Saturday, January 17, 2015

Empties: Throw Away or Replace?


1. Downy Unstopables In-Wash Scent Booster in Shimmer: This makes my clothes smell so good! They are little pink beads. You fill up the cap and put it into the washing machine before you put your clothes in. I have repurchased this.


2. Whish Shave Cream: I got this from my Birchbox. It has a pleasant smell and works just as good as any other shaving gel I have tried. I wouldn't repurchase this because a full size is $20 compared to Skintimate which is only $2.99!


3. Rubbing Alcohol: I used this to make a cleaning solution for my brushes. I wouldn't necessarily get this same brand again. I would buy whichever one is the better deal.


4. Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Nourishing Styling Treatment: I put this on my hair when I got out of the shower to get rid of frizz. This worked just ok. I wouldn't repurchase this.


5. Herbal Essences Smooth Collection Conditioner: This smells like roses. The conditioner works just like you want a conditioner to work. It smooths out the hair and makes it shiny. I repurchased this, but I have found that I am getting tired of the smell. It has a very strong scent, which is pleasant if you want to smell roses. Even though this is a good product, I think the next time I get a shampoo and conditioner, I will find something with a different scent.


6. Tocca Simone Eau de Parfum: I think this smells really good. I just had a little one time use sample of this. I recommend it. This is what Sephora's website says the notes are: apple, watermelon, lemon, calypsone, frangipani, ylang-ylang, rose petals, freesia, creamy lactones, blonde woods, musk, amber, and nirvanolide. It smells fruity and florally, which is what I normally like from a perfume. Sephora says the style is "breezy, playful and sparkling." I could see that being true. I wouldn't buy this because I already have so many perfumes and samples I still need to use up.


7. Lush Snowman Shower Jelly: This is a jelly type substance that is supposed to be a soap for the body or hair. I didn't like it. It didn't lather, and I didn't feel clean. I don't like the jelly texture, other than it felt good to squish it as a stress reliever. I wouldn't get a jelly from Lush again.


8. Got2B Guardian Angel Heat Protect: I liked this when I first got it, and it did the job. But I kept hearing people talk about how much they liked the Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Leave-In Spray. I got that, and I like it a lot better than Guardian Angel. It smells better, and it also gives my hair more volume. I wouldn't repurchase Guardian Angel.


9. Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet: I went to Sephora to find makeup to help with my oily skin problem, and the girl there said I might need to moisturize my face better at night. She gave me a sample of this, and she said that she uses it. It is really moisturizing. I liked the way it felt on my skin, and it smells nice. I ordered the full size. After using it awhile, I feel like I could find a face lotion at the drugstore that would work just as well. I won't be repurchasing this.


10. Mireness iCurl Secret Weapon 24 HR Mascara: I got this from my Birchbox. I think this does hold the curl in my lashes, but it doesn't give the volume I want. I will stick to Maybelline The Rocket Mascara. 

I hope you found this helpful! Have you made an empties blog post? If you have leave a comment with the link down below. I would like to see it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!