Friday, August 15, 2014

My First NatureBox


I ordered this monthly subscription box not to long ago, and I am surprised at how fast it came! I chose everything I wanted to get. This is a box full of healthy snacks. The bags are bigger than I thought they would be! One bag contains 5 servings! This is the mission of NatureBox: "At NatureBox, we believe snacking can be part of a well-balanced lifestyle, which is why we deliver a world of carefully sourced and nutrionist-approved foods right to your door. Made from the most wholesome ingredients - with no artificial sweeteners, flavors or colors - we make snacking healthy, delicious and easy."

I heard about Nature Box on Youtube from several people. Juicystar07 gets a NatureBox every month, and has a discount code for $10 off. It depends what kind of subscription you want to get how much it costs. If you want to get a box every month you can get a deal where each box costs $15.99 per month, but you have to pay for a years worth. I didn't know if I wanted to do that, so I just did it for 1 month. I might unsubscribe like I did for the Love for Food Box. So in total I payed $9.95.

I chose everything I wanted in my box, but you can choose to be surprised if you want to. You can also say the kind of food you want like salty/sweet/spicy/tart and if you have any allergies. You can say what your dietary needs are gluten conscious, 15g carbs or less, no sugar added, vegan, soy free, milk free, non gmo, or nut free.

I say what it is and then give my review. It should be interesting my review because I can be a picky eater. Just because I don't like something doesn't mean the product is bad, it just didn't suit my picky taste buds.



1. Honey Dijon Pretzels - Honey Mustard Flavored Pretzel Bites: This is in the category dairy-free and savory. The servings per container is 5. This is what it says on the back of the bag: "It's the fourth quarter and your team is just a few free throws and a three-pointer behind. Meanwhile, the snack attack is creeping on so you grab these pretzels from your bag. The slight sweetness of honey is the perfect complement to that mustardy kick - and this snack is the perfect complement to the thrilling game." 
Review: I don't know why I got these. I don't really like dijon mustard. I like pretzels. The pretzel tastes good and so does the sweetness of the honey, but I just don't like dijon mustard. It's not the snack's fault. I will give this bag to my dad. I think next time I will get the Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops.



2. Baked Cheddar Potato Fries - Cheddar and Potato Crackers: This is in the category 15g carbs or less, soy-free, wheat-free, nut-free, and savory. The servings per container is 4. This is what it says on the back of the bag: "During the commute home, your stomach starts to grumble. You start to lament your too-light lunch but you remember these Baked Cheddar Potato Fries tucked away in your bag! It has the satisfyingly savory flavors of the classic French fry without the guilt so you can snack smarter without spoiling your appetite."
Review: I didn't like these either. I think I thought these would taste like cheesy chips. The cheese doesn't taste good to me. And they are hard and crispy, not like warm, soft french fries. I guess I like the fattening kind of French fries. I will give this bag to someone who likes it.



3. Sea Salt Pop Pops - Sea Salted Popcorn Kernels: The categories for this is dairy-free, wheat-free, nut-free, savory, and vegan. There are 4 servings in the bag. The back of the bag says, "It's your favorite time of the week - movie night! You pour a tall glass of that ice-cold cucumber-infused water and reach for this half-popped goodness for the ultimate treat. With a pinch of sea salt, these Pop Pops are seasoned to your satisfaction and the perfect pair to every show."
Review: I do like these. These tasted like the popcorn that hasn't been popped all the way and is really crunchy. They are nice and salty too. The ingredients is whole corn, soybean or sunflower oil, and sea salt. This to me tastes better than the popcorn you buy at the movies. I don't know if I will repurchase these though because I think I want to order all new things or maybe not get a box at all.



4. Cinnamon Swirl Kettle Kernels - Cinnamon Roasted Corn Kernels: These fall into the category of soy-free, wheat-free, nut-free, sweet, and low sodium. The serving size is 4.5. The back of the bag says, "What do you do on a Monday afternoon, when your busy workflow and snack attack are at their peak? Sneak off to that kitchen cupboard and reach for these Cinnamon Swirl Kettle Kernels. Crunchy and oh-so-slightly sweet, you'll be amped up to tackle the rest of your day in no time. And that endless to-do list? Easy peasy.
Review: These taste so good! They remind me of a snack I used to love as a child. Corn Nuts! But they are sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar! These would be another good snack for watching a movie with. I would repurchase these.



5. Cheddar and Onion Sunflower Kernels: The categories for this are 15g carbs or less, soy-free, wheat-free, nut-free, and savory. There is 4.5 servings per container. This is what the back of the bag says, "The afternoon snack attack hits and you're not sure exactly what you want. Maybe it's nut mix, maybe it's crackers. Whatever the case, you want it savory and cheesy. Reach for these Cheddar and Onion Sunflower kernels! Tear open the bag and prepare for some serious flavor and major snack-happiness."
Review: I like these. These taste like flavored sunflower seeds. The cheese taste in this doesn't taste bad to me.

Also, what is neat about these bags is they are resealable. I am trying to eat healthier, so hopefully these snacks will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!