Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November Birchbox

I saved my Birchbox to open last because I usually like it better than the IPSY bag, but this month I like what I got in my IPSY bag better than the Birchbox.



This is what the card says: "Hi there, Thanksgiving has always been our favorite holiday, and not just because of the obvious food reasons. We're all so busy - with work, with friends, with mastering our makeup techniques - that we sometimes forget to stop and be mindful of how lucky we are. This month's box is all about giving: giving thanks, giving back, and of course giving treats. Inside, you'll find exciting products that we think you'll love. And instead of our usual tissue wrapping, we've included a reusable gift envelope. Fill it with a treat - a cute bauble, or perhaps a beauty product - and give it to someone special. See? You can have your cake (ahem, pumpkin pie?) and eat it too."

Then at the bottom it says, "This month, Birchbox is supporting The Art of Elysium, a non-profit that encourages actors, artists, designers and musicians to dedicate their time and talent to children who are battling various medical conditions. Learn more and shop gift picks from The Art of Elysium's celebrity supporters at birchbox.com/TheArtofElysium." I like how they are supporting a good cause.


1. The first thing I saw in the box after the card was a holiday gift guide. This is just a catalog of stuff you can buy from their website. I haven't bought anything from their website yet.


2. Masqueology 7D Moisture Cream: "Use this patented cream day and night to increase production of vitamin D and stimulate collagen." I'm funny about my face. I like to use the stuff my dermatologist gives me.

3. Masqueology Masque Cleanse: "Who needs champagne when you have this bubbly face wash? It whisks away debris to leave skin pure and clean (cue celebration)." Again, I like what I already use.


4. Then I found this package. On the other side it says, "Give Instructions: Choose someone special. Empty pouch. Load it back up with something that will make that special someone smile." Then on the other side (if you can't read it) it says, "A Little Something For You! Because...you're the cat's pajamas, I thought you'd love it, why not? sharing is caring, today is special. And P.S. xoxo, thanks! see you soon." I don't think I will use this for a package for anybody. I just don't like the way it looks, I guess.


5. One Love Organics Aromatic Body Serum: "Made with pumpkin seed and sea buckthorn oil, this fast-absorbing oil keeps skin supple and hydrated. Bonus: it has aromatherapy benefits!" One thing to know if you are thinking about getting a subscription to Birchbox. You will get tons of oils and perfumes!


6. MCMC Fragrances Phoenix: "We convinced our favorite Brooklyn-based perfumer to create exclusive samples of this warm feminine scent use for you." The notes are aldehydes, peach, neroli flower, and vanilla. I can really smell the peach. It's a nice fragrance.


7. Masqueology Revitalizing Eye: "No matter how sleep-deprived you are, these under-eye gel masks will de-puff and brighten your eye area with hydrolyzed collagen, adenosine, and marine actives." Another thing from Masqueology?! I guess it's ok. I don't really need this. I will probably give this to someone who will be happy about it.


8. A coupon from it appears to be a shoe company. I don't think I will use it.


9. Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer: "Add a touch of this luminescent fluid to your cheekbones or décolletage, or mix with your foundation for an all-over glow." This looks pretty. Sorry the picture is blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!