Tuesday, July 2, 2013

July Empties!

So I know July just started, but I have been collecting 10 products for my next empties post and today I reached the 10th product. It just happens to be the beginning of July. Two of the products I hit pan on, but I wanted to include them before I used them all up. And one of the products is a sample size that I didn't use up because I didn't like it. I wanted to include it, so I would remember not to repurchase it.


1. Secret Invisible Solid pH Balanced in Clean Lavender Scent: I love this scent! The solid deodorant is my favorite kind. The clear kind doesn't work for me. I don't know why. I like getting different scents, rather than the same boring ones. I found two together on sale at Walmart, so I did repurchase this.


2. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 in Shell: I loved this foundation. This is the old formula. It kept my skin from looking shiny. It's good for oily skin. It has full coverage. I tried to repurchase this, but they changed the formula! It isn't as matte as it used to be. I'm not happy with the new formula. I got a sample from the counter. Also, the color names are all different, so I had to be rematched. The lady didn't do a good job and gave me a foundation that was too dark for me. That's disappointing because now I have to find a new foundation.


3. Aveeno Smart Essentials Daily Nourishing Moisturizer SPF 30: This stuff lasts a long time. I love this! I have several backups in case I run out. It has UVA/UVB protection. It is oil-free, hypoallergenic, and noncomedogenic. It has an antioxidant called southernwood extract. So, it seems like it's really good for the skin, and I've been using it for a long time. My skin looks and feels good. I also like the way it smells.


4. Victoria Secret Body Wash in Such A Flirt: This is a sweet smelling body wash. There wasn't very much in the container though. It is only 8.4 oz. It costs $10. I feel like you can get better deals at the drugstore, and body washes that are better quantity and quality. I don't think I'm going to repurchase this. I already have body washes I need to use before I buy a new one. The packaging is really pretty. That is the thing that sold me. I think Victoria Secret products are so pretty. It didn't last very long though.


5. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light: I hit pan. I love this stuff. It gives a matte finish like it says. I like that it is compact rather than loose powder. I would repurchase this when I am out.


6. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Transparent: I hit pan on this too. I also love this powder. It gives a matte finish like the name says. I go back and forth between these two powders. I'm not sure which one I like better. I would repurchase this.


7. Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Mascara Waterproof in Very Black: I loved this mascara! It gave my lashes volume. I would repurchase this. I recommend it. I didn't repurchase it because I like to try out new mascaras. I have heard people say the regular kind is better than the waterproof kind. I haven't tried the regular kind. I prefer to use waterproof mascaras because they hold the curl better and they don't smudge.


8. Freeman Facial Clay Mask Avocado & Oatmeal: On the front it says it deep cleans & purifies pores. On the back it says, "Rich clays dive deep to purge dirt and oils from pores. Nutrient-rich Vitamin E, Avocado and Oatmeal moisturize for lasting skin softness. Skin looks and feels squeaky clean and is soft to the touch. Perfect for normal to combination skin." I agree with everything it says. I would buy the regular container. This was just a sample. I got a bunch of Freeman samples for my mom (and me) on Mother's Day. So you can expect to see them in future empties posts.


9. Freeman Facial Clay Mask Mint & Lemon: On the front it says it is deep pore cleansing. This is for people with oily skin. I have combination skin, and it has been oily lately. This left my skin feeling really dry. The sides of my nose stung! I only used this once. It was too intense for my skin. I'm not going to buy this again.


10. Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline Perfume: I got this little perfume sample I think from a Birchbox. The scent is just ok to me. It is a little too "spicy" (if that makes any sense). I wouldn't purchase it. Sephora says the notes are "bamboo, nashi, lotus flower, and balsa wood." They say the style is "airy, radiant, and feminine." It doesn't smell airy to me. It is more of a heavy smell. I wouldn't describe it as being radiant or feminine either. It smells sort of woodsy to me. It's not a horrible smell. I just prefer other perfumes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!