Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer Favorite Makeup Looks Part 3


I'm so happy! Today is the last day of work for the summer! I've had the kind of year where I'm burned out, and I'm really ready for a break. Working at a school is hard. It can be fun, but it also can be stressful. I really have been loving the summer makeup I've been trying out. There haven't been too many "duds." I still have a lot more looks to try out. I hope you like the looks I've favorited. If you try them out, please comment below! It would be interesting to see what other people think.

These are the products that I've used for almost every look, and I just list them one time, instead of every time I write a tutorial.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant (under eyes), Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer in Light (pimples), Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer in Ivory (eyelids, highlighting, around eyebrows, under eyes)
Bronzer: MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in Medium Deep, Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light (dupe for the Mac powder!)
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Covergirl Lash Perfection in Very Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Face Primer: Pixi Flawless & Poreless Face Primer in Translucent
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin in Ivory, Rimmel Clean Finish Matte Foundation in Ivory
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Brown
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Black Gel Liner: Essence Gel Eye Liner in Midnight in Paris
Brown Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eye Liner in Brown
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude

1. Summer Makeup Routine by smlx0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xd0yhyzf0o
a. BB Cream
b. Concealer
c. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, temples, jaw
d. MAC Warm Soul: Milani Illuminating Face Powder in Hermosa Rose
e. Bronzer on lid, blend into crease, lower lash line
f. Mascara
g. Revlon Lipstick in Soft Nude
My Thoughts: This is a really simple, natural look. It's good for when you don't want to wear a lot of makeup. I like it.

2. Get Ready with Me Summer Edition by TheMakeupChair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJC90rEJxjo
a. Concealer
b. BB Cream
c. Mascara
d. NYX Cream Blush in Glow on cheeks and lips
My Thoughts: This reminds me of the first look. It is easy and natural. Good to wear if you don't want to wear a lot of makeup.

3. Get Ready with Me! Beachy Glam Makeup by MakeupByAlli http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijQsMlAZEB0
a. Foundation
b. MAC Saddle, crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
c. MAC Pressed Pigment in Day Gleam, eyelid: NYX Natural Eye Shadow Palette, 2nd color
d. MAC Pressed Pigment in Deeply Dashing, outer half of eyelid: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
e. Black Eye Liner, tight line, waterline, upper lash line
f. Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette in Faint, upper lash line: Revlon Color Stay Palette in Attitude, bottom left corner
g. MAC Saddle, lower lash line
h. Sigma Highlighting Pencil, matte side, under eyebrows: Milani Shadow Eyes in Almond Cream
i. Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer in Brightener under eyes
j. Revlon Colorstay Concealer in Light under eyes: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory
k. Ben Nye Cameo Powder: I skipped this step.
l. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
m. Mascara
n. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, hair line, temples, jaw
o. Milani Baked Blush in Berry Amore
p. Milani Baked Blush in Dolce Pink
q. Lip Balm
r. Maybelline Color Whisper in Petal Rebel: Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
s. MAC Snob Lip Gloss: I skipped this because the lip butter is already glossy.
t. MAC Fix Plus: I skipped this.
My Thoughts: This is very different from the first two looks. This is a lot of makeup! Don't forget eye primer. She doesn't wear it, but I need it. I don't know about you. It's hard to see the Faint color on the upper lash line after using black liner there. I think that step can be skipped. The eyes are really dark. It's a lot of blush. Use a stippling brush. It looks like a lot of makeup on the eyes and cheeks. It is glamorous. I would wear it for a night time look, not for the beach.

4. Discount June! Get Ready with Me All Drugstore by Melmphs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_gepllyaU
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Powder
d. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, nose, jaw, neck, chin
e. Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Pink
f. L'Oreal True Match Blush in C1-2, Baby Blossom
g. Hard Candy Baked Blush in Honeymoon, top of cheeks, nose
h. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Yogurt, eyelid
i. NYX Roll On Shimmer in Salmon, eyelid, flat shader brush and pat it
j. Wet 'n Wild I Heart Matte, 6th color, in the crease
k. Same Palette, 7th color, outer crease, outer corner of lid
l. Same Palette, 6th color, blend it out
m. Same Palette, 1st color, under browbone
n. Covergirl Champagne, inner corner, under brow
o. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
p. Brown Eye Liner, lower lash line
q. Wet 'n Wild I Heart Matte, 7th color, lower lash line
r. Mascara
s. Jordana Lip Liner in Baby Berry
t. Elf Matte Color in Natural
u. Essence XXXL Shine Lip Gloss in Big Night Out
My Thoughts: I love looks where it is all drugstore. I had all of these products. I didn't need to dupe anything. I normally don't like wearing two blushes because I feel like it is too much blush. But when you put Maybelline Fit Me Blush on you don't have very much blush. It isn't very pigmented. The L'Oreal True Match Blush is more pigmented. It makes me wonder if she first put on the Maybelline Fit Me Blush and realized it wasn't enough blush, so she put on L'Oreal True Match because it is the same color as the other blush, but is more pigmented. This look is really pretty. It looks good on me, even though I am warm toned and fair, while she is cool toned and tan. I have red hair, she has dark hair. It looks good on me and her. Don't forget eye primer! I forgot to use it, but the eye shadows were still pigmented. It probably won't last very long though.

5. Get the Look: Newport Nights: An effortless look that is essential for your cosmetic bag! (I changed the name, so it wouldn't confuse you like it did me.) This is from a makeup tutorial card you can get for free that was next to the collection. I think they made a mistake with the name of the cards.
1. This is using Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Newport Nights.
2. Apply top right color from lash to brow.
3. Arc bottom right color into crease.
4. Press bottom left color over outer half of lid.
5. Apply middle color at lash line as liner.
6. Finish with top left color at inner corner.
7. Apply gloss over lips for a soft, golden sheen. Wet 'n Wild Fergie Lip Gloss in Fergaluscious: I didn't like this, so I used NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige.
8. Apply 2 thick coats of Fergie Turn Up the Volume Mascara for instant curl and length. (I did my regular mascara routine.)
My Thoughts: Alright, this will be long. I have a lot of thoughts about this look! The name on the card had the wrong palette on it, so it was confusing. I initially made a mistake doing these looks because I got confused with which palette to use. I used Shades of the Hamptons palette because that is the name of this look (on the card), but on the card the picture shows colors from the Newport Nights palette. I had to redo the looks on myself because if you use the wrong palette the look is bad. Once I used, the right palette, I really liked the look. I don't like the lip gloss. It is gold. I feel like it makes me look really pale. It's not flattering. In order to figure out what lip color and blush I should wear I used the tips from this website: http://www.makeupsgeek.com/makeup-basics/how-to-match-your-lipstick-with-eyeshadow/ I have mentioned these ideas in another blog post, I remember. I just can't remember which post it was. The idea is if your eye shadow is in the warm color family, you should wear a cool tone color on your cheek and lip. If your eye shadow is in the cool family, you should wear warm color tones on your cheeks and lips. If it is all the same color family, it will look 80's and just not look right. Watch the video if you want to see this explained better. I would say this eye shadow look is in the warm family. So I should wear a pink lip color. Makeup Geek's favorite cool lip gloss is NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige. (It isn't really beige.) For a pink blush she recommends Tart's Blush in Dollface. My dupe is NYX Stick Blush in Tulip. This is a cream blush. I'm going to wear Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink on top of it.

6. Get the Look: Shades of the Hamptons: This playful look offers a flash of color every time you blink! (I changed the name on the card.)
a. Wet 'n Wild Fergie Centerstage Collection Photo OP Eyeshadow in Shades of the Hamptons (They made a mistake with the name of the card. I think they also made a mistake with the drawing because the colors are on the wrong place.)
b. Apply top left color from lash to brow.
c. Sweep bottom right color across lid, keep under crease line.
d. Apply bottom left color at top lash line as liner.
e. Apply top right color at bottom lash as liner.
f. Finish with middle color at inner corner.
g. Apply gloss over lips for a soft wash of sheer coral. Wet 'n Wild Fergie Lip Gloss in Hot, Hot, Haute.
h. Apply Fergie Take On The Day Primer before eye shadow so color lasts longer and stays put. (I used the Milani Primer I usually use.)
My Thoughts: It's hard to see the blue on the top lash line. It's also hard to see the pink on the lower lash line, and I have fair skin. It just isn't that pigmented. Maybe I should have wet my brushes. Since the eye shadow is in the cool family, I'm going to wear a peach blush. For blush I'm wearing Covergirl Pretty Peach. Don't forget mascara! It's a pretty green color on the eyelid.

7. Accents of Maize, Caribbean Green, & Coraline Red Tutorial by cosmetic couturier http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16ozT1kUSp0
a. Eye Primer
b. Inglot 111r, lashes to browbone: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
c. Inglot 363 matte, outer corner, blend into the outer crease: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
d. Inglot 458, outer corner and diffuse it out: Too Faced The Return of Sexy Palette in Casting Couch
e. Inglot ABC Shine 403, edges of the brown: Wet 'n Wild Sparkle Til Morning, 1st color
f. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line
g. Nude Eye Liner in waterline
h. Inglot 504, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Fergie Photo OP Eye Shadow Palette in Maldives Sky, bottom left color
i. Inglot 403, lower lash line
j. Mascara
k. Foundation
l. Concealer
m. Powder
n. Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, nose, chin
o. Too Faced Snow Bunny, top of cheekbones: The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer
p. Illamasqua Powder Blush in Tweak: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
q. Inglot Soft Precision Lip Liner in 72, line and fill it in: Rimmel Red Dynamite Lip Liner
r. Wet 'n Wild Megastay Lipstick in Coraline 909d: L'Oreal Infallible Le Rouge Summer Rose
My Thoughts: I like the eye look. This look reminds me of the 50's. The lip color is really beautiful.

8. Warm Summer Eyes with my nieces! All Drugstore! Discount June! by Melmphs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dsD0Yy9cTg
a. NYX Love in Paris Palette in Merci Beaucoup, red on bottom middle color, crease: Wet 'n Wild Nude Awakenings, 3rd color
b. Same Palette, top middle color, crease: Elf Beauty Clutch, 3rd row, 6th color
c. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Gold on eyelid: Elf Jumbo Eyeshadow Stick in Little Miss Thing
d. Same Palette, top left corner, eyelid: Elf Cruella Beauty Book, Coat of Dreams
e. Same Palette, top right, outer 1/3 of lid: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Medley (gold is first color), 6th color
f. Same Palette, middle color, outer v: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th color
g. Blend it out.
h. Brown Gel Liner, top lash line, outer corner of bottom lash line
i. Same Palette, middle brown, lower lash line, smoke it out: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, 5th color
j. Mascara
k. Same Palette, middle right color, under brow bone: Wet 'n Wild Brûlée
l. Milani Lipstick in Flamingo Pose
m. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
My Thoughts: Coat of Dreams on top of Little Miss Thing is so pretty! The eyes as a whole look pretty. The Milani lipstick smells so good! It smells like watermelon! This is a pretty look for the summer. I like how she uses all drugstore makeup.

9. Get Ready with Me! Summer Makeup, Hair, and Outfit by missglamorazzi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfsqxUYMMgI
a. Urban Decay Deslick Setting Spray: I skipped this step. I just did my regular face routine.
b. Tinted Moisturizer
c. Concealer
d. Urban Decay Deslick
e. Powder
f. Eye Primer
g. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bad to the Bronze, eyelid
h. BH Malibu Palette, right side, 2nd column, 2nd to bottom, shimmering sandy brown, eyelid: Maybelline Sunbaked Neutrals, top row, 1st color
i. Same Palette, left side, 1st column, 2nd to bottom, matte light brown, crease: Wet 'n Wild Color Icon 8-Pan Palette called Medley (first color is gold), 7th color
j. Black Eye Liner, tight line
k. BH Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Lily, outer half of upper lash line: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple
l. BH Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Fresh, inner half of upper lash line: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald
m. Same Palette, right side, 1st column, 2nd to bottom, lower lash line: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color
n. Same Palette, left side, 1st column, bottom color, tear ducts: Wet 'n Wild Lust, 4th color
o. Mascara
p. Same Palette, top two blushes: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
q. Bronzer, temples, hollows of cheeks, jaw
r. Almay Liquid Lip Balm in Cantaloupe: Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
My Thoughts: This is a pretty look. The top lash line colors don't look too clowny or anything. It's a subtle pop of color, perfect for summer.

10. Summer 2013: Wet 'n Wild "Newport Nights" Makeup Look by Beauty Gala http://www.beautygala.com/brands/summer-2013-wet-n-wild-newport-nights-makeup-look/
a. Middle color, eyelid, apply wet, lower lash line: I sprayed Elf Makeup Mist & Set.
b. Bottom right color, crease, lower lash line
c. Top left color, brow bone, and inner corners
d. Black Eye Liner waterline and tight line
My Thoughts: I love this look! This is from someone's blog. It is so easy and pretty. I just added mascara and a pink blush and lip gloss. For blush I used Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink and NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in Beige.

I hope you like these summer looks! I still have more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!