Saturday, January 3, 2015

December 2014 Favorites

Favorite TV Show


Once Upon A Time: I remember when this tv show first came out, I was excited to watch it, and I watched several episodes, but I got turned off because I felt like it was too over dramatic, too much like a soap opera. Then recently I had watched several youtube videos of people saying their favorite TV show of the month was Once Upon A Time. People were singing it's praises. One girl, I don't remember who said she loved the storyline between Emma and Captain Hook. She thought they made a good couple, and she showed a picture from the show and Captain Hook looked really cute. I decided I should start watching that show again. lol! It is On Demand, and also I found it on Netflix with all the episodes! The beginning of December I started watching from the first episode. I haven't watched all of them yet. I'm still on season 2. The show is still on air, and the new episodes will begin in March, so I have plenty of time to get caught up. I have always loved fairy tales. I love it when people rewrite fairy tales, and put a new spin on them. This show puts a reality element to the stories. It is like a soap opera, but I think it is well written, and has good acting. My favorite character is Emma, which is Snow White's daughter that is supposed to break the curse. You know when you see a character in a movie or TV Show or book, and you want to be that character? Somehow they inspire you? That is what Emma is like for me. She is strong, and can tell if someone is lying. She is not quick to believe in fairy tales. She is one tough cookie!

Favorite Movies


1. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1: This is the first part of 2 for the last book in The Hunger Games Trilogy. I remember when I read these books, I read them aloud to my mom and we both would be so excited and the endings of each book, we had to hurry and read the next one. The books end on cliff hangers. It has been such a long time since I read these books, that now when the movies come out, I don't remember what will happen so I'm still feeling suspense while watching the movie. This movie actually gave me chills because it was so moving to me. This is around the same time that the protesting was going on in New York about the man that got choked by the police officer. I felt like this movie correlated with that somehow. I guess just that people were standing up for what they believed in. The ending was so surprising to me! I won't say what happened, I'll just say that it made me jump! I think the movie should have ended then to make it a good cliff hanger.


2. Sleeping Beauty: This movie was available On Demand, and my mom wanted to watch it with me. This was one of my favorite movies as a child. It had been awhile since I've seen it. I love the three fairies! I like the part when they bake the cake, make her dress, and clean the house with magic. I also like the Tchaikovsky Sleeping Beauty music. I think it is so cool they took the ballet and put words to it. I think this is a romantic, beautiful tale. I think you should be careful what age you allow a child to see this movie! Malificent is pretty scary! I remember this movie was like my first horror show as a child. It was nice seeing this movie again. I love watching TV shows and movies with my mom.

Favorite Songs

1. Lorde - Yellow Flicker Beat
2. Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
3. Ariana Grande - Love Me Harder
4. Meghan Trainor - All About That Base
5. A Charlie Brown Christmas - Christmas Time Is Here
6. Christina Aguilera - This Christmas
7. Demi Lovato - Wonderful Christmas Time
8. Celine Dion - Oh Holy Night

Favorite Nail Polishes


1. Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Holiday Rebel: These are red and green glitters. I wore it over a black polish, Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Inkwell. It is just a festive kind of polish for Christmas time. 


2. OPI Nail Laquer in I Snow You Love Me: I think I got this last year. I think it was in the Mariah Carey collection. They are huge glitters. It reminds me of a big snowflake. I wore this over a light blue nail polish, Sinful Colors Nail Polish in Cinderella. It was a nice winter nail look.

Beauty Favorites



1. Too Faced Beauty Wishes & Sweet Kisses: Too Faced every year comes out with the coolest makeup palettes at Christmas time. This year I decided to get most of them. I didn't get the Carousel or the lipsticks. This palette has three eyeshadows from the popular Chocolate Bar Palette. It smells like chocolate! They are really good quality eyeshadows. It also comes with the Chocolate Soleil bronzer, which I have already mentioned in a monthly favorites. I think it is a good bronzer to contour with because it is matte and several tones darker than my skin color. It is very pigmented. It also comes with the Snow Bunny bronzer, which has shimmer and is a pretty highlight. Then it comes with a lip gloss. Each of these things are sold separately, so if you are like me and don't have any of these things, you will like it. 



2. Too Faced Sugar & Spice Palette: This has the same gold glitter and the inside is like the other palettes. This is a great neutral palette. It has good quality eyeshadows. I really didn't need another neutral palette, but I knew this would have good quality eyeshadows in it.  The 2nd row, 3rd color is a dupe for MAC's Woodwinked. 



3. Too Faced Everything Nice Palette: Again, this has great quality eyeshadows. It has a pink and a peach blush, the Chocolate Soleil bronzer, and a highlight. There are three brushes. I don't like the big brush. I don't find much use for it. The two little brushes are good. Underneath the brushes is a book that gives you some look ideas. I like the design on the front. I think I will get a lot of use from these palettes.


4. Elf Hydrating Under Eye Primer: I find that Elf products are either a hit or miss. Sometimes I find jewels. This is a jewel! It is great to have something to hydrate under the eyes and make the concealer go on smoothly without creasing. I like the ingredients it has too. It has Vitamins C & E, Shea, Green Tea, Aloe, and Ginko Biloba to nourish and condition the skin. It is supposed to reduce the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and wrinkles. I think this does work!

I hope you had a good Christmas and New Year or whatever holiday it is you celebrate. It is good to have a fresh start that the new year brings. May God richly bless you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!