Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Summer Favorite Makeup Looks Part 2


Here is my favorite summer makeup looks part 2! I have a lot of looks to try out this summer. I'm so excited to be done with work and have a vacation. I look at that picture and I long to go to the beach. I should book a hotel pretty soon because before long places get booked up. I love the Oregon beach. I would live there if I could.

These are the products I used in most every look and/or if I didn't mentioned what I wore. I don't want to write the same thing for every look, that's why I just say it once. I include this list in case anyone wants recommendations on a product to try out.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes), Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light (pimples), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under eyes, and on eyes, as a highlighter)
Bronzer: MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (on top of The Rocket), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent, NYX Shine Killer, X Out Shine Control
Foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF 10 in Desert Beige, Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory (my skin has been getting more oily)
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light or Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent or Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Powder Foundation in Translucent Light (I keep this in my purse and use it with a sponge to touch up during the day if needed.)
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 in Quenched
Brown Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
Blotting Papers: Hard Candy Blotting Papers
White Eye Liner: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
Eyebrows: Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light

In my tutorial list I include what the makeup artist used, unless it is foundation or something that I feel like is personal preference. Then I say where they used it, unless it is personal preference. I like to say where they put highlighter and bronzer because sometimes I forget or I like different ideas. Then I list what I used to dupe the makeup. Sometimes I use what the makeup artist used, in that case I don't say anything. You will see I will usually use a cheaper product. Sometimes it's not an exact dupe, but it is a similar color. I try to use what is already in my makeup collection. You can have an idea of a cheaper alternative, if that is what you want or you can use what you have that is similar to the makeup artist or what I used.

1. Summer Rose Bridal Look by Lisa Eldridge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mbt-cxk6eag
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Daniel Sandler Watercolor Blush in Cherub: NYX Stick Blush in Tulip
d. Powder
e. Rimmel London Color Mousse 005 Glitz, eyelid: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze
f. Grey Eye Liner, upper lash line: Revlon Color Stay Eye Liner in Charcoal
g. Mascara
h. Lip Balm
i. L'Oreal Infallible Lip Liner 708 Always Toasted, fill in lips: Boots No.7 Lip Liner in Nude
j. Estee Lauder Double Wear Lipstick 03 Stay Pink Berry: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon
My Thoughts: I think it's good for a hot day because of the cream blush and eyeshadow. It is supposed to last longer that way. If I remember right, Lisa Eldridge used Revlon Pink in the Afternoon Lipstick when she did her Audrey Hepburn look. After seeing that tutorial I had to run out and buy it. It is now one of my favorite lipsticks. It is a pretty pink with yellow undertones.

2. Summer Full Face Tutorial by Melmphs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EBIQKDaXZI
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Under Eye Corrector, she put this in a triangle under the eyes: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener
d. Powder
e. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, hair line, sides of nose, chin, neck, jaw
f. Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Flushed, use with a stippling brush and pat it on
g. Elf Blush in Pink Passion
h. Wet 'n Wild Fergie in Center Stage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow, top of cheekbones, down the nose, brow bone, cupid's bow
i. Revlon Color Stay Palette in Attitude, lightest shade, browbone
j. Same Palette, bottom left color and upper right color, crease
k. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded, eyelid, inner corner
l. NYX Roll On Shimmer Eye Shadow in Salmon, eyelid, take an eye shadow brush and pat it in
m. Revlon Attitude Palette, bottom right color, outer v (may need to watch video)
n. Same Palette, bottom left and top right, blend it out and up, see video
o. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Horseradish, lower lash line: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald
p. Black Eye Liner, waterline, tightline
q. Wet 'n Wild Going in the Wild Palette, mint color, lower lash line
r. Brown Gel Liner, top lashes
s. Mascara
t. NYX Lip Liner in Sand Pink: NYX Lip Liner in Nude Pink
u. Wet 'n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Doll House Pink
v. Maybelline High Shine Lip Gloss in Punch of Pink: Wet 'n Wild Glassy Gloss Lip Gel in Through the Looking Glass
My Thoughts: I like how this was drugstore makeup. I had most of what she used. I watched the video and used the same brushes as her, but I didn't do the outer v part correctly. It looks too dark, and I am having trouble blending it out. Maybe it's because I'm wearing an eye primer and she's not. Also, she has a darker skin complexion than me. It looks like a lot of makeup. I'm not sure I like it yet. I'm afraid my face will melt off during the hot day. It is pretty. It's just a lot more makeup than I'm used to wearing. The darkest color went outside of the invisible line between the end of the eye and the end of the eyebrow, so I got some tissue and makeup remover and cleaned it up. Then I took a fluffy brush and blended out the sharp edge of the dark shadow.

3. e Glow Makeup Collab with BeautyMoxie by rachelectric http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oBWdmcsqm4
a. Foundation
b. Concealer (Maybelline Dream Lumi in my skin color), see video, triangles under eyes, forehead, nose, cupid's bow, chin. Then she blends it out with a beauty blender.
c. Bare Minerals Well Rested, she sets concealer: I skipped this step.
d. Powder
e. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, hair line, nose, jaw
f. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
g. Lorac Perfectly Lit Powder in Spotlight, top of cheekbones, down the nose, cupid's bow, forehead: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Bronzer in Reserve Your Cabana
h. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Eye Shadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze, eyelids, blend it out with finger
i. L'Oreal Color Riche in Brazen Bolds What Happens in Vegas, 2nd color to the bottom, crease: Wet 'n Wild Eye Shadow Trio in Flora, orange color
j. L'Oreal Infallible Endless Pearl, underbrow: Wet 'n Wild I Heart Matte Palette, beige color (It is also called "Drinking a Glass of Shine.")
k. L'Oreal What Happens in Vegas Palette, bottom color, outer crease: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th color
l. Same Palette, 2nd to bottom color, add more to the crease: Wet 'n Wild Flora, orange color
m. Same Palette, 2nd color from top, tear ducts: Sephora Cinderella Palette in A Wish
n. Brown Eye Liner, top and bottom lash lines
o. L'Oreal What Happens in Vegas Palette, bottom color, with a q-tip she blends out the bottom lash line: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th color
p. Mascara
q. Maybelline Color Whisper (I don't know the name of what she used.) It looks like a peachy pink color. I used Maybelline Color Whisper in Pinup Peach. This looks like the color she used.
My Thoughts: I really like this look. Peach lips and cheeks, and a brown eye. The orange in the crease makes it look summery. Her routine for the face really made my face look nice. I first used NYX Shine Killer to help with shine during the hot day. I have combination skin.

4. Drugstore Waterproof Makeup by Macbarbie07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm2tGpCkHQk
a. BB Cream
b. Waterproof Concealer
c. Powder
d. Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 2nd color, eyelid
e. Same Palette, 3rd color, crease
f. Same Palette, 4th color, outer lid close to upper lash line
g. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple, lower lash line
h. Mascara, only top lashes
i. NYX Cream Blush in Tickled: NYC Blushable Creme Stick in Plaza Pink
j. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Stain in Rendezvous
My Thoughts: I love how this is waterproof and I like the colors. I have almost all the products too. I used foundation instead of bb cream because it lasts longer and doesn't look shiny on me. The Maybelline Color Tattoo stayed and so did the Revlon Lip Stain, but not the Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows.

5. Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette Makeup Tutorial by gottalovemel105 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR08bm9C2kU
a. Eye Primer
b. MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, all over eye: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
c. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Cool Crush, eyelid, blend it out
d. Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette, David and Marg, eyelid, blend it out: Maybelline Eye Studio in Sea Sprite, 3rd color
e. Same Palette, Behind the Counter, crease: The Balm Nude'tude Palette in Sophisticated
f. Same Palette, Piano Keys, browbone, tearduct: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 1st color
g. Same Palette, 525 Market, outer v, outer crease, blend it out: Wet 'n Wild Sparkle Til Morning, 3rd shade
h. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
i. White Eye Liner, waterline
j. Brown Eye Liner, lower lash line
k. Urban Decay Hustle, lower lash line: Elf Day to Night, 2nd color
l. Mascara
m. Same Palette, Who's Your Poppy? Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
n. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, jaw, nose, temples
o. Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki, top of cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow
p. MAC Lipstick in Peachstock: Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Nude Delight
My Thoughts: The white in the waterline with the dark brown on the lower lash line is dramatic. It draws attention to the eyes, and makes them look bigger. I like the color of the blush with the color from Sea Sprite on the eyelid. I like the overall look. I hope it lasts in the heat. I touch up on break with blotting paper, powder, lip balm, and lipstick. The Rimmel Lipstick in Nude Delight is very pretty. It's the perfect nude lipstick for me.

6. Summer/Vacation Neutral Party Makeup! Complete Look by LoveMelisaMichelle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtcLqnOfze4
a. Lip Balm
b. Concealer, forehead, chin to highlight
c. Powder
d. Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Tan (like a foundation for her)
e. Curl Lashes
f. Eye Primer
g. Concealer on Eyelid
h. NYX Matte Eye Shadow in Maybe Later, crease: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
i. Lorac Pro Palette in Sable, outer half of crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 6th color
j. Same Palette, Espresso, outer corner, outer v, pencil brush: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th color
k. L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Strawberry Blonde, eyelid
l. Urban Decay Bootycall, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color
m. Black Liquid Liner, top lashes
n. Mascara
o. Lorac Pro Palette in Sable, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 6th color
p. Same Palette, Nude and Champagne, inner corner, highlight again: Wet 'n Wild Trio in Fauna, browbone color, and Hard Candy Baked Eye Shadow in High Maintenance, lighter color
q. Nude Liner, waterline
r. NYX Blush in Peach: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
s. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, forehead, jaw, sides of nose
t. Laura Geller Balance and Brighten in Portofino, top of cheekbones, nose: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection in Rose Champagne Glow Shimmer Palette
u. Urban Decay, Virgin, under brow: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 1st color
v. Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
w. NYX Butter Gloss in Merengue: Elf Shimmer Gloss in Very Berry
My Thoughts: There are a lot of steps, but it is all easy to do. Don't be overwhelmed! It's a lot of products in the inner corner! My favorite highlight for the inner corner was Hard Candy's High Maintenance. I prefer to put just one shadow in the inner corner. This is my first time using the Elf Shimmer Gloss. I love it! It smells so good, like fruit. It is also very beautiful. I got it in a pack of four at either Walgreens or Big Lots (I don't remember). I remember it was a good deal. It came with Very Berry, Pink Princess, Citrus Chic, and Ruby Red. I really like this look. It is the perfect summer face. The pink eye shadow is beautiful. I didn't know how I would like it, but it goes really nicely with the brown shadows. I didn't know if the look would be good on me because Melissa Michelle (the girl making the video) has completely different coloring than me. She is very tan with black hair and brown eyes. But the look looks good on me too, so I'm really pleased.

7. Pink Lemonade: Summer Makeup Tutorial MakeupMAYhem Day 12 by AllThatGlitters21 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BavbyCE00JA
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, cheekbones, temples
e. Estee Lauder Jelly Blush in Tease Illuminating Powder Gelee Blush: NYC Color Wheel in Pink Cheek Glow
f. MAC Painterly Paint Pot: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadow in Not Just Nudes
g. Stila in the Light Palette, Kitten, eyelid: L'Oreal Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadow in Iced Latte
h. Same Palette, Bliss, outer corner, crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color
i. Same Palette, Sunset, outer corner, just a little bit: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 2nd color
j. Same Palette, Bare, highlight under brows: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
k. Same Palette, Bubbly, lower lash line: Elf Beauty Book Bright Eye Edition, 3rd row, 1st shade
l. Same Palette, 2 dark brown colors to the left of the blue color, upper lash line: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, top row, 3rd color with Wet 'n Wild Shimmer the Night Away, 3rd color
m. Mascara
n. MAC Lip Pencil in Silly, line and fill in lips: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Pure
o. MAC Dazzleglass Creme in If It's Pink: Myglam Glam Gloss in 02
My Thoughts: When I did the upper lash line colors, I first took a deep gray color and lined my top lash line, then I tried to take a gold color and go over the line, but it didn't show up that well. It still looks good with just the dark gray. I didn't have a dark gray with gold in it. This look is really pretty. It looks like a summery look to me. The lips are bold, but I think it looks ok on me. I used the Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit in Light for the first time. I used a light hand because I didn't want to make a mistake on my brows. I tried to make it look natural. I used the angled brush that comes in the kit.

8. Dreamy Summer by bubzbeauty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=323Y7dAo9bQ
a. Concealer
b. CC Cream
c. Powder
d. Eye Primer
e. Reddish Brown, Max Factor Trio Eye Shadow 02, eyelid: Sephora Cinderella Palette in Chateau
f. Urban Decay Virgin, under brow: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color
g. Black Eye Liner, make dots along upper lash line, smudge it out
h. Black Eye Liner, tight line, waterline
i. Brown Eye Liner, lower lash line, smudge it out
j. Gold Eyeshadow in tearducts, lower lash line part: Maybelline Enchanted Forest, gold color
k. Mascara
l. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks up and backward to hair line, jawline, temples
m. Line and Fill in lips with a natural shade lip liner: Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses in Spice
n. Dior Addict Lipstick in Tokyo: Maybelline Color Whisper in Pinup Peach
My Thoughts: I like the look, except she doesn't say what blush she uses or maybe she didn't wear any blush. I'm going to wear Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso.

9. Too Faced Cosmetics Purple Makeup Tutorial by gottalovemel105 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h837nPCT7Cw
a. Eye Primer, and put it on the lower lash line too
b. MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot, lashes to brow: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
c. Too Faced Loves Sephora 15 Years of Beauty Palette, Soho, inner half of eyelid: Elf 100 Eye Shadows Palette, 6th row, 8th column color
d. Same Palette, 1998, outer half of lid: Wet 'n Wild Shimmer the Night Away, 6th and 7th color mixed
e. Blend it out in the crease
f. Same Palette, Envy, crease: Wet 'n Wild Petal Pusher, 4th color
g. Same Palette, Behind the Counter, to blend out harsh purple line in the crease: The Balm Nude'tude in Sophisticated (I recommend skipping this step.)
h. Same Palette, Piano Keys, highlight on brow bone: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 1st color
i. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
j. Nude Eye Liner, waterline
k. Maybelline Khaki Eye Pencil, lower lash line, smudge it out: Pixiglow Straight On Til Morning Liner in 2nd Star Twinkle
l. Urban Decay Darkhorse, lower lash line: L'Oreal HIP Duo in Dynamic, right color
m. Mascara
n. Same Palette, Piano Keys, tear duct: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 1st color
o. Bronzer, hair line, hollows of cheeks, jaw, nose
p. Same Palette, Who's Your Poppy? (blush that comes in palette): Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
q. Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki, sides of eyes, top of cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow
r. Maybelline Porcelain Pink Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting (I don't recommend this lip butter. It looks like a lip balm.)
My Thoughts: I would skip the Nude'tude Sophisticated in the crease. I feel like I ruined the look by doing this. It looks better with just purples. Blend out the purple in the crease with just a clean brush. Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting looks like lip balm on my lips. It's not a good dupe for her lipstick. Overall, I think this look is so pretty. I love the purple on the eyes and peach on the cheek. The eyes really stand out. Since the days are hotter, my face has gotten more oily, so I am having to switch foundations. My foundation I'm using now is Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory. It is weird because not too long ago I was using Revlon Colorstay for Normal/Dry Skin because my skin couldn't even tolerate the other foundation on. My skin is definitely a combination. It needs to make up it's mind!

10. Fresh Summer Makeup Tutorial by amarixe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7c6gHRVjMI
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Dior Nude Tan Paradise Duo in Coral Glow, contour, temples, jaw: I used my bronzer.
e. Same Palette, mix together as a blush: Hard Candy Fox in a Box in Hot Flash mixed with Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset (use a stippling brush!)
f. Dior Shimmer Powder in Amber Diamond, eyelid: L'Oreal 24 HR Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush
g. Same Palette, light iridescent white, tearduct, brow bone: Elf Brightening Eye Color in Ethereal, 1st color
h. Mascara
i. Dior Amber Diamond highlight top of cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow: Elf Golden Bronzer, lightest box
j. Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
My Thoughts: If I could do it over again, I would have used a stippling brush for the blush. I put way too much on. This look has orange tones for the eyes, cheeks, and lips. It looks really summery. I think it is pretty for a redhead. I'm loving it. I feel like a beautiful peach! xD

 If you try out a look, please leave a comment below! I would love to get some feedback on what you think of the looks I like. Did you like them? Did they look good on you? What is your favorite summer look? I love getting comments! I hope you are having a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!