Monday, June 30, 2014

June Favorites!

This was a good month for me. It is nice to have vacation now. I like how the weather has been mostly sunny here. I hate how the weather has such an effect on me, but I know that I am happier since the sun has been out. I hope you enjoy my June favorites. What were your favorites this month?


1. Equate Walmart Broad Spectrum SPF 50 Ultra Protection Sunscreen Lotion: The sunscreen I was using before was making my skin peel! I thought it was because I had a sunburn, but it didn't make sense. I decided to try a different sunblock, and I asked a lady I work with for a recommendation. She says she uses the Walmart brand, and that it was recommended by Consumer Reports as being one of the best sunblocks! I didn't believe her so I looked up Consumer Reports, and she was right! After using this my skin has not peeled, and I have not got a sunburn! It is inexpensive too!


2. Hawaiian Tropics Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen in Ultra Radiance SPF 30: I didn't really need this, but I heard this gives a glow to the skin and I thought that would be cool to try out. Also, it has the most beautiful scent! So when I put the Equate on, I will put this on top of it for the glow and the nice smell.


3. Essie Nail Lacquer in I'm Addicted: Essie's Summer Collection has about five neon colors. Everywhere I went most of them were sold out! I really wanted the green one, but the blue one looked pretty to me too. I had a picture of this on my hands, but I accidentally deleted it from my computer. I think this is the perfect summer color.


4. Rimmel Stay Matte Primer: I heard people talking about this on Youtube, so I finally caved in and bought it to see what all the hype was about. But this stuff really does keep my face matte! I was really impressed. I have tried a lot of primers, and this is a good one.


5. NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Liquid Foundation in Ivory: I heard about this from macshadowcombos on Youtube. She said this goes on lighter than her skin, but then it blends in and it is a really great foundation. Even though I didn't need it, I was curious to try it. I usually don't have good luck with foundation. But this one is really good! It does look lighter than my skin, but blends in somehow. It helps make the skin matte, but it never looks cakey. This looks good applied with a wet sponge. The only bad thing, is it is very small. I don't know how long this stuff will last me.


6. Maybelline Dream Pure BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector: I tried the BB cream by Maybelline before and I didn't like it because I felt like it made my skin look too oily. This formula doesn't do that. It has 2% Salicylic Acid in it to help fight breakouts. This is what my dermatologist recommends for me, so I know this does work. If you are curious what the 8 things are this is what they are: 1. Clears acne. 2. Conceals imperfections. 3. Minimizes look of pores. 4. Reduces appearance of redness. 5. Adjusts to skin tone. 6. Hydrates and smoothes. 7. Enhances and clarifies. 8. 0% oils and lightweight feel. I think it does all that it claims to do. This makes a great primer if you want heavier coverage, just put a foundation over top. Sometimes a BB cream is nice when you want a lightweight foundation for the summertime.


7. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes: I was using Maybelline The Rocket for a really long time, but I wasn't keeping track of how long I had been using it. I think it was past time and I needed to throw it out. This needs to be thrown out by September. I'm writing this down so I don't forget! I have extra mascaras that I wasn't using. I bought this mascara again because people on Youtube really raved about it. I didn't see what was so special about it. I used it like one time and then tossed it to the side. But this is actually a really great mascara! This might even be better than The Rocket! It gives a lot of volume to my lashes which is the most important thing to me. 


8. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer: I have tried a lot of concealers. I am always on the hunt for the perfect one. Again, this is a purchase because of recommendations on Youtube. It is a light weight concealer, and it works perfectly under my eyes. I don't have really dark under eyes or bags, so I can get away with a light concealer. My Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealers are all done, so I'm using this one up now. I like the Dream Lumi Concealers better. But this one is good too. I don't think it has light reflecting particles in it. It is just a plain concealer.




9. Sephora Disney Storylook Palette in Cinderella: This was the first Storylook palette I got. It has really great quality eye shadows. I want to collect all three storybook palettes. The one I don't have is Jasmine from the Disney movie Alladin. There are a lot of dupes in these palettes for other high end makeup. I love the packaging. 



10. Jordana Easyliner Retractable Pencil for Lips in Tawny: I heard about this through Youtube. Smlx0 uses it a lot. It matches my lips when they are blushing, so this is the perfect color for me. It is a neutral/natural mauve with very little pink or brown undertones. I got this at Walgreens. It is inexpensive.



11. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Blendable Powder Blush in 002 Mauve Cool: This is one of my favorite blushes! It looks very natural on the skin. It is a dupe for NARS Madly. This is a nude glowing blush. It is pinky-beige. I don't have any other blushes like this.



12. Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Cream in St. Lucia: This is the cream version of the popular powder duo. It is a copy of NARS Orgasm and Laguna. I already mentioned that in a monthly favorites. The thing I love about this is the cream bronzer. It is a dupe for the Chanel Bronze Universal. You put it on before you put on a powder bronzer, and it will last for a long time. It is a little dark for my skin tone, so I use a light hand. The cream blush is very pretty too. 

Favorite Songs

Pop Songs
Addicted to You by Avicii
Can You Do This by Aloe Blacc
Fancy by Iggy Azalea
La La La by Naughty Boy
Rude by Magic

Church Songs
All the Earth Will Sing Your Praises
All Because of Jesus by Casting Crowns
Amazed
Beautiful One
Bless the Lord
He Is the Love by David Crowder Band
Holy and Anointed One
I Am Free by Newsboys
In Christ Alone
Jesus Saves
King of Glory by Third Day
Marvelous Light
Open Up Our Eyes by Elevation Worship
Our God by Chris Tomlin
Rise and Sing
Unashamed Love by Jason Morant
When I Survey the Wondrous Cross

Christian Songs
God Gave Me You by Blake Shelton
Hold Me by Jamie Grace
Just Say Jesus by 7eventh Time Down
Me Without You by TobyMac
My Savior Loves, My Savior Lives by Casting Crowns
What Faith Can Do by Kutless
Your Grace Finds Me by Matt Redman

Field Day Songs
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepson
Cupid's Shuffle by Cupid
Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
Life Is A Highway by Rascal Flatts
Roar by Katy Perry

Oldies
Don't Stop by Fleetwood Mac
Funkytown by Lipps, Inc.
Lights by Journey
She's Gone by Hall & Oates

Country
Fast Cars and Freedom by Rascal Flats

I had a lot of favorite songs this month! I didn't realize it until I wrote them all down! Phew! I also enjoyed the music at Vacation Bible School "Wild Animals." I found some of the songs on Youtube. I am sore from doing all the dance moves that went along with it! I like the one where "your love spins me round and round."

And Field Day at the school I work with was so much fun for the kids! They blasted music that was kind of like exercise music. The PE teacher plays music when the kids are in the gym. He has great taste in music. I tried to note down all the songs on his cd, but I didn't get them all.

I hope you liked my June favorites! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!