Monday, July 15, 2013

Pretty Makeup Looks 2013


I was looking at my blog for this year and I noticed I haven't done any "pretty makeup looks" this year. These are the looks that I like, but I'm not exactly sure how to categorize them, except that they are pretty looks. I have a long list of these looks because I haven't been doing them. There will probably be more of them to come. I find most of the looks on Youtube, but sometimes I see blog posts that have looks I want to try to do. I hope you like these looks!

These are the products I've been using a lot:

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes), Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Fair (under eyes), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Fair (under eyes)
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (top and bottom lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (2nd coat on top lashes), Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Brown Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Brown
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent, Milk of Magnesia
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched, VS Pro Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm
Setting Spray: Elf Makeup Mist & Set
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Brown Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
Black Gel Liner: Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris

These are the 10 Pretty Looks:

1. Elf Beach Beauty Palette Review by Emilynoel83 http://www.beautybroadcast.net/2013/06/elf-beauty-beauty-palette-review.html
This is using the Elf Beach Beauty Palette (the day one).
a. Mix of the pink and peach blushes
b. Matte bronzer for contour
c. Rose Gold and Coppery lip shades in the center of the bottom row of lip colors
d. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Icy Mint, eyelid
e. Pat the mint green shadow on the inner half of the lid, top right eyeshadow in palette
f. Shimmery brown on the outer half of the lid and in the crease, 2nd column, third shadow down
g. Smudge the brown on the lower lash line
h. Just above the crease blend out the brown with the gold color, second column, third shadow down
i. Highlight under brow with the peach shade, first column, third shadow down
j. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line
k. Dark Green over the border of the liner, third column, bottom shadow
My Thoughts: The blush is very pigmented. I recommend using a stippling brush. The blush and lip color are pretty. The shadows are really pigmented. I'm surprised at how great of quality the makeup is! Don't forget mascara. This is a really pretty look. She wanted the eyes to look like the beach. I think she did a good job with that. The rest of the face looks natural and pretty. I also sprayed my face with Elf Makeup Mist & Set.

2. Korean Natural Makeup by bubzbeauty http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNiPFu_C7q4
a. Brush lips with toothbrush (to exfoliate)
b. Lip Balm
c. Face Primer
d. Foundation
e. Darker foundation for contour, jawline, hairline: I just used my bronzer.
f. Illuminating concealer, under eyes, on eyelids, down nose, use a fluffy brush to blend in concealer
g. Powder
h. Shu Uemura Cream Eyeshadow in P-Pink, eyelids: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk
i. Brown Gel Liner, tightline
j. Mascara on top lashes
k. Put a second coat of mascara only on the edges of lashes, to make the eyes look larger
l. Highlight on nose and above eyebrows, cheekbones, temples, smile and put the highlight under your eyes where they puff up, She used Laneige Fresh Modernist Blush Palette: I used Physicians Formula Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl
m. Mascara on bottom lashes
n. Apply a warm blush. She used MAC Blush in Peaches: I used Elf Blush in Peachy Keen.
o. Apply lip tint. She used Etude House Kissful Tint Chou (4): I used Pixiglow Magic Tink Tint in Happy Thoughts Pink
My Thoughts: You don't have to be Korean to wear this makeup look. Anybody can wear this look to get a pretty, natural look. I had a problem with my makeup for this, but this is probably just a personal skin problem. I put eye primer on before the concealer, and I think that wasn't a good idea because my concealer was patchy on my eyelids. I also think it might have been because my concealer wasn't moisturizing enough around my nose and eyes. Maybe I should have put an eye cream on first. It tickles to put the gel eyeliner on the tight line, but it looks natural and makes your lashes look fuller without looking like you even have eyeliner on. I think the pink color looks good with my hazel eyes. I've said that before. I heard somewhere that pink is good if you have hazel eyes. Bubz has brown eyes and it looked pretty on her too. Peachy Keen is one of my favorite blushes. This is a pretty look.

3. My Everyday Makeup Routine by zoella280390 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrOAVLICvhw
a. Concealer
b. Foundation
c. Lip Balm
d. Powder
e. Eye Primer
f. Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow Duo in Raisins, left side all over lids: Wet 'n Wild The Gilded Age, Browbone color
g. Same Palette, right side, crease, outer corner of lid: Elf Baked Eyeshadow in Burnt Plum
h. Same Palette, right side, outer part of lower lash line, stop in the middle
i. Same Palette, left side, inner part of lower lash line
j. Brown Eye Liner, upper lash line, slight flick, outer part of lower lash line
k. Go over liner with a smudger brush. (I used Elf Smudger Brush.)
l. Mascara
m. Powder
n. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, up side of face to sides of eyes
o. Estee Lauder Illuminating Powder Gelee Blush in Tease: I mixed two blushes together. L'Oreal True Match Superblendable Blush in Baby Blossom C1, Covergirl Cheekers Blush in True Plum
p. Bronzer on cheeks, temples, forehead, jaw, down the neck, tip of nose: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection in Rose Golden Goddess
q. MAC Vanilla Pigment, fluffy blending brush, browbone, down the inner crease and into the inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color
r. YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick #13 Peach Passion: Rimmel Lipstick in Crush
My Thoughts: I couldn't believe that this was her first makeup tutorial on Youtube! So I looked at all of her videos and sure enough she has never done one before. People have always asked her too, but she didn't want to for some reason. Maybe she was nervous. She has videos of her favorite makeup and fashion. She also has funny videos with her friends, but never a tutorial. I think she did an amazing job! I love this look! I hope she does more. She's a really pretty girl. I love her sense of style. The colors all go well together. I think this would look good on a lot of different skin tones and eye colors.

4. Get Ready With Me, The Balm, Dior, etc by essiebutton http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxjPJZfamE
a. BB Cream
b. Concealer
c. BB Eye Cream
d. Powder
e. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples
f. The Balm Frat Boy Blush: The Balm Rockstar Palette in Don't You Want Me?
g. The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer, top of cheekbones, sides of eyes
h. MAC Painterly Paint Pot: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
i. The Balm Nude'tude Palette, Standoffish, eyelid
j. Same Palette, Selfish, crease
k. Blend it out.
l. Same Palette, Sassy, tiny bit on brow bone, inner corner
m. Same Palette, Sultry, upper lash line
n. Mascara
o. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop
My Thoughts: I got to borrow my mom's Dior BB Cream and BB Eye Cream for this look! I didn't see a difference between this and the drugstore BB cream I normally wear. The BB Eye Cream seemed like my under eye concealer. This look is really pretty. I love Standoffish. I tried a new mascara, Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black. It is a really good mascara.

5. Bridal Makeup Tutorial by Lauren Curtis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwxFolL9nxE
a. Moisturizer
b. Primer
c. Foundation
d. Concealer, down the nose as a highlight
e. Powder
f. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples
g. Bobbi Brown Blush in Nectar: Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Pink Sorbet
h. MAC Soft and Gentle, cheekbones, nose, middle of forehead, cupid's bow: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip
i. MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
j. Urban Decay Naked, crease, base of eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color
k. MAC Woodwinked, eyelid, crease: left color in L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic
l. Urban Decay Foxy, browbone highlight: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 1st color
m. Urban Decay Blackout, upper lash line: Wet 'n Wild Greed, 3rd color
n. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, outer portion of lower lash line
o. Mascara
p. MAC Angel Lipstick: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
My Thoughts: Pink Sorbet is a pretty blush color. I like bridal looks because they are usually natural and pretty.

6. Bohemian Makeup Tutorial + Outfit: Exotic Kaftan by ChloeMorello http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvwnvat-lY
a. Foundation
b. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, sides of eyes, temples
c. Inglot Eyeshadow 337, outer corner of lids, crease: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
d. MAC Darling Coquette Pigment, eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Sparkle Til Morning, 5th color
e. Inglot Eyeshadow 327, outer v, lower lash line: The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette in Sleek
f. Brown Eyeliner, waterline, tightline
g. Mascara
h. MAC Blush in Pink Swoon: Sonia Kashuk Blush in Flushed
i. Australis Lipstick in Preppy: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Fruit Punch
My Thoughts: The eyes look natural and pretty. I love this blush. I'm not sure if I like this lip color on me, but overall I think it's a pretty look. I like natural looks.

7. Top 10 Under $10 Beauty Tag - with EmilyNoel83 by DivaMakeupQueen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5yti557zUA
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, sides of eyes, jaw, temples
e. Elf Blush in Peachy Keen
f. Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 2nd color, eyelid
g. Same Palette, 3rd color, crease
h. Same Palette, 1st color, under brows
i. Brown Liquid Liner, top lash line
j. Mascara
k. Milani Color Statement Lipstick in Nude Creme
My Thoughts: This is another pretty, natural look. I have almost all the products she used, and they are very inexpensive products. One of my favorite eye shadows is the 2nd color in the Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone. It is like a rose gold color.

8. Get Ready With Me. Everyday Hair and Makeup by froufrou412 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX_D3BnO6QY
a. Foundation
b. Concealer, triangles under eyes, down the nose, v on forehead, blend it out
c. Eyeshadow Primer
d. Face Powder for eye shadow, lashes to brow
e. NYX Nude Matte Shadow in Dance the Tides, crease: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
f. Matte Dark Brown, crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
g. MAC Carbon, crease: Wet 'n Wild Greed, 3rd color
h. NYX Dance the Tides, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
i. Black Eyeliner, waterline
j. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing (I didn't do a wing.)
k. Mascara
l. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, hair line, jaw
m. NYX Blush in Cinnamon: Milani Baked Blush in Coralina and Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
n. Use any highlighter, top of cheekbones: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
o. Lancome Lipstick in Rich Cashmere: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée
My Thoughts: The eyes are brown and smokey. The cheeks are naturally flushed. I used a stippling brush because the blush is pigmented. My lips are nude and glossy. This is a pretty and easy look.

9. Affordable & Appropriate Early Teen Makeup! by ciaoobellaxo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy9SboQhLow
a. Moisturizer
b. Concealer, and on eyelids
c. Powder
d. NYX Blush in Peach: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
e. Eye Primer
f. NYX Nude on Nude Palette, light champagne color, eyelid: Covergirl Champagne
g. Same Palette, light brown matte, crease: Wet 'n Wild 8-Pan Medley (gold is first color), 7th color
h. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line
i. Mascara
j. NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie: NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Nude Peach
My Thoughts: The blush really does look like a flush on your cheeks. I know this says it's for early teens, but I liked the look so who cares I'm in my 30's! xD

10. Get Ready With Me! Bedroom Eyes! Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette! by TheBubbleGumPrincess  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oC9bkHLgaY
a. BB Cream (I skipped this step.)
b. Foundation
c. Concealer
d. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, jaw
e. Powder
f. Too Faced Perfect Flush Blush (both colors swirled): Wet 'n Wild Blush in Pearlescent Pink
g. Eye Primer
h. Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette in Birthday Suit, eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color
i. Same Palette, In the Buff, under brows, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
j. Same Palette, Lap Dance, crease outer and inner: Physicians Formula Hazel Eye Candy, 3rd and 4th mixed
k. Same Palette, Fuzzy Handcuffs, middle of crease: Almay Intense I Color for Hazel Eyes, pink color
l. Same Palette, Voulez-vous, outer v: NYC Individual Eyes in Union Square, 4th color
m. Same Palette, Sugar Walls, with finger center of lids: Too Faced The Return of Sexy Palette in Icon
n. Same Palette, Voulez-vous, pencil brush, lower lash line: NYC Individual Eyes in Union Square, 4th color
o. Black Gel Liner, top lashes, wing, waterline (I didn't do a wing.)
p. Mascara
q. Too Faced La Creme Lipstick in Naked Dolly: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
My Thoughts: I like this blush. It's really natural looking. I wasn't sure about the eyes at first, but after the eyeliner and mascara were one, I did decide that I liked it. The eyes look like bedroom eyes. I'm not used to having different colors in the crease, like put one color in the inner and outer crease and a different color in the middle. So it looked weird to me at first. In order to wear Pink Pout, you really need to make sure your lips are exfoliated and moisturized, otherwise the lipstick won't look good. It will just emphasize chapped lips because it's a matte lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!