Thursday, September 19, 2013

Stila In The Light Palette Looks




For my birthday I got a gift certificate to Sephora and I got a couple of palettes, Stila In the Light Palette and Stila In the Garden Palette. I've seen it on Youtube and they both look like nice palettes. Stila in the Light has a shade called Kitten that I hear people talk about a lot. It is a really pretty color. I want to share with you the looks I have found that I liked. The palettes each come with a lookbook that has 6 looks. It also comes with the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel. It is a basic black liner. If you want to see some really good swatches go to this blog post: http://www.allurabeauty.com/2012/review-swatches-stila-in-the-light-naturaleyes-eye-shadow-palette/.

1. Purrfect Cat Eye by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bare from lash line to brow bone
b. apply kitten to the lid and blend
c. apply bliss to crease and outer corner of the eye
d. wet brush and apply ebony to lash line, carefully extending the line up past the eye
What I added:
e. Eye Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
f. Mascara: Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black
g. Under eye moisturizer: Olay Age Defying Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream
h. Primer: Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
i. Foundation: Boots No.7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Cool Ivory
j. Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Fair
k. Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
l. Blush: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink
m. Lip Gloss: NYX Lip Gloss in Beige
My Thoughts: I chose a pink blush and lip gloss because the eyes were warm toned. This is a simple, natural look.

2. Ombre Sultry Eye by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bare from lash line to brow bone
b. apply sandstone to the lid and blend
c. apply gilded gold to crease and diffuse
d. apply luster to lash line and blend upwards
What I added:
Same as above except for lips I wore Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched and L'Oreal Colour Riche Anti Feathering Lip Liner in All About Pink.
My Thoughts: The sandstone color is a dark brown, so this felt like a darker look than the first one. I like it.

3. Urban Gypsy by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bubbly to lid and blend
b. apply gilded gold to crease
c. apply sunset to lash line and blend
d. apply smudge stick waterproof eye liner in damsel to upper lash line and outside corner of bottom lash line
What I added: Same as above except for lips I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow.
My Thoughts: I really love these eye shadows. They go on really well and I like the colors.

4. Basic Beauty by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bare from lash line to brow bone
b. apply bliss to lid and crease
c. apply sandstone to lash line and lid, blending upwards
d. apply a thin layer of smudge stick waterproof eye liner in damsel to upper lash line
What I added: Same as above except for lips I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pinkissimo.
My Thoughts: This is again a natural look. This palette has a lot of natural colors. I don't really like the eye liner it comes with. It is hard for me to apply it.

5. Midnight Dream by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bare from crease to brow bone
b. wet brush & apply night sky to lid and blend upwards
c. apply smudge stick waterproof eye liner in damsel to lash line, carefully extending the line up a bit past the eye
What I added: Same as above except for blush I wore Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, and for lips I wore Buxom Lip Gloss in Creamsicle (something else I got for my birthday).
My Thoughts: This is a sparkly dark blue on the eyes. It's a smokey look. I wore peachy coral blush and lips to complement the cool toned eyes. I really like the lip gloss. It plumps up your lips and smells like vanilla.

6. Smoky Luster by the lookbook that comes with the palette
a. apply bliss to crease and blend upwards
b. apply luster to lid and blend into crease
c. apply night sky to lid
d. wet brush and apply ebony to upper and lower lash lines
What I added: Same as above except for blush I wore L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Blush in W1-2 Bare Honey, and for lips I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pango Peach.
My Thoughts: This is another dark look for the eyes. So you can do a natural eye look with this palette and a dark smokey eye. I'm surprised I liked all the looks in the lookbook. Next I want to try out some looks I found on Youtube.

These are the products I used for just about every look:

Eye Primer: Milani Eye Shadow Primer
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
Mascara: Benefit They're Real first and then Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black
Face Primer: Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Foundation: Boots No.7 Beautifully Matte Foundation in Cool Ivory
Concealer: Bare Minerals Well Rested
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched
Black Liner: Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder Matte in Matte Light
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude

7. Sultry Smokey Makeup Tutorial by Hayley Thompson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qu-igNxgnk
a. Concealer over eyelids
b. Stila In the Light Palette, Bliss, crease
c. Sunset, below Bliss in the crease
d. Bare, under brow, inner half of eyelid, tearduct
e. Sandstone, outer 1/3 of lid, outer crease, blend it out
f. Brown Eye Liner top lash line
g. Gilded Gold over liner
h. Mascara
i. Foundation
j. Concealer
k. Powder
l. Benefit Hoola Bronzer, forehead, cheeks, chin, nose, hollows of cheeks: A good dupe is NYC's Sunny Bronzer.
m. Estee Lauder Blush Pure Color in Witty Peach: I used Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset.
n. MAC Lip Liner in Subculture: I used Boots No.7 Lip Liner in Nude.
o. Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick in Nudist: I used NYX Xtreme Lip Creme in Natural.
p. High Tech Cosmetics Instant Volume Lip Gloss in Golden Peach: I used Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss in Puttin' on the Glitz.
My Thoughts: This is really pretty. The eyes and lips are natural and the cheeks are peach. This blush is one of my favorites.

8. Get Ready With Me: Stila in the Light Palette! by KathleenLights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvQTrLB-jRc
a. Lip Balm
b. Eye Primer
c. Stila in the Light Palette, Bliss, crease
d. Bubbly, eyelid
e. Glided Gold, outer v and into the crease
f. Sandstone, to make outer v darker and more intense
g. Black eye liner waterline, tight line
h. Bare as highlight under brow, inner corner
i. Sandstone, lower lash line
j. Bubbly to inner corners of lower lash line
k. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line
l. Mascara
m. Face Primer
n. Foundation
o. Concealer
p. Powder
q. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, jawline
r. Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzer in St. Lucia, blush
s. Wet 'n Wild Megashield Lipstick in Within These Adobe Walls
My Thoughts: This look really brings out the eyes. I also like the peachy pink lips and cheeks.

9. Get Ready With Me: Stila in the Light Palette by KathleenLights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR5H2cycPNY
a. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Pomegranate Punk, eyelid
b. Bliss, crease
c. Sunset, eyelid
d. Sandstone, outer v and crease
e. Anastasia Matte Highlighter, nude under eyebrow, inner corner: Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Oyster Glow
f. Bare underbrow
g. Kitten inner corner
h. Face Primer
i. Concealer
j. Powder
k. Brown Eye Liner, tight line, waterline
l. Sandstone, lower lash line, upper lash line
m. Bliss, lower lash line under sandstone
n. Mascara
o. Contour hollows of cheeks, temples, hairline, jawline
p. MAC Blush in Melba: Elf Candid Coral
q. Kitten top of cheekbone, nose, cupid's bow
r. MAC Lipstick in Hue: Maybelline Color Sensational Porcelains in Nude Nuances
s. MAC Fix Plus spray face: Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
My Thoughts: I like it. The eyes are dark, the cheeks are coral, and the lips are nude.

10. Pink Lemonade: Summer Makeup Tutorial by Elle Fowler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavbyCE00JA
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, cheekbones, temples
e. Estee Lauder Blush in Tease: I mixed L'Oreal True Match Superblendable Blush in C1-2 Baby Blossom and Covergirl Cheekers Blush in True Plum
f. MAC Paint Pot in Painterly: I used the Milani Eye Primer and Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
g. Kitten, eyelid
h. Bliss, crease
i. Tiny bit of Sunset, outer corner
j. Bare, browbone
k. Bubbly, lower lash line
l. 2 dark colors besides the light blue, upper lash line
m. Mascara
n. MAC Lip Pencil in Silly, fill in lips: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Pure
o. MAC Dazzleglass Lip Glass in If It's Pink: MyGlam Glam Gloss in 02
My Thoughts: The lips are a little bit bold for me. I don't know if I feel comfortable wearing them. I did this look before I think, but I duped the eye shadows because I didn't have the palette. I'll try to find the link for you. http://beautydiversion.blogspot.com/2013/06/summer-favorite-makeup-looks-part-2.html The look is pretty, I'm just weird about the lips.

11. Autumn Leaves Makeup Look Using My Stila In the Light Palette by claireheartsu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFrfPeoBGlw
a. Eye Primer
b. Bliss eyelid
c. Bare underbrow
d. Sunset eyelid
e. Blend it out
f. Sandstone crease
g. Sunset lower lash line
h. Sandstone outer corner of lower lash line
i. Kitten inner corner of eye, inner eyelid, inner lower lash line, brow highlight
j. Black Liquid Liner top lash line, wing
k. Nude Eye Liner in the waterline
l. Mascara
m. Face Primer
n. Foundation
o. Powder
p. Lip Balm
q. Elf Conditioning Balm in Nice and Natural: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée
r. MAC Mineralized Skin Finish (she doesn't say which one) top of cheekbones, nose: Elf Baked Blush in Pinktastic
s. The Body Shop in Coral Blush Baked to Last: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset
My Thoughts: This is a pretty look. I think it's good for any time of the year, not just Autumn.

I hope you enjoy these makeup looks and I hope they inspire you! This is a really pretty palette. I'm happy I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!