Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Empties!

These are products I've used up or hit pan on since my last empties post. Some of the products I didn't use up, I just didn't like it and was finished using it.


1. Differin Gel: I haven't been very faithful with using this. I'm supposed to use this every night, but at night time I'm very lazy about having a routine. This is supposed to help you not have acne, but with what I do already I haven't been having acne, so I haven't been using this. Then I found out it helps with wrinkles and eliminates acne scars! I have started using this again. Once I realized why my dermatologist prescribed this for me, I see why I need to use it. I put this all over my face at night, and then put CeraVe cream on top. You need a moisturizing cream after using this because it dries out the skin. It doesn't bother me, as long as I put on the cream afterwards. I haven't noticed it removing wrinkles or acne scars, but I will keep on using this. I repurchased this. I think it will take several months for me to notice any changes.


2. Freeman Facial Anti-Stress Mask Dead Sea Minerals: This clarifies and renews skin. This is what it says on the back, "This anti-stress mask, with Dead Sea Minerals, instantly absorbs excess oil while clarifying and purging clogged pores. Rinse away the mask to reveal smooth, radiant, healthy looking skin." This is a bright turquoise colored mask. It really dried up any oil on my face because my face was begging for moisturizer after I rinsed it off, but it didn't sting my skin at all. I think it does what it says it does about purging clogged pores. I've been noticing my pores a lot lately. I try to pat in my primer into my pores and stipple my foundation on to them too. I've been learning more about pores and how makeup works with the pores. So I want to make sure I'm keeping them clean too, and not just clogging them with makeup all the time. I think I would purchase this in the full tube. This is just another sample mask from Walmart. I used this once a week.


3. Banana Boat Sport Performance UVA/UVB Protection Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50: I love this stuff. It has no scent, and it protects my skin. I like to put it on my chest and arms. It is non greasy and water resistant. I repurchased this.


4. Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo Pure Clean: I really like this shampoo. It made my hair feel really clean when I used it. It smells like apples. It has no silicones, no parabens, no dye, and an acerola berry antioxidant. I still have other shampoos I need to finish, but once I finish them I think I'm going to repurchase this.


5. Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat: I usually use this as a base coat. It lasted a long time and I liked it. I don't think I'm going to repurchase it because I'm curious to try a different base coat. I didn't use all of this. The formula started to change, and it was hard to get at the bottom of the bottle. It looks weird on my nails now that it is almost empty. I think it is old.


6. Wet 'n Wild Lust Palette: I hit pan on the 4th color. I use it as a dupe for MAC Shroom. It's a good dupe for lots of colors. It's a skintone, shimmery color. It is also a dupe for Urban Decay's Virgin.


7. Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara: This didn't last very long. I won't repurchase it. I think either it went bad or I liked it at first and then realized it wasn't a very good mascara. I was using two mascaras, and I figure the other mascara was doing all the work.


8. Johnson & Johnson Reach Gum Care with fluoride Floss: I got this sample at the dentist. My gums are very sensitive and I need fluoride. The dentist is always telling me I need to use fluoride things, like mouth wash and floss. I like this floss because it is gentle on my gums and it is minty. I repurchased a full size.


9. L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base: This is a really good primer. It is expensive for a drugstore primer in my opinion. It's $9.99 if you get it at Target. It is only 0.5 fl. oz. But it smooths out the skin and works really well. I have other primers that I want to use up before buying a new one. I would repurchase this one.


10. Milani HD Advanced Concealer: I heard this was a dupe for the YSL Touche Eclat concealer. I don't know if that is true or not. I like how this looks, but it creases in my fine lines. I decided to stop using it. I'm not going to repurchase it.

I hope this post was helpful for you! What items have you finished? Will you repurchase them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!