Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Summer Favorite Makeup Looks Part 4


I can't believe I'm already on part 4 of the summer favorite looks! It's good to know there are lot of good makeup tutorials on Youtube. I'm sure there are a ton that I'm not even aware of. I like having lots of ideas of how to wear makeup. It gives me something new to learn, and I get to know the things I like. It's interesting how there are certain colors I like and it doesn't matter what season it is, but then there are certain makeup looks or colors I like only for a certain season. When I first started wearing makeup I only wore the same eye shadow every single day, and the same blush, etc. It was good in that I got really good at doing the same look every day, so I could do it really fast for school in the morning. Now I am the complete opposite. I am always changing what I wear because I like to be creative. It is like being an artist on your face.

Sometimes I use the same products over and over again. In that case I will list them here. I don't use all of these products every time. I just may use a nude eye liner for a few looks and I will just say Nude Eye Liner. In that case I will use what I mention in this list. Also, this summer I'm having trouble finding the right foundation to wear, so my skin is happy. I am trying out different foundations, a bb cream, a tinted moisturizer, and a cc cream. I just list here some things I tried, but I'm still deciding which ones work the best for my skin. In the winter time I was really happy with Revlon Color Stay Foundation for dry skin, but now that the weather has changed my combination skin has changed too, and I need a different foundation. My concealers are still working good.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes)
Bronzer: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Black (on top of first mascara), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes), Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Very Black (it has a wand for upper and lower lashes)
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation in Ivory, Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory, Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup SPF 10 in Desert Beige
Powder: (I change what powder I use.) Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched
Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
Tinted Moisturizer: Elf Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Porcelain
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude
BB Cream: Physicians Formula Super BB Cream in Light/Medium
CC Cream: Almay Smart Shade CC Cream SPF 35 in Light

These are all looks I've already tried out and I recommend them. They are mostly Youtube makeup tutorials that I have copied to the best of my ability. If I don't have the makeup product the artist uses, I use my own that is similar. A lot of times I use a cheaper product.

1. Neutral & Pink for Summer + Hair and Nails by ThatsHeart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orvwnvat-lY
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Eye Primer
e. Too Faced Natural Palette, Push-up, eyelid: Elf Baked Eye Shadow in Toasted
f. Same Palette, Cocoa Puff, crease: Maybelline Eye Studio in Natural Shock, 4th color
g. Clean brush to blend it out.
h. Gel Liner in Purple, upper lash line, little wing: Physicians Formula for Hazel Eyes Gel Eye Liner in Purple
i. Mascara
j. Light Brown Eye Shadow, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color
k. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, forehead, jawline, neck
l. NYX Mosaic Blush in Dare: Bare Minerals Blush in Joyous Jennifer
m. Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tipsy, line and fill in lips: L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail Lip Liner in Coral
n. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon
My Thoughts: The color in the crease is very pigmented. A little goes a long way. Watch the video to see how she does the wing. She makes it look so easy! I try to do it like her, but I fail. :( Maybe I look better without the wing. I like to do the lower lash line makeup before I put on mascara on the lower lash line. That way it doesn't smudge. Pink in the Afternoon is one of my all time favorite lipsticks.

2. Summer Eyes Using Wet 'n Wild by emilynoel83 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjOBDyNp-No
a. Eyelid Primer
b. Wet 'n Wild I'm Getting Sunburned, eyelid color, on the eyelid
c. Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells, browbone color, inner corner
d. Same Palette, crease color, on the crease
e. Clean Brush, buff out edges
f. Same Palette, browbone color, on the brow bone
g. NYX Slide On Liner in Pink Suede, lower lash line: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Woodstock
h. Wet 'n Wild I'm Getting Sunburned, browbone color, lower lash line
i. Same Palette, crease color, outer part of lid, blending into the crease, outer lower lash line
j. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
k. Black Eye Liner, waterline
l. Mascara
m. Bronzer contour around face
n. The Balm Frat Boy Blush: The Balm Rockstar Palette in Don't You Want Me?
o. Benefit Sun Beam, top of cheekbones: Hard Candy Glow Away in Maui, bronzer side
p. NYX Lip Liner in Beige: Boots No.7 Line and Define Lip Liner in Nude
q. L'Oreal Le Gloss in Nude Illusion: Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss in Midnight Cowboy
My Thoughts: I wasn't sure how I would like the hot pink liner on my lower lash line. When I got that Woodstock liner in a beauty box, I thought for sure I would never use it. But the color from the I'm Getting Sunburned palette makes it look a little more purple, which is more wearable for me. I think the pink makes my hazel eyes look green. I think it's cool when my eyes do that. The eyelid color is so pretty! This would be a pretty eye for the fall. The look is really pretty.

3. Waterproof Drugstore Makeup Tutorial by ForeverYours0727 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZaDuUJuD3Q
a. BB Cream
b. L'Oreal 24 HR Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush, eyelid, crease, and lower lash line
c. Black Eye Liner, upper lash line, wing (I didn't do the wing.)
d. Mascara, top lashes
e. L'Oreal 24 HR Infallible Eye Shadow in Bottomless Java, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 3rd color
f. Concealer
g. Powder
h. Bronzer, cheekbones, nose, chin
i. Nyx Stick Blush in Tea Rose
j. Ulta Automatic Lip Liner in Bloom, line and fill in lips, blot it: Prestige Lip Liner in Baby
k. Revlon Color Stay Kissable Balm Stain in Crush: Elf Jumbo Lip Gloss in Movie Star
My Thoughts: The colors in this tutorial are so pretty, from the eyes to the cheeks to the lips. I've never thought of putting these makeup items together, but it looks good! That's why I love getting ideas from the internet. I also sprayed the Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray, so I'm interested to see how long this makeup wears. I thought this would be a good tutorial for the summer because if it is waterproof, then that means it's sweat proof too. The lip liner is one of my favorites.

4. 10 Steps to Long Lasting Summer Makeup (Heat/Sweat & Waterproof) by DivaMakeupQueen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZEPs5FLuwI
a. BB Cream
b. Foundation
c. Concealer
d. Powder
e. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, jaw, temples
f. Ofra Golden Bronze on cheeks, forehead, chin: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection in Rose Golden Goddess
g. Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick in Blushed: L'Oreal Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Coral Lift
h. Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Magic: Bare Minerals Blush in Joyous Jennifer
i. Put powder on lids first
j. Eye Shadow Primer
k. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, eyelid
l. NYX Bronze Smokey Look Kit, middle right color, eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Newport Nights, middle color
m. Same Palette, middle left color, outer corner, into the crease just a little bit: Elf Beauty Book Cruella in Sewage
n. Same Palette, middle color, brow bone: Maybelline Enchanted Forest, eyelid color
o. Same Palette, bottom left color, outer v: Physicians Formula Canyon Classics, bottom left color
p. Same Palette, middle left color, lower lash line: Elf Beauty Book Cruella in Sewage
q. Brown Eye Liner, lower lash line
r. Same Palette, middle left color, lower lash line (again)
s. Black Eye Liner, upper lash line
t. Same Palette, bottom left color on top of upper lash line: Physicians Formula Canyon Classics, bottom left color
u. Mascara
v. Lip Balm, blot lips
w. Milani Lip Liner in All Natural, line and fill it in, blot lips: Boots No.7 Lip Liner in Nude
x. Milani Lipstick in Nude Creme
y. Elf Lip Gloss, nude: Bonne Bell Lip Lites in Cappuccino
z. Urban Decay All Nighter Spray, arms length away
My Thoughts: The L'Oreal Visible Lift in Coral Lift is really pretty. This is my first time using it. The Newport Nights middle color looks really pretty on top of Bad to the Bronze. It seems strange to use a shadow on the lower lash line, then layer it with brown eye liner, and then put the shadow on top of that. But Wing (the makeup artist for this tutorial) said this will ensure the makeup will last longer. This look might be a lot of makeup to wear on a hot, summer day. The eyes are very smoldering. The look reminds me of a Victoria Secret model look.

5. Aqua Eyes for Summer w/New BH Cosmetics Malibu Palette by samanthaschuerman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ3AzEfjIhM
a. BH Cosmetics Malibu Palette, left side, cream color, brow bone, inner corner: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
b. Same Palette, right side, 2nd column, 3rd row, pale light copper, outer part of the eyelid and crease: Physicians Formula Brown Eye Candy, 4th color
c. Same Palette, left side, 1st column, 2nd to bottom, pale taupe, inner corner of eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color
d. Same Palette, right side, 1st column, 2nd row, aqua, eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Medley (8-Pan, Blue is first color), 4th color
e. Same Palette, left side, 2nd column, 1st color, brighter aqua, use finger and tap into center: Elf 32 Eyeshadows Brights Palette, 1st shade, 2nd row
f. Same Palette, right side, 2nd column, 1st color, sea foam green, use finger and tap into center: L.A. Colors Eye Shadows in Water Lily, left color
g. Same Palette, left side, 2nd column, 1st color, brighter aqua, lower lash line: Elf 32 Eyeshadows Brights Palette, 1st shade, 2nd row
h. Nude Eye Liner, waterline
i. Mascara
j. Foundation
k. Concealer
l. Bronzer
m. NYX Blush in Mauve: Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Soft Sable
n. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow in Strawberry Blonde to highlight
o. Star Looks Lip Liner in Bare: Boots No.7 Lip Liner in Nude
p. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Be Free: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
q. Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Show Off: Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Lasting Moisture Lip Gloss in Soft Peach
My Thoughts: I heard somewhere that aqua is a good color for hazel eyes. I think it also looks good with red hair. I think the nude in the waterline looks pretty with the aqua. The cheek color looks good with the aqua too. I don't really like Pink Pout on my lips, but it looks good when I put a peach gloss on the top. I really like this look! It is perfect for the summertime! I might wear this look for the 4th of July.

6. Spring/Summer Makeup Get Ready with Me by voussontbeauetbelle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0RULowMccA
a. Curl Lashes
b. Elf Mascara Primer (I don't have a mascara primer.)
c. Mascara
d. BB Cream
e. Concealer
f. Powder
g. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing (I didn't do a wing.)
h. Nude Eyeliner, waterline
i. Top Shop Eyeliner in Slate, lower lash line: Revlon Color Stay Eye Liner in Charcoal
j. M.U.A. Blush in English Rose: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Blush in Pearlescent Pink
k. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks
l. Strictly Fab-u-lous Cosmetics Palette, top color, top of cheekbones, nose: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Center Stage Collection in Rose Champagne Glow Shimmer Palette
m. Top Shop Lipstick in Saint: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
n. Elf Mist & Set
My Thoughts: This look is really easy, and it looks so natural. I love it! I didn't know if it would look good on me because she doesn't put any eyeshadow on, but it looks good because of the black liquid liner. I waited to put mascara on my lower lashes until after concealer, nude liner on the waterline, and charcoal on the lower lash line. I don't mention voussontbeauetbelle very much on my blog, but she is a really cute girl to watch. I love her videos.

7. Summer Glow Makeup by Julie G http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeaSjHEQFSA
a. MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot: Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadows in Not Just Nudes
b. Bronzer, crease
c. Urban Decay Half Baked, eyelid: L'Oreal Hip Duo in Dynamic, left color
d. matte dark brown, outer 1/3 of lid, up to crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
e. MAC Ablaze, crease above bronzer: Wet 'n Wild Desert Festival, upper right color
f. Black Eye Liner, upper lash line
g. Mascara
h. Foundation mixed with a luminizer: I used L'Oreal Magic Lumi Light Infusing Primer.
i. Concealer
j. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, sides of eyes, temples, hair line, nose
k. MAC Modern Mandarin Blush with MAC Blush in Instant Chic, bridge of nose and outward: Milani Baked Blush in Coralina with Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink
l. MAC Whisper of Gilt Highlight, top of cheekbones, around eyebrow: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
m. Urban Decay Baked Eyeliner, waterline: Elf Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Boldly Bronzed
n. MAC Lip Glass in Ablaze: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
My Thoughts: The blush combo is really pretty. Maybe wait to do your lower lash mascara until after you put the eyeliner on the lower lashes. This look is really pretty on warm toned colored people. There is coral on the eyes, cheeks, and lips. It looks really pretty once you are done with the whole look. It is also very summer appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!