Warm Bodies: I rented this movie this month. It is such a great movie! It is about a zombie and a girl who fall in love. It's sort of like Romeo and Juliet. The zombie's name is R and the girl's name is Julie. He rescues her from other zombies, and they become friends. The apocalypse has taken place, and some people have turned into zombies. The city is walled off to protect the people that aren't infected. Julie's Dad is in charge of the war against the zombies. It's a really sweet story. It's funny too.
Favorite TV Shows
1. The Real Housewives of New Jersey: I find it fascinating to watch these types of shows. I get interested in the conflicts these women have, and I'm interested in analyzing each person's personality.
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire: This book is such a great read! I highly recommend it! It tells the story of Cinderella from the point of one of the stepsisters. You hear her side of the story. It is more realistic than the fairy tale version. It is really well written. This is the first book by Gregory Maguire I have read. I plan on reading more of his books. He also wrote Wicked that was made into a famous musical.
Favorite Nail Polishes
1. Essie Nail Lacquer In the Cab-ana (from 2013 Resort Collection)
2. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Nail Color in Frosted Over (from the Toppings Collection): These look like lollypops. I have a hard time describing this nail polish. This is a good description I found from this blog: http://xmakeupismyhobbyx.blogspot.com/2013/02/wet-n-wild-coloricon-toppings-collection.html
It "contains fine gold glitter and small multi colored hex-shaped glitter. Frosted has a prominent aqua iridescence. It also has slight duo chrome finish to pink/red. It's a possibility that Frosted may contain a duo chrome finish, but I'm not 100% sure. You have to really look at this shade to see the shift." I think I chose Frosted out of all of them because it had more of an aqua color, and that is my favorite color. I think this looks pretty in the sunlight. I like the way it looks on top of Essie's In the Cab-ana.
3. Essie Nail Lacquer in Cute as a Button
4. L'Oreal Nail Color in Creme Puffs
5. Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet: I love this color. I've been into pastel colors recently.
6. L'Oreal Nail Color in Lacy Lilac
Dole 100% Juice in Pineapple Orange Banana: I have been craving pineapple lately. This is a good combination of flavors. It's very refreshing.
Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture: I don't remember when, maybe last Christmas I got a box of sample perfumes from Sephora. It comes with a voucher, so you can get one of the perfume samples in full size for free! It's a really great present. My favorite of all the perfumes was Viva La Juicy. I have never featured this perfume before on my blog. I just wanted to talk about it because it is still one of my all time favorite perfumes. I have a lot of samples of perfume, and I like a lot of them, but Viva La Juicy is just so beautiful. I feel good wearing it. I highly recommend it. Sephora says the notes are wild berries, mandarins, honeysuckle, gardenia, jasmine, amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood, and praline. The style according to Sephora is "tantalizing, teasing, and tempting." I don't know if that's how I would describe it. It feels really girly and fruity to me. It is a good summertime fragrance.
Scented Wax Warmer
I heard about this on Youtube and I thought it sounded interesting. I've said before that I'm afraid of candles, but this didn't seem scary to me. There is a lightbulb inside of the warmer and you put a cube of wax on the plate. All you have to do is plug it in and turn it on. It makes your house smell lovely! My bedroom is upstairs and the scent carries all the way down to the bottom level! There are so many wax warmers to choose from. I got mine at Walmart. I think they come out with special ones for the holidays. They had one that looked like a book that said "Imagine, Dream, Believe". I got the one called, "Antique Finish." I thought it looked pretty. There were so many to choose from!
From left to right: Better Homes and Gardens Scented Wax Cubes in French Lilac Flowers and ScentSationals in Cupcake
These are the two different cubes I've tried so far, and they smell so good! They are only $2. You get six wax cubes. You can reuse the wax too. At first I used the cupcake smell and it made me crave cupcakes so bad! Lately, I've been using the lilac one and it smells so good. It's a very relaxing smell to me.
1. Elf Makeup Palettes: These are just a few I own. If you want to play around with color, I recommend getting an Elf Palette. They are really cheap, and they have good color pay off. Not all of the shadows do, but some of them do. It's sort of a hit and miss. I don't include these in monthly favorites because I don't use them enough compared to the other products that I end up featuring, but I thought it was worth a mention. Elf's website has 50% off deals, TJ Max, and Big Lots will sell the big palettes on sale too. I got the Elf 100 Eyeshadow Palette for only $10. The Elf Beauty Book Bright Eye Edition was $4.99 at Big Lots. I think I got the Elf Beauty Clutch from Big Lots too. You can get the Elf Beach Book for $3 on their website right now. I got the day palette, which comes with eyeshadows, lip colors, blushes, and bronzers. It's a really cool palette. I got it for $6 at Target.
2. Covergirl Lash Perfection Mascara in Very Black: I saw ciaoobelllaxo (a Youtuber I subscribe to) use this on top of her regular mascara. Her lashes look amazing. I decided to get it and try it out on top of Maybelline The Rocket Mascara. It makes me look like I have more lashes, and it is like hair spray. It makes my lashes stand straight up! It really holds the curl.
3. The Tangle Teaser: My hair gets tangled, and I have heard about the Tangle Teaser. I wanted something that untangles my hair, but doesn't rip my hair out, especially when I'm brushing it wet. I got this from Sally's Beauty Supply Store. It really works! I'm really happy with it.
4. Sally Hansen Creme Hair Remover Duo Kit for Face: This comes with a hair remover cream that you put above your lip and chin. I let it set for 8 minutes. Then you wipe it off with a warm wash cloth. Then it has a moisturizing lotion you put on after that. It doesn't hurt and it removes your facial hair. This is really easy to use.
5. Earth Therapeutics Loofah Exfoliating Scrub in Oatmeal & Honey: I exfoliate my skin once a week. This stuff smells really good. It isn't harsh.
6. Kleancolor Wizard Pads Nail Polish Remover Pads + Cuticle Oil: I got these from Plato's Closet. They were only $1.25. They come with 32 pads. I thought these would be good because it also has cuticle oil. I love these! And these are good at removing nail polish!
7. Body Fantasies Fragrance Body Spray in Cotton Candy: I heard about this from sparklyblonde1 (a Youtuber I subscribe to). She mentions this a lot in her videos, and how much she loves it. It isn't expensive. I got it at Walgreens. It only costs $7.79. You get a big bottle. This smells just like cotton candy! It is refreshing to spray on, which is nice on a hot day. This stuff makes you feel happy! I guess because it makes you remember your childhood having fun at a fair. I'm not sure.
8. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal with Argan Oil: I got my hair trimmed this month and the hair stylist used this on my hair after she blow dried it and then after she straightened it. It helps smooth hair and tame frizz. I got this at Super Cut.
9. Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched SPF 20: I heard people raving about Baby Lips, but I felt like it was just a trendy thing. The packaging looks really cute, so I was drawn to it, but I didn't get it. Finally, this month I caved it and got it to see what all the hype was about. I really like it! It does moisturize my lips and I like how it has SPF 20 in it. I have been wearing this every day this month.
10. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown: This is a great eye liner.
11. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude: This is great for the waterline. I was using the Pixi liner, which I still like, but this Rimmel one is more affordable.
12. Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light: This is a dupe for my Mac contouring powder! I hope they make these permanent. I'm not sure if they are. It is great to find a drugstore matte bronzer for light skin. I use this to contour with and give a healthy glow to my face.
13. Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals Palette: I love this palette! I mentioned this in my 2012 favorites. It has actually never made it to a monthly favorite. I don't know why. I use this every month and I love it. It is an inexpensive palette you can get at the drugstore. It has beautiful colors.
I have so many songs I like, and it is hard for me to narrow them down to just one or two. I've been keeping track of the songs I like listening to on the radio and the ones I've bought from iTunes. This is the long list of songs:
1. Addison Road - Hope Now
2. Adele - Set Fire to the Rain
3. Aerosmith - Dream On
4. Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
5. Ariana Grande - The Way (feat. Mac Miller)
6. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
7. Big Daddy Weave - Redeemed
8. Billy Idol - Mony Mony
9. Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young
10. Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
11. Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie
12. Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man
13. Carrie Underwood - Good Girl
14. Casting Crowns - My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives
15. Carly Simon - That's the Way I've Always Heard It Should Be
16. Carly Simon - You're So Vain
17. Chris Daughtry - Home
18. Chris Tomlin - Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)
19. Coldplay - When I Ruled the World
20. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Teach Your Children
21. Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
22. Daft Punk - Get Lucky (ft. Pharrell)
23. Demi Lovato - Give Your Heart A Break
24. Duffy - Mercy
25. Electric Light Orchestra - Evil Woman
26. Elton John - Levon
27. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams
28. Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
29. Flo Rida - Wild Ones
30. Francesca Battistelli - Free To Be Me
31. Grace Potter & The Nocturnals - Paris (Ooh-La La)
32. Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman
33. Heart - Alone
34. Heart - Straight On
35. Heart - These Dreams
36. Jeremy Camp - Take You Back
37. Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - I Love Rock 'n' Roll
38. Journey - Who's Crying Now
39. KC & The Sunshine Band - That's the Way (I Like It)
40. Kings of Leon - Use Somebody
41. Kool & The Gang - Celebration
42. Kutless - We Fall Down
43. Lady Antebellum - Need You Now
44. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (feat. Ray Dalton)
45. Madonna - Holiday
46. Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
47. Maroon 5 - One More Night
48. Matt Redman - 10,000 Reasons
49. Michael W. Smith - Place In This World
50. Natalie Grant - Live for Today
51. Newsboys - God's Not Dead
52. Newsboys - Your Love Never Fails
53. Nichole Nordeman - Holy
54. Nicole C. Mullins - My Redeemer Lives
55. Prince - Kiss
56. Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
57. Queen - We Are The Champions
58. Rascal Flatts - My Wish
59. Robin Thicke - Blurred Lines (ft. T.I. and Pharrell)
60. Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
61. Smashing Pumpkins - 1979
62. Steely Dan - Do It Again
63. The Human League - Don't You Want Me
64. The Mama's & The Papas - California Dreamin'
65. The Monkees - I'm A Believer
66. War - Low Rider
67. Wild Cherry - Play That Funky Music White Boy
I have so many songs. Whew! But I want to list them because I think songs are beautiful and they are my favorite. I'll try not to list repeat songs. So if any of these songs you don't know, you should give them a listen, you might find a new song you like.
I hope you enjoy my favorites for June! What was your favorite thing?