Sunday, February 9, 2014

Urban Decay Naked 3 Dupes and Looks!

Ever since the Naked 3 palette came out, there has been a lot of talk about it. I have seen a lot of tutorials using it on Youtube. Immediately, since I first heard about it I was thinking about duping it. For some reason, it is more fun for me to find the dupes than to purchase the palette. I already have dupes for the first 2 Naked palettes. This was hard for me to find the dupes in my collection. I have given up a couple of times, to be honest. But I really wanted to dupe the palette, and be able to create the beautiful looks I've been seeing. I heard that this is a good palette for hazel eyes because pink and purple contrast well with the color.

To find the dupes I used websites with swatches, descriptions, and people's own dupes. These are my sources: Allura Beauty's Urban Decay Naked 3 Blog PostVampy Varnish's Urban Decay Naked 3 Blog PostTemptalia's Urban Decay Naked 3 Blog Post, and Diva Makeup Queen's Youtube Video. You can find Mac dupes for this palette on this blog: My Eye Shadow Consultant.

Some of my dupes are the same as others, so I will say if I copied them. Sometimes Temptalia said a color was close, but not a dupe, yet I say they are a dupe. They are close enough for me.

1. Strange: Wet 'n Wild Lust, top left color (my dupe)

2. Dust: Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells, bottom color (Diva Makeup Queen's dupe)

3. Burnout: Wet 'n Wild Sweet as Candy, pink shade (Diva Makeup Queen dupe)

4. Limit: Crown Brushes 36 Color Leopard Print Neutral Palette, 3rd row, 5th color in (Diva Makeup Queen dupe)

5. Buzz: Maybelline Designer Chocolate, crease color (Diva Makeup Queen)

6. Trick: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 2nd color (Diva Makeup Queen's dupe)

7. Nooner: Lorac Pro Palette, Mauve. (Temptalia says it is more purple. Diva Makeup Queen says it's a dupe. I think it looks the same too.)

8. Liar: Disney Sephora Cinderella Palette in Chateau (Temptalia says it is similar, I say it's a dupe)

9. Factory: Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone, 3rd color (my dupe)

10. Mugshot: Wet 'n Wild Nutty (Diva Makeup Queen's dupe)

11. Darkside: NYX Butt Naked Palette, middle row, far right color mixed with Maybelline Eye Studio in Taupe Temptress, 2nd color (my dupe). It is a dark taupe mixed with a mauve.

12. Blackheart: Wet 'n Wild Lust, bottom right color (my dupe). This is a dark color with dark pink glitter.

The thing I find is good about the dupes is that none of my dupes are powdery or have fall out. I have heard that Dust and Trick are very glittery and have tons of fall out in the Naked 3 palette. If you don't have my dupes or want to see more inexpensive dupes I highly suggest checking out Diva Makeup Queen's video. She compares her dupes with swatches of the Naked 3, side by side. It's a very good video.

These are the products I used for a lot of the looks.

Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener
Eye Shadow Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer, Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer
Mascara: Benefit Bad Gal Lash (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Black Gel Liner: Essence Gel Liner in Midnight in Paris
Brown Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Brown
Black Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Brown
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Face Primer: Benefit Porefessional Primer, Neutrogena Shine Control Primer
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin in Ivory
Powder: Elf High Definition Powder in Corrective Yellow, Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Bronzer/Contour: Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder in Matte Light
Nude Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Nude

These are the looks I found on blogs and mainly on Youtube that I wanted to recreate. Since this palette came out around the holidays, a lot of these looks are called "Holiday" somewhere in the title, but I don't think they only look good during the holidays. I think if it is a good look, it will look good any time.

1. 12 Days of Christmas Giveaway: Naked 3 Holiday Tutorial! by lisettesbeaute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWiAElOU178
a. Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Sand Glow: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Barely Branded
b. Trick, lid
c. Factory, crease
d. Strange, browbone
e. Trick, lower lash line
f. Black Eye Liner, waterline, tightline
g. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line, wing
h. Mascara
i. Milani Lipstick in Best Red: Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart
j. Illamasqua Blush in Katie: NYX Blush in Peach
My Thoughts: I like how she doesn't use all the eye shadows in the palette. She keeps it simple, and it looks really elegant. The cheeks look naturally flushed. I love this lip butter because it is a wearable red. I don't feel like a crazy red lipped clown. I feel like Snow White. Does that make sense? xD

2. Urban Decay Naked 3 Tutorial + GIVEAWAY! by Amber Cherie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MybPmZxS6sE
a. Eye Primer
b. Trick, inner 1/3 of lid
c. Buzz, center of lid
d. Liar, outer 1/3 of lid
e. Blend it out.
f. Limit, crease
g. Factory, outer v
h. Strange, browbone, inner corner
i. Dust, inner corner
j. Em Michelle Phan Waterliner in Ro's Gold, waterline
k. Black Eye Liner, tight line
l. Urban Decay Rockstar, upper lash line: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Purple
m. Blackheart, top lash line
n. Mascara
o. MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter in Bright Forecast, under eyes: Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer in Radiant
p. L'Oreal True Match Blush in Bare Honey
q. Dust, top of cheekbones, nose, cupid's bow, chin
r. Factory, lower lash line
s. Jordana Lip Liner in Tawny
t. 2 options for lips plum or nude: Maybelline Lip Elixir in Caviar or Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brûlée, I used the Revlon Lip Butter.
My Thoughts: I bought the $20 eye liner by Em Michelle Phan in Ro's Gold, and it does not go on my waterline. I'm very disappointed. Even if it did the black liner on the tight line would still smudge on top of the lower waterline. It doesn't look bad though. I heard that NYX just came out with a rose gold eye pencil, and that should be good. And a lot cheaper! I feel stupid for spending $20 for an eye liner! Overall, this is a good look. The cheeks and lips are nude, and the eyes are rose gold with black liner.

3. Naked 3 Tutorial by Megan McTaggart http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aadlvoNQT4
a. Benefit High Brow pencil, highlight browbone: Milani Shadow Eyez in Almond Cream
b. Eye Primer
c. Limit, crease
d. Strange, browbone
e. Darkside, outer corner of eye, blend it out
f. Burnout, inner 1/2 of lid
g. Liar in between darker shade and Burnout
h. Blend it out.
i. Blackheart, outer corner, blend it out
j. Black Eye Liner, tight line, waterline
k. Nooner, lower lash line
l. Darkside, outer part of lower lash line, connect it to top lid
m. Clean pencil brush, and blend out lower lash line
n. Burnout, pencil brush, center of lower lash line
o. Dust, same brush, inner corner of eye
p. Blend it out.
r. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line
s. Mascara
t. NARS Blush in Deep Throat, Elf Candid Coral
u. Foundation and contour is already done
v. NARS Blush in Mistinguette, apples of cheeks: Physicians Formula Happy Booster Blush in Pink
w. NARS Devotee, top of cheekbones, nose, forehead above the nose, cupid's bow, chin: Benefit's Watt's Up
x. Sephora Waterproof Lip Liner in Nude: Boots No.7 Nude Lip Liner
y. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rush: Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Soft Rose
z. Buxom Gloss in White Russian: NYX Lip Gloss in Frosted Beige
My Thoughts: The eye looks the same to me as the look before. I like the lips, a rosy nude.

4. Naked 3 Mauve and Grey Eye Tutorial by candicemagen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viGxPNUC3wI
a. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Nude Pink: I used my eye primer.
b. Nooner, eyelid
c. Darkside, outer corner, crease
d. Strange, browbone
e. Dust, inner corner
f. Nooner, inner 2/3 of lower lash line
g. Dark Side, outer 1/3 of lower lash line
h. Blending brush blend out lower lash line
i. Blackheart, upper lash line
j. Mascara
k. Brown Gel Liner, tightline, waterline
l. Blackheart, set the liner
m. Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
n. L'Oreal Color Riche Balm in Caring Coral: Revlon Lip Butter in Juicy Papaya
My Thoughts: I think this makes my hazel eyes look green. I has mauve on the lid and dark grey on the crease. The eyes are heavily lined. It's a dark, smoky look. I like how she uses a peach blush, rather than a pink blush. It is too much pink if you wear pink on the eye and on the cheeks and lips. I have all of the Revlon Lip Butters! I love the way they feel on the lips. I sprayed Elf Makeup Mist & Set because I thought I looked like I put too much powder on.

5. Soft & Smokey - Naked 3 Makeup Tutorial by MakeupByTiffanyD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAckkx5HhyY
a. Eye Primer
b. Trick, inner half of lower lash line, inner part of lid, inner corner
c. Factory, lid, crease, outer lower lash line
d. Blend it out.
e. Nooner, crease
f. Strange, under brow
g. Darkside, outer crease
h. Blackheart, outer lower lash line, upper lash line
i. Trick, outer crease
j. Mascara
k. Brown Eye Liner, waterline
l. Too Faced Sun Bunny, cheekbones, temples, jaw: NYC Sun 'n Bronze in Fire Island Tan
m. Chanel Lipstick in Radieuse: Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink Pout
n. MAC Lusterglass in Instant Gold: Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Crowd Pleaser
My Thoughts: After doing the eyeshadow, I used makeup remover to clean up the sides of the eyes and the inner corners because I felt like I had too much shadow there. I think I use brushes that are too big for my eyes sometimes. The eyes look golden brown. The cheeks have no blush, but bronzer instead. The lips are pink with a golden sparkle. It does look like a soft, smokey eye.

6. Naked 3 Tutorial: Soft Smokey Eye by Dana Marie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mQ38Cb1lW8
a. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Nude Pink, eyelid: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
b. Limit, crease
c. Burnout, eyelid
d. Blend it out
e. Nooner, crease
f. Liar, outer 1/3 of lid
g. Blend it out
h. Blackheart, outer v
i. Black Gel Liner, upper lash line, wing
j. Blackheart over liner
k. Mascara
l. Blackheart, lower lash line, she says the outer 1/3, but it looks to me like she did the whole lower lash line
m. Concealer
n. Powder
o. Bronzer, cheeks, forehead, neck
p. NARS Blush in Sin: The Balm Blush in Cabana Boy
q. Elf Golden Bronzer, top of cheekbones
r. MAC Lipstick in Angel: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
s. Buxom Lip Gloss in Dolly
My Thoughts: This is a dramatic, purple smokey eye. The cheeks are a warm plum. The lipstick is pink and the lip gloss is a mauvey-plummy pink. I think the mauve colors bring out the green in my hazel eyes. I did do the wing. Practice makes perfect.

7. Naked 3 Soft & Romantic by Nicole Guerriero http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYF-TMVlilc
a. Face Primer
b. Foundation
c. Brows
d. Sigma Eye Shadow Base in Awake: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
e. Strange, browbone
f. Limit, crease
g. Burnout, eyelid
h. Nooner, crease, outer corner
i. Concealer under eyes
j. NARS Laguna, hollows of cheeks: Wet 'n Wild Bronzer in Bikini Contest
k. BH Cosmetics Blush: Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
l. Mascara
m. Nooner, lower lash line
n. Stranger, inner corner
o. Nude Eye Liner, waterline
p. Powder
q. Lip Balm
r. NYX Nude Truffle Lip Liner: Rimmerl Exaggerate Lip Liner in Addiction
s. Lime Crime Lipstick in Coquette: Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pout
t. Bare Escentuals Buxom Lip Gloss in White Russian: NYX Lip Gloss in Frosted Beige
My Thoughts: This has pink on the lids, and mauve in the crease. I didn't put bronzer on because I've been thinking that it looks a little weird on me, when I contour with it. The cheeks are peach, and the lips are a glossy pink. The pink makes the look romantic.

8. GRWM Hair + UD Naked 3 Look by Mrslolalynn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKzNL3Ai_Yk
a. Foundation
b. Concealer
c. Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink, eyelid
d. Burnout, eyelid
e. Buzz, outer half of lid
f. Trick, center of lid
g. Brows
h. Limit, crease
i. Strange, browbone
j. Mugshot, crease, outer portion of lid
k. Darkside, outer corner, little bit into the crease
l. Mugshot and Darkside, lower lash line
m. Nooner, lower lash line
n. Black Eye Liner, waterline, tightline
o. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line, wing
p. Mascara
q. Powder
r. Too Faced Sun Bunny Bronzer, warm up face, cheeks: NYC Sun 'n Bronze in Fire Island Tan
s. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, hollows of cheeks, sides of nose, jaw: NYC Sunny
t. Illamasqua Blush in Naked Rose: Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Rose Silk
u. Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Highlighter, top of cheekbones: The Balm Mary Lou-Manizer
v. Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in East End Snob
w. MAC Angel Lipstick: Revlon Pink Pout
x. NYX Butter Gloss in Eclair: Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Lasting Moisture Lip Gloss in Delicate Mauve
My Thoughts: I did the wing, and I think the liner makes the eyes look glamorous. The lids are pink and the crease is a taupe brown. This look really brings out the green in my eyes. I've just noticed for a lot of these looks I've been using Revlon Pink Pout. It is a blue-toned pink. The lip gloss makes the lips mauve. The blush is rosy. This looks like a good Valentine's Day look.

9. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette Look: Daytime Rose Gold by Beauty Gala http://www.beautygala.com/brands/urban-decay-naked-3-palette-look-daytime-rose-gold/
a. Buzz and Trick on eyelid, blend two together for rose gold
b. Nooner, crease, blending upward
c. Buzz, lower lash line
d. Strange, browbone
e. Nude Eye Liner, waterline
f. Black Eye Liner, small amount upper lash line
My Thoughts: I love rose gold. For bluest I wore Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink. For lips I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pango Peach. It's an easy and pretty look.

10. Soft & Pretty - Naked3 Tutorial by lisettesbeaute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVq9w57-_Yg
a. MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre: Revlon Illuminance Cream Shadows in Not Just Nudes, 1st color
b. Limit, crease
c. Nooner, outer crease
d. Strange, browbone
e. Darkside, outer corner of lid and crease, blend it out
f. Nooner to blend it out
g. Burnout, lid
h. Jumbo Liner in Purple by Sephora, lower lash line, outer upper lash line: Milani Shadow Eyez in Royal Purple
i. Blackheart, over liner upper lash line
j. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
k. Mascara
l. YSL Lip Gloss in 202 Rose Jersey: Bonnebell Lip Lites in Grapefruit
My Thoughts: There is pink on the lid, and purple eye liner. There is a mauve color in the crease. I think this is good for hazel eyes. She didn't say what blush, so I chose a peachy pink one: Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink. This would be a good Valentine's Day look too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!