It is a record. I took these pictures at the beginning of the month when it was still warm outside I was wearing Tevo's still. It is like the Tiffany's box color. So pretty. <3


4. Essie Nail Lacquer in Lollipop: I had heard or read somewhere that this was a great red nail polish. I bought it a little while ago and had it setting on my table with my other nail polishes that I haven't tried yet. I finally decided to wear it. It is so pretty. I felt like a lady. xD


5. The Balm What's Your Type? Black Mascara: I got this from my IPSY October bag. It volumizes your lashes, and it doesn't flake off. I don't think I would buy this because I prefer to buy the cheaper mascaras since I think they do a good job too. I have to admit this is a great mascara though.


6. Forever 21 Earrings: Here is another first for my favorites. I never write about jewelry I'm wearing. Lately, I've been loving studs. These three I've been wearing a lot. The top are fake diamonds, with diamonds all around the sides. They're very beautiful. It's hard to see in my picture. The second are black roses that I like to wear whenever I'm wearing black. The third pair look almost golden in the picture, but they are more of a bronze type color. I like to wear this when I'm wearing brown clothing. It's very simple, but elegant I think.



7. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Trio in Knock on Wood: I like how pigmented the shadows are, and how easily blendable they are. I really like the eyelid color which is a beautiful cranberry. It's a nice fall shadow. It looks pretty on hazel eyes.


8. Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White: This is a nice pencil to use if you want to put white in your waterline. I don't always do this, but several of the looks I wore this month called for this in the waterline. Some say it makes your eyes appear bigger. I think it just gives a sort of 60's type look because I know I'm wearing white in the waterline and I'm not fooling myself. It can look really pretty if paired with the right type of eye makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!