Friday, February 28, 2014

February Favorites!


My Favorite Book: Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater: I read this book very, very slowly, during my breaks at work. It is a sweet love story about a girl and a boy that turns into a wolf when it is cold. They are star crossed lovers. It is the first book in a trilogy.

Beauty Favorites

1. Neutrogena Shine Control Primer


After using Benefit Porefessional, I had this primer. I didn't like it in the Summertime because it didn't help with my oil. Now that it is Winter my skin is drier, and it works a lot better. So I recommend this.

2. Lush The Kiss Lip Balm


I got this for Valentine's Day from Lush. It is a nice smelling, nice feeling lip balm. I wore it when my lips felt chapped. It was limited edition just for the holiday.

3. Lush Prince Charming Shower Gel


Oh, I just love this stuff! It smells so good. It smells the most like grapefruit. It is a citrusy smell. It helps to wake you up and energize you. It leaves the skin so soft, I didn't need to put lotion on afterwards. It was also limited edition for Valentine's Day.

4. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pango Peach



This is a beautiful, pigmented, peach lip gloss from the drugstore. It feels so good on the lips. I think it looks good with my coloring.

5. Stila In the Moment Palette



This is one of my favorite palettes. It has purples and neutrals, which I love. I did a blog post about it this month, so I was using it a lot. I really recommend these Stila palettes. They are great quality.

6. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray


I got this off of Hautelook.com. I got the All Nighter Setting Spray too. I can't tell the difference between the two. They both help make my makeup last. I heard of a trick by LolaMarie on Youtube. You spray your face first, then dot on foundation, then you spray your brush and blend in the foundation. This makes your face look really natural and the makeup lasts. That is what I did with this.

7. Crown Brush Palette 36 Color Leopard Print Neutral



This month I was obsessed with duping the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. I got the Crown Brush Palette off of Ebay. The third row, 5th color in is a dupe for Limit, which I used a lot this month. I found out about it from Diva Makeup Queen on Youtube. I did a blog post on the dupes for the Naked 3 palette this month. It is a light dusty rose, matte shadow.

8. Lorac Pro Palette



This is a very beautiful palette. The top row is matte and the bottom row is shimmery. I have heard so many talk about this palette on Youtube. Everyone is in love with it. I just wanted it to dupe one of the shadows for the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette. It is Mauve. It is the top row, 5th color in. It is a duper for Nooner, which is a medium pinky-brown mauve that is matte. It has great pigmentation. I need to use this palette more because there are so many looks I could create with it. I may do a blog post devoted to this palette alone.

9. Thayers Alcohol-Free Toner in Rose Petal Witch Hazel


I think I heard about this from pinksofoxy on Youtube. I just started using it this month. It is a good toner. It smells like roses. I think it does a good job of getting off any residue or makeup left over from cleansing. It is gentle on the face too.

10. Bonnebell Lip Lites in Strawberry Parfait



I heard this was a dupe for NARS Turkish Delight Lip Gloss. It took me forever to find it. Finally, I found a kit of four different Bonnebell Lip Glosses, with this inside. It smells like strawberries. It is the perfect pink lip gloss. I love it!

Favorite Songs

Where the Blacktop Ends by Keith Urban
Highway Don't Care feat. Taylor Swift & Keith Urban by Tim McGraw
Sweet Annie by Zac Brown Band
Come Back Song by Darius Rucker
Holy Grail feat. Justin Timberlake by Jay Z
Talk Dirty feat. 2 Chainz by Jason Derulo
Neon Lights by Demi Lovato
Break Your Heart feat. Ludacris by Taio Cruz
Lots of Shania Twain songs: I used to listen to her in high school. I knew all her songs by heart. One of my friends just heard her for the first time! And I had to go get out my old CD's and listen to them. I still know the words!

I hoped you enjoyed my favorites of the month! What were your favorites this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!