Saturday, August 30, 2014

August Favorites

Favorite Movies


1. Lucy: This is an action type of a movie. The beginning was really shocking to me. I didn't know that people were used to transport drugs into other countries. The drugs are put into people's organs! That way they can get through security in the airports. Lucy is an innocent girl who gets kidnapped and they put a new kind of drug into her organs. She is supposed to go to a country in Europe, and do whatever it is they tell her to do, and she will be given back her freedom. What happens is the drug leaks, and the drug causes her to start using more and more of her brain. She turns into a super hero type person. As the movie goes on you see Morgan Freeman's character is a scientist/professor who is studying about how much percent of the brain people use. He says people use only 10% of their brains, so what would happen if they used more? Lucy shows what happens. It is a very exciting movie. And it feels good to see her get revenge on all her enemies.


2. The Giver: I read this book I think a long time ago, maybe in jr. high. I can't remember that well. I read it a second time in graduate school for a children's literature course. This movie is based on an award winning book. At one of the schools I worked at it was required reading for the 6th grade class. I heard this was one of the first dystopian novels, so before The Hunger Games and Divergent, there was The Giver. It takes place in the future, and there is a supposedly perfect society. But there are a lot of secrets to this society, and the main character (the boy) gets to learn the secrets. The more he learns the more he realizes how imperfect his society really is. This is a really good book. I recommend reading the book. I think the actors did a good job in the movie. Jeff Bridges plays The Giver, and Meryl Streep plays the leader of the society. The boy is the main character, and the girl is the love interest.

Beauty Products


1. Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Makeup in 1W1 Bone: This is the lightest shade for warm skin coloring. I like this foundation because it has full coverage. I have a lot of acne scars that I want to cover. I have gotten this foundation before, but they changed the formula and when I got it a second time I was mismatched so I didn't like the foundation because it was the wrong color. If you go to the Estee Lauder website, you can get color matched and it will help you find the right foundation for your coloring and what you want. I found the color that was right for me, and then I went to the counter and told them exactly what I wanted. I have an Estee Lauder at my local Nordstrom's. 


2. L'Oreal Magic Lumi Highlighter in Fair: I heard about this concealer from Chanelette's Youtube videos. I needed to repurchase an under eye concealer, and instead of getting Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer, I decided to try out the L'Oreal one because Chanelette raved about it so much. I really like it! I like it better than the Maybelline one. It does a good job covering my under eye discoloration, and it blends out nicely. 


3. Julie G Nail Color in 9 to 5: This is a bright, neon orange color. This is a pretty color for the summer. 

That is all my beauty products I liked for the month! I tried out a lot of products, but there weren't many I could say were my favorite. 

Favorite Songs
1. Charity Vance - Love Me
2. Jamie Grace - Beautiful Day
3. Britt Nicole - Gold
4. The Romantics - What I Like About You
5. Tenth Avenue North - Losing
6. Danny Gokey - Hope in Front of Me
7. Natalie Grant - Held
8. Chris Tomlin - Waterfall
9. Francesca Battistelli - He Knows My Name

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!