Thursday, July 25, 2013

Pixiwoo Favorite Makeup Looks



I have been keeping track of all these different looks I liked on Youtube, but I haven't been trying them out or writing blog posts about them. The looks really piled up, and I wanted to figure out a way to organize them, rather than just call them "pretty looks." I noticed there were some makeup artists that I kept recording their looks, so I decided to put their looks under the same category. I've already done blog posts on AllThatGlitters21 and Samantha Schuerman. I wanted to do a post devoted to Pixiwoo. They have two makeup channels: http://www.youtube.com/user/pixiwoo and http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn5_uZMdtmyCQl560TinbKQ which is called PixiwooMadness. I think that one is affiliated with a UK Magazine, but I may be wrong. The looks are quicker on this channel. And they use a lot of Avon products, I've noticed.

I really love these two sisters. They are amazing makeup artists. Sometimes they do looks that are a little too creative for what I would wear, but usually I copy them. I've learned so much from their videos. I remember when I first started watching them, I had a hard time understanding what they were saying because of their English accents! I find that so funny now because I don't have any trouble. It reminds me of when my mom took a train ride and was sitting by an English couple. She made friends with them and they talked with each other on the ride, but they kept asking each other to slow down and repeat what they were saying because my mom had trouble understanding them, and they had trouble understanding her! They were both speaking English, just different accents.

These are 10 looks that I like by the pixiwoo sisters. I'm not saying they are my all-time favorite looks by them. I still have a lot of looks by them to try out.

This is a list of the products I used a lot.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory (under browbone)
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (top and bottom lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (2nd coat top lashes)
Face Primer: Milk of Magnesia, Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Black Gel Liner: Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero

Here are the 10 Favorite Looks:

1. Get the Look Rosie Huntington Whiteley by PixiwooMadness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSq65R9Cdmk
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. MAC Grain, eyelid: NYC Central Park for Green Eyes Palette, 1st color
d. MAC Carbon, outer corner of eyes slight flick up, upper lashes: Wet 'n Wild Greed, 3rd color
e. Mascara only on top lashes
f. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, jaw
g. MAC Half Red Lip Liner, all over lip: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon in Brandywine
h. Avon Lip Gloss in Nude Pout: Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Midnight Cowboy
My Thoughts: There aren't a lot of products to use, so in that way it was simple. The flick is still difficult for me. When I first did it the eyes weren't the same. So I cleared one of the eyes and redid it. I made the eyeliner go out longer than necessary. Then, I used a q-tip with makeup remover to clean up everything up at an angle toward the end of my eyebrow. That way the flick was going even on both sides. Then I shortened the flick to make it just the length of my eyelashes. So it took a little while for me, but I got the flick in the end. I'm still practicing and learning how to do it.

2. Easy Green Smokey Eye by PixiwooMadness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAfeGLuWWNo
a. Eye Primer
b. Avon True Color Fresh Cut Greens, lightest color, eyelid, lower lash line: Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl
c. Same Palette, light green, outer half of lid: Elf Beauty Book Bright Eye Edition, 3rd row, 2nd shade
d. Same Palette, darkest green, outer corner, lower lashes: Maybelline Eye Studio in Sea Sprite, 4th color
e. Blend out edges.
f. MAC Tarnish Pencil, outer corner upper lashes, lower lash line, waterline: Jordana Easyliner for Eyes in Sea Green
g. Mascara
h. Collection 2000 Break Dance 4 Lip Gloss: Palladio Herbal Lip Gloss in Clearly Coral
My Thoughts: I like this look. I like the way she puts the green around the eye. It's not too much.

3. Big Eyes Make-Up Tutorial by PixiwooMadness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrvpnpcbrcs
a. MUA Trio Eye Shadow in Innocent, top medium color all over lid: Wet 'n Wild Sparkle 'Til Morning, 7th shade
b. Same Palette, very light color, inner corner: Maybelline Eye Studio in Smokey Cinnamon, 1st shade
c. Light Brown Eye Liner, top lash line, lower lash line, pencil brush blend it in lower lashes: Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Cafe Gold
d. Nude Eye Liner, waterline
e. Mascara
f. Concealer
My Thoughts: I know that having nude on the waterline is supposed to make your eyes look bigger. I don't know if it makes my eyes look bigger. To me it just looks like I have nude on my waterline. I think my eyes look pretty. For blush I'm going to wear pink because the eyes are warm. I'm going to use Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink. For the lips I'm going to wear pink to match the blush. I'm wearing Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Pop.

4. Anna Karenina Makeup Tutorial by PixiwooMadness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oPuJFMGSl0
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, under jaw
e. MAC Paint Pot in Constructivist, on lid and lower lash line: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 4th shade
f. Mascara
g. Beauty UK Lipstick in Vampire No.6: Milani Color Statement Lipstick in High Voltage
My Thoughts: This looks is really easy to do, and it looks beautiful.

5. Demi Lovato X Factor Makeup Tutorial by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g_3_T5KT0w
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. MAC Brûlée, eyelid, lower lashes: Wet 'n Wild Brûlée
d. MAC Vanilla, browbone: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th shade
e. MAC Quarry, crease: (This is the only Mac eye shadow I own.)
f. Black Gel Liner, upper lashes, wing, tightline (I didn't do the wing.)
g. Black Eye Liner, outer corner of lower lash line, 1/4 of the way, take a pencil brush and smudge it a little farther along
h. Mascara
i. Powder
j. Sleek Blush in Pixie Pink: Elf Blush in Tickled Pink
k. Sleek Highlighter Glo, top of cheekbones, nose, chin: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection To Reflect Shimmer Palette in Rose Champagne Glow
l. MAC Lip Liner in Embrace Me, color in whole lip: Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Pure
m. MAC Lipstick in Impassioned: Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
My Thoughts: I got compliments on this look.

6. Sixties Supermodel Jean Shrimpton Makeup by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MgK5LVOeQY
a. Foundation (and put it on your eyelids)
b. Concealer (and put it under your brow bone)
c. Louise Young Palette, white color, lid up to brow bone, lower lash line: The Balm Rockstar Palette in Adagio
d. Same Palette, 2nd color, crease, lower lash line: Maybelline Eye Studio Taupe Temptress, 3rd color
e. Nude Eyeliner, waterline
f. Black w/dark brown, tiny bit on lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Greed, 3rd color with Wet 'n Wild Sand Castle, 3rd color in the middle
g. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line and tight line
h. Mascara
i. Powder
j. MAC Blush in Buff: Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
k. Sleek Pout Polish in Peach Perfection: Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Coral Camellia
l. MAC Lip Pencil in In Synch, color lip in: Rimmel Exaggerate Full Color Lip Liner Definer in Eastend Snob
m. Collection 2000 Pink Heaven, outside of lip: I skipped this step.
My Thoughts: I really love this look. I feel like a model.

7. Ooh la la! Vanessa Paradis / Brigitte Bardot Makeup by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQQ_egir7cQ
a. Foundation
b. Louise Young Eye Shadow Palette, lightest shade, all over lid: Wet 'n Wild Brûlée
c. Same Palette, second color, crease: L'Oreal Hip Duo in Electrified, left side
d. Same Palette, third color, outside corner of crease: The Balm Rockstar Palette in Allegro
e. Blend it outwards to give more of a wing
f. Same Palette, third color, connect lash line to outside corner, see video (This was hard for me because my eye shape is different than the model's.)
g. Blend it out
h. Same Palette, lightest color, under brow
i. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line, tightline
j. Mascara
k. Concealer
l. Bronzer
m. Top Shop Blush in Glow: I mixed Elf Tickled Pink Blush with Hard Candy So Baked Bronzer in Tiki.
n. Powder
o. MAC Lip Liner in Spice, blend in the line: Wet 'n Wild Lip Liner in 666 Brandywine
p. MAC Honey Love Lipstick: Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight
My Thoughts: The look calls for all eye shadows to be matte, but I used a metallic taupe. It still looked good in the end. It's interesting that this is based on an older style of makeup because the look is modern. I guess trends come and go in makeup too. I wanted a pinky gold blush, so that's why I mixed Tickled Pink with Tiki.

8. Blue/Green Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAOyk394iOY
a. BB Cream
b. Concealer, including under brows
c. Me Me Me Dew Pot in Woodland Truffle, eyelid, lower lash line: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Tough As Taupe
d. MAC Steamy, eyelid, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Pride, 5th color
e. MAC Club, outer part of upper lash line, outer crease, she makes a slight wing, it helps to watch the video: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, last shade
f. Buff around edges
g. MAC Pearl Glide Intense Eye Liner in Under Current, waterline, tightline: Milani Liquif'eye Metallic Eye Liner Pencil in Aqua
h. MAC Vex, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, last shade
i. MAC Shroom, browbone: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th shade
j. Mascara
k. Bronzer, contour, temples
l. Top Shop Glow Polish, top of cheekbones, sides of eyes: Boots No.7 High Lights Illuminating Lotion
m. Top Shop Blush in Flush: Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush in Peach Satin
n. MAC Lipstick in Pure Zen: Revlon Colorbust Lipstick in Soft Nude
o. Top Shop Glaze in Laid Back: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef
My Thoughts: I have different skin than her's, so I wear foundation and powder. A lot of times the Pixiwoo sisters don't wear powder because they have dry skin. They have said this in their videos. Sometimes they will powder through the t-zone. My skin is combination and acting oily this summer, so I need to wear a powder. This is a pretty look for the summer. It has color in it, but I don't feel like a clown. The coral lips and blue green eyes look pretty together.

9. Victoria Secret Bronze Glow Makeup Tutorial by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmR5gouMdkA
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Beige
d. Urban Decay Half Baked, lid and crease: left color in L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic
e. Urban Decay Smog, upper lash line, wing it out slightly: crease color in Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells
f. Urban Decay Darkhorse, outer corner, on top of Smog: right color in L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic
g. Urban Decay Creep and Darkhorse, upper lash line and wing it out slightly with a smaller eyeliner brush: Wet 'n Wild Greed, 6th shade
h. Black Gel Eyeliner, tightline
i. Bronzer, cheeks, top of forehead, down the nose
j. Mascara
k. Powder
l. Bobbi Brown Lip Gloss in Pink Sunset: Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Sunset Peach
My Thoughts: The gel liner doesn't stay on the tight line, but transfers onto the bottom waterline. I don't think it looks bad, I just noticed it. The eyes look bronzey and gold, and the lip gloss is so pretty. It is one of my favorites.

10. Ashley Greene Makeup Tutorial by pixiwoo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UGSWzdIaEc
a. Foundation
b. Concealer, including under brows
c. Laura Mercier Colour To Go Palette, lightest shade, eyelid, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 1st color
d. Same Palette, 3rd darkest color, crease, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
e. Same Palette, darkest color, outer corner of eyelid, line upper lash line and lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Photo OP Eye Shadow Palette in Desert Festival, bottom right color
f. Mascara
g. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, outside of face
h. Blush from Laura Mercier Palette: Maybelline Expert Wear Blush in Pinch O Pink
i. Same Palette, Baby Doll Lip Gloss: Elf Hypershine Lip Gloss in Fairy
j. Powder
My Thoughts: I think it looks pretty. It's a simple look, but it looks good. I think Ashley Greene is one of the prettiest actresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!