Saturday, August 3, 2013

Summer Favorite Makeup Looks Part 5



Just when I thought the summer makeup looks had come to an end, I find more looks! The summer looks were starting to dwindle, so I thought people were over it, but I guess they are still being inspired. I love it because summer is different from the other seasons because it is so dang hot and you have to do your makeup completely different. I need all the help I can get!

I have learned if you have trouble being too oily it helps to get Milk of Magnesia (you can get it from the Dollar Store) and use a cotton ball to wipe it on your face before doing makeup. It will help keep your face from getting too oily. It is a good trick. It also helps to get a foundation that is for oily skin or combination. I had this, but the Milk of Magnesia was the trick I needed. Also, a matte powder is good.

This is the makeup I used with a lot of these looks.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under eyes)
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (top and bottom lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (second layer of top lashes)
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Face Primer: Milk of Magnesia, Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory, Boots No.7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Cool Ivory
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched
Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black

These are the newest summer makeup looks I have adapted and copied for myself. The link is to the actual Youtube tutorial the person made of the look on themselves. My notes are what I did on my face and how I thought it looked on me. I only post looks on my blog that I personally liked on myself and would recommend to someone else.

1. Get Ready With Me: Summer Look with New Products! by emilynoel83 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTI_lfnvWkE
a. CC Cream
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, temples, hollows of cheeks, jaw, neck
e. Stila Mango Crush Lip & Cheek Stain on her lips and cheeks: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset
f. Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Lovers Coral
g. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, eyelid
h. Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Buff & Tough, eyelid, crease: Sephora Cinderella Palette in Drizella
i. Maybelline Color Tattoo Pure Pigments in Barely Brazen, under brow, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Trio in Fauna, browbone color
j. Black Eye Liner, top lash line
k. Mascara
My Thoughts: Some people just want to use a bb cream or cc cream or a tinted moisturizer for the summertime. I want more coverage than that, and I want to be more matte. My new favorite blush is Sonia Kashuk's Sunset and I love the Lovers Coral Lipstick. These are new products for me. Drizella is a really beautiful eye shadow. It goes well on top of Bad to the Bronze.

2. Wearable Summer Gold Makeup by beeisforbeeauty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IRCWpsKKDI
a. MAC Eye Pencil in Copper, bottom half of eyelid: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes, copper
b. Urban Decay Half Baked, upper half of eyelid: left color in L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic
c. Urban Decay Bootycall, under eyebrow, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color
d. Bare Minerals Diamond Body Powder in Bronze, outer 1/3 of upper and lower lash lines: Wet 'n Wild Newport Nights, middle color
e. Mascara
f. Bronze Shimmer Highlight, on cheeks and sides of eyes: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection in Rose Golden Goddess
g. Bare Minerals Flawless Radiance highlighter, top of cheekbones
h. Stila Lip Pencil in Adorable, fill in lips: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lip Liner in Coral
i. MAC Lip Gloss in Lady Gaga 2: Nyx Lip Gloss in Frosted Beige
j. Coral Blush (She didn't say what.): Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset
My Thoughts: It's a lot of products on the cheeks, but in the end it looks pretty, so it all comes together.

3. Summer Makeup: How to Look GLOWING but not SHINY! by AModelRecommends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpbp4y8iFas
a. Tinted Moisturizer
b. Concealer
c. Lighting Powder, all over face: Wet 'n Wild Reserve Your Cabana
d. Bronzer, cheeks, sides of eyes, temples
e. Kiko Color Shock Long Lasting Eye Shadow in shade 4, eyelid: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Va Va Va Bloom, 1st shade
f. Mascara
g. Kiko Kiss Balm in Cherry: Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop
My Thoughts: I was surprised, but Reserve Your Cabana was a little darker than my skin color! I should have used Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Powder in Translucent because that would give an all over glow without adding any color. If you have darker skin coloring than me, then Reserve Your Cabana might work. You just want to find a powder that matches your skin coloring that will give you a glow. The Va Va Va Bloom color is really pretty. This look is so easy.

4. Heatproof Make-Up Tips - Summer in the City Tutorial by Lisa Eldridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQr4iizyv0U
a. Mattifying Moisturizer, nose, chin, forehead
b. Foundation
c. Concealer
d. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Permanent Taupe: The US equivalent is Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough as Taupe.
e. Khaki Color Eye Liner, upper lash line, lower lash line, waterline, blend with a q-tip top and bottom: Milani Liquid Eye in Green
f. Mascara
g. Cream Bronzer, under cheekbones, temples, hairline, neck, nose
h. Daniel Sandler Waterproof Blusher: NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Glow
i. Maybelline Super Stay 14 HR Lipstick in Stay With Me Coral, blot with a tissue: Wet 'n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Pinkerbell
j. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick 3D Super Color Volume Lip Shine in Fuchsia-ristic: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop
My Thoughts: I don't have a mattifying moisturizer, so I used Milk of Magnesia. That has been working well with oil control. I don't have a khaki eye liner, so I used green. I think the green looks pretty. I'm not sure I like that liner though because it is supposed to be retractable, but it isn't working and you can't sharpen it. It is brand new too. I didn't use a cream bronzer because my cream bronzers are either too dark or too gold. I just used my usual powder bronzer. She doesn't use a powder, but I need one to cut down on my shine. I like this look. I hope it lasts in this heat! Later...it did do a good job in the heat!

5. How To: Flawless Golden Glow by samanthaschuerman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4_d1WJeTkQ
a. Physicians Formula BB Cream Concealer
b. Physicians Formula BB Powder
c. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks a little bit higher, temples
d. Physicians Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Blush in Rose
e. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Shadow & Liner Nude Collection in Warm Nudes, top color, under brow, inner corner
f. Same Palette, top two colors, top of cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow
g. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio Nude Collection in Warm Nude, Copper Liner, eyelid, blend it out with finger
h. Same Palette, 3rd one from bottom, eyelid
i. Same Palette, 5th one from bottom, crease
j. Same Palette, 4th color, inner 1/3 with a fluffy brush and into the crease, lower lash line, take finger and pop it in the center of lid
k. Same Palette, 2nd color, use finger and put it on top of the gold in the center of the lid
l. From the same Eyeliner Trio, Bronze Eyeliner, upper lash line, waterline
m. Same Palette, bottom shade, go over liner
n. Mascara
o. Physicians Formula pH Matchmaker pH Powered Lip Gloss in Pink
My Thoughts: I need more matte foundation in this summer heat, so I'm skipping on the BB cream, and I don't have a BB concealer or BB powder, so I'm just using what I normally use. This tutorial inspired me to go out and buy some of the products she used. I normally like to stick with what I have, and I feel guilty when I buy new things. I feel happy with these purchases. The blush is so beautiful. It has a pink high heal shoe on the front! And it smells like vanilla! The packaging is so cute. I love this blush! I got the eye shadow palette too. I have gotten Physicians Formula eye shadow palettes before, and I am really happy with them. The packaging on this is so cute, too. It has black lace and a peach bow. The colors are so beautiful and suit me very well. The highlight is really pretty. I used a fluffy eye shadow brush. I got the eyeliners she used, and I'm really happy with them. It comes with a copper, bronze, and a black. They are really great quality liners, and they come with built in sharpeners. The copper liner matches my hair color. I got the lip gloss also. It has cool packaging too. It has a mirror along the side, so you can use it when you put on the lip gloss. On the top it has a button you can push and turn on a light! So if it is dark it would help you see to put on the gloss. This lip gloss is so cool because it changes colors. It says to the right color for you on your lips. It's based on pH, I honestly don't understand how it works, but the color it turned on my lips was pretty. Sorry I wrote so much for this look! This is one of my favorite summer time looks. I think Samantha Schuerman is really talented, and she seems sweet too.

6. Tutorial: Summery Pinks and Greens by Grete Link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riRMbzCHPRc
a. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, eyelid, under brow, tearduct, lower lash line
b. Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color, tearduct
c. Wet 'n Wild Petal Pusher, 1st color, tearduct
d. MAC Pigment in Cheers My Dear! wet brush, eyelid: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Explosion Amethyst Ablazed, left color
e. Bourjois Metallic Eyeliner in 55 Vert Pepite, lower lash line: Jesse's Girl Kohl Formula Eye Liner in Emerald City
f. Wet 'n Wild Greed, 2nd color, crease
g. Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color, browbone
h. Peggy Sage matte purple eyeshadow, outer part of eyelid and crease: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 2nd color
i. Wet 'n Wild Lust, 6th color, wet brush, upper lash line
j. Mascara
k. Foundation
l. Powder
m. Concealer
n. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, cheeks
o. Elf Glossy Gloss in Pink Candy: Bonnebell Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait
My Thoughts: I put the eye makeup on first before my foundation routine, and I was a little scared at how I looked. But when you put on the mascara and the rest of your face makeup the eye makeup looks a lot better. I love Bonnebell lip glosses! They smell good, look good, and they're cheap! They feel really good on the lips. I don't talk a lot about Grete Link, but she does amazing tutorials. She doesn't have a lot of subscribers, but she is absolutely gorgeous and talented. I love her. I like how she uses Wet 'n Wild products. She is from Estonia, so sometimes she uses products that aren't available here (at least where I live), but you can still dupe them.

7. Get Ready with Me & OOTD: California Casual by cosmetic couturier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eQ0jFskyLw
a. Eye Primer
b. Foundation, and on the eyelids
c. Concealer
d. Stila All Over Shimmer in Kitten Shimmer, cheekbones, above eyebrows, browbone: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
e. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, hair line
f. Too Faced Sweet Pea Cheek and Lip Cream: Nyx Rouge Cream Blush in Natural
g. Powder
h. Lush Breath of Fresh Air Toner: Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
i. Nude Liner in waterline
j. Illamasqua Blush in Tweak: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
k. Wet 'n Wild Fergie To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow, top of cheekbones
l. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing
m. Mascara
n. Gabriel Lipstick in Sheer Pink: Wet 'n Wild Megashield Lip Color SPF 15 in It's A Girl
My Thoughts: Be careful with Flushed blush. I put too much on by accident. I would use a stippling brush if I could put it on again. There isn't any eye shadow in this look, so it is important to put foundation on the lids and do a black liner. It makes your eyes stand out without having eye shadow on. The lipstick It's A Girl is really pretty and is a great summertime color. This look is mainly about face products. I love it.

8. 2 in 1 Summer Makeup & Hair Tutorial by xteeener http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY2CJOKJ2yY
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Eye Primer
e. Sigma Down Play Eye Liner, eyelid, 2/3 of outer lower lash line: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Eyeliner Trio in Warm Nude Eyes, copper eye liner
f. Sigma Drift Eye Liner, inner 1/3 of lower lash line, inner part of lid: Elf Eye Liner in Gold
g. Sigma Balance Eye Liner, outer v area, outer 1/3 of lower lash line, inner waterline: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
h. Elf Get the Look Beach Beauty 28 Piece Day Palette, 2nd color, inner 1/3 of lower lash line and inner corner of lid
i. Same Palette, 2 colors below 2nd color, center of eyelid
j. Same Palette, top bronzer, crease
k. Black Eye Liner, upper lash line, faintly smudge black 1/2 way outer lower lash line
l. Mascara
m. Same Palette, top bronzer, cheeks, jaw, hair line, sides of nose
n. Same Palette, peach blush
o. Same Palette, 2nd color below brow bone, top of cheekbones, sides of eyes, down the nose, cupid's bow
p. Concealer over lips
q. Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Rosy Nude
My Thoughts: The brown liner in the outer v looks weird on me. I don't think I did it right, so I'm rewatching the video. I'm not sure why it looks good on her, but weird on me. I'm going to have to remove it. It doesn't look bad on the lower lash line. Now I'm going to reapply the eyelid color. I think it is because her brown liner was lighter than mine. The top bronzer is a good shade for me. I'm surprised because usually bronzers are too dark for me, but this is a good shade. It isn't orange. It looks like a natural tan. The blush is really pretty. I really love the lipstick. I like how I had a lot of the same products she used. The look is pretty, especially for a warm toned person.

I hope you enjoy these makeup looks. What makeup have you been wearing this summer? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!