Friday, January 31, 2014

January Favorites!

I don't have any new TV or movie favorites this month. I'm still watching the same shows I already talked about.

I have some new hair products I've been loving. I got inspired by PiinkSparkles blow drying routine video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4XwzVw67QI. She has long, healthy hair, so I got a couple of things she mentioned in her video, and I've been drying my hair the same way as her. I think my hair has been looking healthy.


1. Herbal Essences Rose Shampoo and Conditioner: I used to use this back when I was in high school! I loved it then, and I still love it. It makes my hair have lots of volume, and the smell is of roses.


2. Label M Protein Spray: I never knew that you lose protein in your hair when you brush it, get it wet, or use heat on it. It is good to spray the protein back into the hair. I found this from a store online. I learned about it from PiinkSparkles video. After you towel dry your hair, you spray this in and after you blow dry, you spray it in.


3. Organix Coconut Milk Split Ends Mender: Before you blow dry your hair you put this on the ends of your hair. It has coconut milk, whipped egg white proteins, and coconut oils to help nourish the hair and give strength.


4. Elf High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow: I heard this was a dupe for the banana powder the Kim Kardashian uses under her eyes. I don't think it is a dupe, but it is a finely milled powder that works great. I was putting it under my eyes, but I found it worked good all over the face. It is in yellow to correct redness on the face. If you put to much powder on you can spray your face with the Elf Setting Spray, and that will get rid of any extra powder.


5. Elf Powder Brush: I like to use this brush with the powder. It is only $3. Elf isn't very expensive.


6. Tweezerman Eye Lash Curler: I always use this, but I've never put it in a favorite. You can get this at the drugstore. It works the best on my eyes and lashes. It fits nicely, and does the curl. It is also inexpensive.



7. Stila In the Garden Palette: I've been playing with this palette a lot this month. It has some really pretty shades in it. I like these Stila palettes. I plan on doing more blog posts with them.


8. L'Oreal Colour Riche Gold Dust Textured Nail Polish in Too Dimensional: My friend said this looked to her like A Starry Night by Van Gogh. It has that same blue that is in the painting and large flecks of gold glitter. I saw this on someone's blog and I went out to go get it. It's in the limited edition collection.


9. Essie Nail Lacquer in Hors d'Oeuvres: This is a beautiful glittery nail with flecks of silver and gold. I don't have any other nail polish like it. I saw someone with this nail polish and I thought it looked really pretty. This is from a limited edition collection too.



10. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pout: I have mentioned this in the yearly favorites, but never in a monthly post. This is a matte light pink color. I heard it is a dupe for MAC's Angel.


11. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black: This goes on the waterline, and is a pencil you can sharpen. I like that better than the twist up kind. You can smudge it out, too.



12. Benefit Watt's Up: This is a pretty, golden, champagne cream highlighter. It's a sample size. It looks like a natural highlight for the face.

Favorite Songs

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Soundtrack
1. Big Rock Candy Mountain by Harry McClintock
2. I Am a Man of Constant Sorrow by Soggy Bottom Boys & Dan Tyminsk
3. Keep on the Sunny Side by The Whites
4. I'll Fly Away by Alison Krauss & Gillian Welch

Sara Evans Songs
1. I Could Not Ask For More
2. Suds in the Bucket
3. A Little Bit Stronger
4. A Real Fine Place to Start

The Spinners
1. Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
2. I'll Be Around

Casting Crowns
1. Who Am I
2. East to West
3. Voice of Truth
4. Praise You in This Storm

A Little More Country Than That by Easton Corbin
Long Train Running by The Doobie Brothers
Toxic by Britney Spears
I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy/Faith Evans/ 112
She Works Hard for the Money by Donna Summer
Story of My Life by One Direction
Royals by Lorde
Just to See You Smile by Tim McGraw
Whatever She's Got by David Nail
Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond
We Got the Beat by The Go-Go's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!