Monday, September 30, 2013

September Favorites

1. Benefit They're Real Mascara


I have heard this talked about for so long. I didn't want to buy it because I knew it was a high end mascara and I like to buy the mascaras from the drugstore. Well, this month was my birthday and I got a birthday present from Sephora. They gave me this little sample mascara and a sample benefit highlighter. I understand now what all the hype was about. This is a really good mascara. I'm not going to buy the full size, but I enjoy this little sample.

2. Hard Candy Blotting Papers


I keep this in my beauty bag and take it to work with me everyday. During my break I blot my face with a tissue and put powder on. I have combination skin. Sometimes it is oily, sometimes it is dry, and sometimes in areas it is both. These are handy papers to have and I don't think they were expensive. I got them at Walmart.

3. Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector


When I was on Sephora's website shopping for my birthday presents, they let me pick out some samples. I chose this deluxe size sample primer. It lasted almost the whole month. I used up all of it. It is a good primer. Again, I wouldn't purchase it because it more expensive then I like to spend. I have other primers I need to finish, and when I get a primer next I will get one from the drugstore.

4. Stila In The Light Palette



This is something I got for my birthday. I love this palette! The eyeshadows are so pigmented and good quality. I had heard people talk about it on Youtube, so I have been curious about it. It has the eyeshadow "Kitten" which is also very popular. It is a beautiful shadow. I did a blog post about this, this month with different looks I found that I liked. I'm happy I got this. I also got Stila's In The Garden Palette, which I plan on doing a blog post about too.

5. Argan Oil and Coconut Oil



I got this tip from pinksofoxy http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9f9knI31hrUYBN8ey0m6Q She is someone I subscribe to on Youtube. She uses natural oils on her face, body, and hair. For her hair she puts 3 drops of coconut oil in her hand and 5 drops of argan oil and rubs her hands together and puts it on her hair, avoiding the roots. I've been doing this, this month and I think it is a good treatment. It helps my hair not be so frizzy. It also smells good. With the coconut oil it comes in a solid form so I put some in the microwave for 20 seconds and let it melt, then I use a dropper to put on my hand.

6. Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Conditioner


This is another thing inspired by pinksofoxy. She uses this in the shower. It smells so good. I happened to see this in the organic section at my local Fred Meyers. I remember pinksofoxy talk about it, so I decided to get it. It isn't expensive. There are no sulfates. It makes my hair feel so good! I love this stuff! It also makes my hair smell good. The conditioner makes my hair really silky.

7. Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer


I think I mentioned the original primer in a monthly favorites before. I like that one too. I wanted to try the other kinds of primer. There is a skin correcting one and a lumanizing one. This one is the skin correcting one. This is what the back of the tube says, "Perfecting primer evens out skin tone and creates a flawless, smooth finish to skin. Fills in fine lines, wrinkles, and pores." I used this after I finished with the Becca primer. I like this primer just as much as the Becca one. I don't see it even out my skin tone, but I do notice it makes a smooth finish on my skin for before I apply foundation. This reminds me of the original one. I can't really tell a difference. The lumanizing one I can tell is more shiny, so I have to be careful with that one so I don't make my skin look too oily.

8. Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink


I mentioned the Happy Booster Blush in Natural in another monthly favorites. I like this blush too. It is a cool pink, almost matte. I think I have warm coloring, and this looks good on me. When I want to wear a pink blush, I reach for this. It smells good too! I love the little hearts. Physicians Formula seems to always have the cutest packaging. It reminds me of Asian makeup because there are a lot of cute packaged makeup from Asia. I wish more companies had cute packaging in America. I have several blushes from this line. I think it's good quality.

9. Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset


This blush is so beautiful! I have mentioned in another monthly favorites the Sonia Kashuk blush in flushed. It is more of a pink. This is a coral. It is one of my all time favorite blushes. It is a great formula too. Sonia Kashuk can be found at Target. It is more on the expensive side, but it is worth it. At least for the blush. I think the brand gets mixed reviews.

10. DIY Makeup Brush Spot Cleaner


I have been using this brush cleaner I got at Fred Meyers for awhile, but I always run out of it and I feel like I could save money if I made my own. I looked it up on Youtube and I found this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5X27Yl1Oss. It is really easy to make you just need baby shampoo, a squirt bottle, and rubbing alcohol. Then the way I use it is I squirt some on a paper towel and clean my brushes with it after I'm done doing my makeup. This has come in handy for me, and it works really well. It disinfects and conditions the brushes.

11. ScentSationals Pumpkin Spice



Now that it is fall, I got some fall wax scents at Walmart. They are only $2! I fill my room with the pumpkin scent. Ohhhhhhh! It smells so wonderful! My mom wants to know what I'm baking. xD I actually don't like pie, but I love the smell of pumpkin pie. You only need a little piece of the wax and it will last for days!

Favorite Songs

Complicated by Avril Lavigne
Mine by Taylor Swift
Red by Taylor Swift
Rocket Man by Elton John
Time After Time by Cyndie Lauper
There's Always Something There To Remind Me by Naked Eyes
September by Earth, Wind and Fire
My Girl by The Temptations
Baby I Love Your Way by Peter Frampton
See You Again by Carrie Underwood
What About Now by Lonestar
Billy Jean by Michael Jackson
You're No Good by Linda Ronstadt
Since You've Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson
Love Somebody by Maroon 5
Sitting On the Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding
Call On Jesus by Nicole C. Mullen

These are songs I've added to my exercise playlist:

Run It! (feat. Juelz Santana) by Chris Brown
Without You (feat. Usher) by David Guetta & Usher
The Next Episode by Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog
Fergalicious (feat. Will.I.Am) by Fergie
Club Can't Handle Me (feat. David Guetta) by Flo Rida
Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet
Harden My Heart by Julianne Hough & Mary J. Blige
SexyBack (feat. Timbaland) by Justin Timberlake
Bad Romance by Lady GaGa
Paparazzi by Lady GaGa
Poker Face by Lady GaGa
Cherry, Cherry by Neil Diamond
Starships by Nicki Minaj
We Will Rock You by Queen

I hope you enjoyed my list of favorites! What are your favorites of the month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!