Sunday, February 23, 2014

Stila In the Moment Palette Looks




I'm really excited to have this palette! I already had Stila's In the Light palette, and I really fell in love with it. I don't know why people don't talk about it so much. I started finding out about the other palettes, and they were getting good reviews. For Christmas I got a gift certificate to Sephora, so I decided to get Stila's In the Moment palette because I really like these palettes, and I saw swatches of the palette. I love purples, and it comes with beautiful neutrals. I read somewhere that this was a good palette for someone with green or hazel eyes. I also like the names of the eye shadows. You will see what they are soon enough. On the palettes it is so cute because for example, In the Light palette has little stars, In the Garden has little flowers, and In the Moment has little hearts. I love little details like that.

First, I'm going to tell you what looks were in the look book that came with the palette, and tell you what I thought about the looks. Then I will tell you looks I liked that I found on Youtube. I'll try to describe everything for you.

These are the other products I used.

Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Ivory, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener, Boots No.7 Stay Perfect Blemish Cover in Extra Fair
Eyeshadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black
Face Primer: Benefit Porefessional Primer, Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin in Ivory
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent, Elf High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow
Lip Balm: Maybelline Baby Lips in Quenched, Lush The Kiss
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Brown
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Setting Spray: Urban Decay All Nighter Spray, Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
Black Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black

These are the looks from the look book.

1. Wide Eyed Wonder
a. Apply Wonder from lash line to brow bone.
b. Wet brush and apply Wonder to lid. I used Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray. You can use MAC Fix Plus, Elf Setting Spray, or water.
c. Apply Whim to the crease and outside corner.
d. Apply Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra to the upper and lower lash lines. (This liner came with the palette.)
My Thoughts: Since this look is mainly brown on the eye, I wanted to use pink on the cheeks and lips. For blush I used Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink. On the lips I used Revlon Pink in the Afternoon lipstick, and Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Head Turner. Wonder is a peachy brown shade. Whim is a beautiful warm golden brown. The eye liner, Tetra, is a deep shimmery purple, but it looks almost black to me. This is an every day, wearable type of look.

2. Purple Dream
a. Apply Instinct from lash line to brow bone.
b. Apply Impulse to lid.
c. Apply Glance along the crease and blend.
d. Wet brush and apply Glance to the lower lash line.
My Thoughts: The purple eye shadows aren't that pigmented. That is ok because it still looks pretty on the lid, and it is easy to blend out. To wet the brush I used Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. You could use water, MAC Fix Plus, or Elf's Setting Spray. Since the eyes are cool, I wanted to use a peach blush and lip gloss. For blush I used Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. For lip gloss I used Buxom Creamsicle. I like this look.

3. Sophisticated Stare
a. Apply Desire from lash line to brow bone.
b. Wet brush and apply Captivate to lid.
c. Apply Catalyst on the upper lash line to crease and blend.
d. Apply Catalyst to the lower lash line.
My Thoughts: I didn't like it. It was to dark on the eyes.

4. Midnight Magic
a. Apply Impulse from lash line to brow bone.
b. Apply Glance to lid and lower lash line.
c. Apply Improvise to crease.
d. Apply a thin layer of Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra to the upper lash line.
My Thoughts: This is a pretty purple look. I think purple goes well with peach, so I wore Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso, The Balm Cindy Lou Manizer as a highlight, and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pango Peach.

5. Captivating Eye
a. Apply Spontaneous from lash line to brow bone.
b. Wet brush and apply Whim to lid.
c. Apply Captivate to the outside corner of the eye creating a "v" shape.
d. Wet brush and apply Catalyst to the upper and lower lash line creating a smoky finish.
My Thoughts: This does make your eyes look captivating! It is very flattering. To wet brush you can use water, Elf Setting Spray, or an Urban Decay Setting Spray. Some people lick their brush! Since the eyes were warm, I decided to use a cool toned blush and lip gloss. For blush I used Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed, a pretty pink. For lip gloss I used Bonnebell Lip Lites in Strawberry Shortcake. This is a light, barely there pink lip gloss. I thought that was good because it didn't take attention away from the eyes. For highlight I used The Balm Cindy Lou Manizer because I'm currently obsessed with it.

6. Smoky Stare
a. Apply Instinct from lash line to brow bone.
b. Apply Improvise to the lid and crease.
c. Apply Catalyst to the upper and lower lash lines and layer for a smoky effect.
d. Apply Stila's Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Tetra to lash line carefully extending the line up a bit past the eye.
My Thoughts: The eye liner is weird. At first I thought it wouldn't twist up, but today I got it to twist up. I guess you have to keep on twisting it until it works. This is a dark purple smoky eye. Catalyst I think is a dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3 Blackheart. It looks black with red shimmer. I wore Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed and Bonnebell Lip Lites in Strawberry Shortcake.

These are looks on Youtube I found that I liked using Stila's In the Moment Palette.

7. Stila In the Moment Tutorial by Bethany Jayne http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-CHPbWZf00
a. Eye Primer
b. Instinct, browbone, inner tearducts
c. Spontaneous, eyelid, a little bit above the crease
d. Wonder, crease
e. Whim, outer crease, outer v
f. Brown Eye Liner, outer 2/3 of lower lash line
g. Spontaneous, lower lash line
h. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
i. Mascara
j. Elf Candid Coral Blush
k. NYX Lip Liner in Rose, line and fill in lips: Prestige Lip Liner in Baby
l. Urban Decay Lipstick in Naked: Revlon Pink Pout
My Thoughts: Half of this palette is purple and half is neutrals/browns. This look is using the browns. It's a natural eye. The cheeks are coral and the lips are pink.

8. In the Moment Purple Look by TheBethanyFae http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drhbHi3Wny8
a. Eye Primer
b. NYX Eyeshadow Base in White, lids: NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk
c. Spontaneous, inner part of the eye
d. Instinct, inner tear duct, inner crease
e. Impulse, inner half of crease
f. Glance, above the crease
g. Whim, outer part of lid
h. Spontaneous, lower lash line
i. Improvise and Captivate, outer v
j. Stila Liner in Tetra, outer 1/3 of lower lash line
k. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
l. Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Ecstacy, over black liner: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple
m. Mascara
n. Mary Kay Strawberry Cream Blush: Rimmel Lasting Finish Soft Colour Blush in Tickle Me Pink
o. L'Oreal Colour Riche in 175 Violet Chiffon: Revlon Lip Butter in Gumdrop
My Thoughts: Be light handed with the blush. It is very pigmented. The eyes are purple with gold and brown. The blush is pink. The lips are a sheer lavender.

9. STILA "In the Moment" Everyday Tutorial by charlieamateur http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMwy-45Fv9I
a. Eye Primer
b. Wonder, eyelid
c. Whim, outer corner, crease
d. Blend it out
e. Captivate, outer corner, outer crease
f. Desire, underbrow, inner corner
g. Wonder, eyelid
h. Captivate, outer half of lower lash line
i. Desire, inner half of lower lash line
j. Stila Eye Liner in Tetra, upper lash line, outer half of lower lash line
k. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line, very close to lashes, thin
l. Mascara
m. Natural cheeks and lips: Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Natural and Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
My Thoughts: This is a really natural look. The eyes are brown with purple liner. The cheeks and lips are a natural color, like my cheeks but better and my lips but better.

10. Get Ready with Me: In the Moment Stila Palette by ShadesOfKassie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n1jatsZj4Y
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Lip Balm
d. Powder
e. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, under cheekbones, temples, under jaw: NYC Sunny
f. NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic: NYX Cream Blush in Natural
g. Clinique Aglow: Elf Blush in Peachy Keen
h. Brows
i. Eye Primer
j. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Painted Purple, eyelid, blend out the top with finger
k. In the Moment, Spontaneous, inner half of eyelid
l. Glance, outer half of lid
m. In the Light Palette, Bliss, crease
n. In the Light Palette, Bare, under brow
o. In the Light, Bliss, crease again
p. In the Moment, Spontaneous, inner eyelid again, inner half of lower lash line
q. Same Palette, Improvise and Catalyst, outer v
r. Same Palette, Improvise, outer half of lower lash line
s. Black Eye Liner, waterline
t. MAC Fix Plus on brush, Catalyst, upper lash line
u. Mascara
v. Maybelline Lipstick in Smooth Taupe, skip
w. Covergirl Wet Slicks in Patently Pink: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow
My Thoughts: The eyes are gold and purple. The cheeks are peach and the lips are a pink lip gloss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!