Saturday, February 1, 2014

Lush Valentine's Day Haul!


I was really happy with the Christmas Lush products I got in December. It was a fun way to celebrate the season. When I saw that Lush had Valentine's Day products coming out, I got really excited! This year I can't wait for Valentine's Day because my mom is getting a much needed surgery, and I know she is going to feel a lot better when she gets it done. Lush products arrive so quickly! I think it may be because we have a Lush shop near me. It might be made by people in that store, I'm not sure. I wanted to share with you each thing I got, and a little review.


1. Love Locket Bath Bomb: Isn't this the cutest thing?! This is what the Lush website says, "What's inside this locket? You'll need to break this heart-shaped bomb in half to find out! Use each half and the center for three separate baths (each piece is big enough to stand on its own), or sink in with the whole thing all at once. The outside layer is speckled with paper hearts that will float out to the surface of the pink water, and the hidden center releases a smattering of shiny red agar seaweed hearts to create a spectacular bath time display. The sensual blend of vanilla, jasmine and neroli essential oils top off the luxurious and indulgent experience. We use agar seaweed to create beautiful biodegradable hearts that dissolve right back into the ocean."

Review: I put the side with the yellow lock in the tub, and it is hot pink with yellow so that turned orange. It was very bubbly. And little pink hearts came out like confetti. It smells so good. It smells like other Lush products I've tried. I don't know how to explain.

I put the heart that was hidden inside in the tub today, and it had a bunch of red hearts on it that floated around in the tub. It has the same smell, and the water is light pink. It is very softening for the skin. I'm glad there are three parts to this. I really like this bath bomb!

I put the last 1/3 in today. It makes the bath water light pink, and pink hearts came out!


This is what it looks like when broken. There is a little heart inside! My dad used a large cutting knife.


2. The Kiss Tinted Lip Balm: This smells so good! I can't quite figure out what it smells like, but it smells really familiar like a berry or a candy I've had. This is what the website says, "The Kiss has it all: vegan, preservative-free, highly moisturizing and softening, subtle color and lots of shin. The whipped buttery base of Fair Trade shea and cupuacu melt on to soften and hydrate lips while almond and organic mandarin oils bring lip-smacking flavor. Organic agave syrup smoothes on for a high shine finish, boosted by PET-free sparkles. We top this gloss off with a dash of guarana seed powder, one of nature's boosters, to make your lips feel plump, soft and absolutely kissable." It feels really good on the lips. It's very moisturizing. There is a slight pink tint, but it looks natural. My lips didn't plump up, but that's ok. I don't like the stinging that normally happens with that. There is no stinging with this.


3. Prince Charming Shower Gel: I love the name of this, and when I found out the scent I wanted to get it. This comes in three different sizes. Since I've never had this before I got the smallest size. If I really like it I can get the bigger size next year. This is what the website says, "Lather up in our brand new, limited edition shower gel! Fresh pomegranate juice and grapefruit oil cleanse the skin while their bright energetic scents help wake you up on early mornings. Add to that a blend of Fair Trade vanilla pod infusion, skin-softening marshmallow root and almond oil, and you're in for royally soft, moisturized skin all over. The fragrance was made especially for this product and we think it's an instant classic. Prince Charming is bound to sweep you off your feet!"

Review: I love it! It smells very citrusy that must be the pomegranate and grapefruit. I took a shower in the morning, and I think it did help to wake me up. It feels so good on the skin. It is the perfect shower gel!


4. Close To You Massage Bar: I thought this looked really cute, and I like the ingredients in it. This is what the website says, "Made with luxurious butters and a delicious vanilla scent, this sweet massage bar is guaranteed to bring someone special close to you! This is one of our smooshable bars, which can be pressed between your palms, melted and used for one glorious all-over body massage. It's inspired by a British cookie called the Jammy Dodger, which is made of shortbread and raspberry jam in the middle. If you peek in the heart-shape on the top of the massage bar you'll see the scrumptious white fondant center. This yummy bar is made with the same sweet vanilla scent as Creamy Candy Buble Bar and Rock Star soap. Not only is this bar made with cupuacu and shea butters, it's also made with a dash of corn flour to leave skin silky smooth." How to use: "Glide the massage bar directly over dry skin; it will melt upon contact. Massage or rub the oils into the skin. As massage bars are made with natural butters and oils, take care to ensure they absorb completely before putting on you best pj's. Massage bars melt at body temperature, keep yours somewhere cool, dry, and out of direct sunlight." When I was taking pictures of this, it was already melting in my hands! I kept the plastic bag it came with to store it in. I've never tried a Lush massage bar, so this will be interesting. It seems like it will be like a lotion.

Review: I really don't like this! It turned my skin bright pink! I look like I got a sunburn. It is like a lotion that doesn't absorb into the skin. I feel like I should wash it off. It is so bizarre. I don't think I'm going to get a massage bar again. I would rather use a lotion. It took a long time, but it finally dissolved, and my skin feels very moisturized, so it does work. I don't know if I will use it again. The next day I took a shower, and I still had some parts of my skin that were stained pink! I really don't like that. I threw it away.


5. Sex Bomb Bath Bomb: This is not limited edition for Valentine's Day. I saw this was in one of the Valentine's Day packages, and I wanted to try this out too. I love the bath bombs! It has a rose on the top! This is what the website says, "What's in a name? When it comes to the Sex Bomb we take the moniker seriously. A must for any romantic bath, our world famous sphere of sex appeal contains all of Nature's most potent and seductive ingredients to get you in the mood for a good... bath. Scintillating jasmine, clary sage and ylang yang are powerful aphrodisiacs that are known to relax you as they warm your heart, and other body parts too. Soya milk makes the water milky, softening your entire body as you enjoy a luxurious soak with our best-selling Bath Bomb. Consider yourself warned."

Review: It is a dark pink bath. A full rose bud comes out and it floats in the bath. Then the rose bud breaks up and the petals float around the tub. It has good smells, like Lush stuff does. I can't pin point what I'm smelling. It feels like a luxurious soak.


6. Aqua Marina: This is a sample I got. I'm happy to try it out! It is a face wash. This is what the website says, "Do you remember putting calamine lotion on bug bites as a child? Aqua Marina was made with the same principle in mind; using the soothing pink extract to reduce redness and inflammation in sensitive skin. Those who have a tendency to react to citrus or strong herbal oils will find salvation in Aqua Marina's gentle aloe vera and moisturizing nori seaweed. Especially cooling on sun burnt faces, Aqua Marina is perfect for normal to dry skin types. Your cleanser will remain fresh for up to three months. Always check the expiration date on your product. It may look like it was pulled from the ocean, but that's only because it's wrapped in Nori seaweed! Nori seaweed is packed with vitamins and nutrients for soft skin." How to use: "Dampen your face with warm water. Place a pea-sized chunk in the palm of your hand and add water to create a paste. Apply to your face using small, circular motions. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry. For best results follow with the LUSH toner and moisturizer that best suit your skin type."

Review: It is a clay texture, so you have to put some in your hand and water and mix it in your hand to put on the face. It stung when I put it on my nostrils, but that is the only place I had problems, so I just wont put it there the next time I use it. It didn't take away my redness unfortunately, but I think this was sensitive to my skin. Maybe if I keep using it, the redness will go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!