Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Favorites!

Favorite TV Show


The Real Housewives of Miami: The newest season started this month. I am so excited. I get so involved in these ladies lives. I like to watch these shows with my mom. It is about a bunch of wealthy women who get into fights with each other and have all kinds of drama in their lives. Sometimes they are friends, sometimes they are enemies. It is very intriguing and addicting! It's on Bravo.

Favorite Beauty Items


1. Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black: This was really raved about on Youtube. Several of the people I subscribe to were loving this and it looked like it really made their lashes look lush. I couldn't find this in the stores. I thought there was going to be a display for it. I found it tucked away on the little Jordana shelf with the rest of the Jordana makeup. It was very inexpensive. It only costs $2.99! This mascara is so good! Normally, I switch around what mascara I use and try different kinds, but I think the next time I get mascara I will be sticking with this one. I love it!


2. Bath & Body Works Body Lotion in Warm Vanilla Sugar: I love this lotion! It smells so good and it is wonderful to use when you are finished taking a shower. My body is so dry it just drinks this stuff in. I got this as a Christmas present and I didn't really use it for some reason. I've been bad at moisturizing my body. But this month I've been exfoliating and moisturizing. I've used this almost all up! I have gotten compliments on the smell too. It is a very comforting smell.


3. DIY Mint Cacao Lip Scrub: My mom introduced me to pinksofoxy's youtube channel, and this month I've been watching her videos and trying out her DIY beauty products. You can find her video on how to make this scrub here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWEoJuG5a8I. It is so yummy and smells so good. This is the best lip scrub I've ever used. I like to use it when I take a shower, so it's ok if I make a mess. I've used almost the whole batch I made. I think I probably need to make a new one. There is something fun about making your own products. It's like a craft project or something. It's really easy to make. If I can make it, anybody can!


4. DIY Sugar Cookie Body Scrub: This is another DIY by pinksofoxy. You can find the tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktg4Bwb1aVo. I don't think I used the right kind of coconut oil because what she used was a liquid, and what I got was a solid, but I made it work. I used the whole bottle of Monoi Oil Vanilla! I ordered that, so it might be awhile before I make this again. It smells really good and works very well. When I got a pedicure this month and the lady doing my toes was putting stuff on my legs, she said my legs felt like baby legs! lol! I took it as a compliment. I think that is thanks to this scrub.


5. Gillette Venus & Olay Sugarberry Razor: I saw someone's blog and she was raving about this. I wanted to try a new razor and I decided to get this. It has moisture bars on it, so you don't need to use shaving cream. It works really well. It smells good too.


6. DIY Leave-In Conditioner Spray: This is another DIY by pinksofoxy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGFEemVRYnM. I dumped out my Frizz-Ease conditioner spray, so I could use the bottle. I didn't like it very much. I used the conditioner I have been using. I spray this on my hair when I get out of the shower and I think it works good. I do this once a week. It's a deeply moisturizing treatment for the hair.




7. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold: These are similar to MAC's paint pots. They are cream bases. If you put this on your eye and then a gold eye shadow, it will make the gold shadow even more pigmented. It also lasts a long time on the eye. This is a medium-dark gold. It is lighter on the skin and more gold than Maybelline Color Tattoo in Gold Shimmer. This is a true gold. It is shimmery. The shimmer doesn't really show on my swatch. It's a very beautiful color.



8. Elf Hypershine Gloss in Blossom: This is a light pink gloss with a hint of peach in it and very fine shimmers. It is inexpensive. It is only $1! It has lasted a long time, and I love this gloss. It is like a makeup staple. You know how people say something is wardrobe staple? That is what this is for your makeup collection.


9. Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask Dead Sea Minerals: This is actually a sample I got at Walmart. This is an amazing mask. I will buy the full size. It says it clarifies & renews skin. "This anti-stress mud mask, with Dead Sea Minerals, instantly absorbs excess oil while clarifying and purging clogged pores. Rinse away the mask to reveal smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin." It does what it claim to do. I heard ciaoobelllaxo talking about this as one of her favorite things. This was another product I had a hard time finding. At my Walmart there is a section at the end of one of the aisles that has a bunch of sample masks hanging. I was so excited to see this there. After that, I have since then seen a full size of this at Rite Aid. It looks funny when you have this on because it a bright turquoise color. (It's my favorite color, actually.) So you can scare people with it too, which is a bonus. xD


10. Boots No.7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion: I don't remember who was talking about this product. It might have been Lisa Eldridge. I just remember someone on Youtube turned me onto this product. I found it at Target. It is one of my all-time favorite highlighters. It is like a lotion and it has a pink tint. It gives a beautiful luminosity to the face. I use it to dupe a lot of highlighters.

Favorite Songs

I have a lot of favorite songs this month. I try to keep track of them, and not say the same song that I've already mentioned. The songs I've mentioned in previous months are still my favorite, these are the new songs or the old songs that I haven't mentioned yet. I like all types of genres and decades.

1. Lights by Ellie Goulding
2. Fly Over States by Jason Aldean
3. Love Story by Taylor Swift
4. You Belong With Me by Taylor Swift
5. Shackles by Mary Mary
6. Made to Love by Toby Mac
7. You are the Woman by Firefall
8. Feels Like Home by Linda Ronstadt
9. Long Cool Woman (In a Black Dress) by The Hollies
10. Applause by Lady Gaga
11. Home by Phil Phillips
12. Time of Your Life by Green Day
13. Feels Like Tonight by Chris Daughtry
14. I Heard It Through the Grapevine by Marvin Gaye
15. Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch by The Four Tops
16. Take Back the Night by Justin Timberlake
17. Every Breath You Take by The Police
18. Hello, My Name Is by Matthew West
19. Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns
20. You Never Let Go by Matt Redman
21. Words by Hawk Nelson

On the way to the beach my dad and I enjoyed listening to a CD I made that had songs from the 60's and 70's, old singer-songwriter type songs. I wanted something that we both would enjoy.
1. I Feel the Earth Move by Carole King
2. So Far Away by Carole King
3. Home Again by Carole King
4. You've Got A Friend by Carole King
5. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman by Carole King
6. Rainy Days and Mondays by The Carpenters
7. For All We Know by The Carpenters
8. Superstar by The Carpenters
9. We've Only Just Begun by The Carpenters
10. (They Long to Be) Close to You by The Carpenters
11. Ticket to Ride by The Carpenters
12. Hurting Each Other by The Carpenters
13. Top of the World by The Carpenters
14. The Wind by Cat Stevens
15. Fire and Rain by James Taylor
16. I Got a Name by Jim Croce
17. Operator (That's Not the Way It Feels) by Jim Croce
18. The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel
19. Scarborough Fair/ Canticle by Simon & Garfunkel
20. The Boxer by Simon & Garfunkel

I hope you enjoyed my favorites! Feel free to comment down below what your favorites were.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!