Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Cheaper Alternatives to a Summery/Fall Look by Casey Holmes




I don't get any of this makeup sent to me.

1. Tape eyes. Watch the video to see how she does it.

2. Cream shade to match skin tone, to set her eyes. I put on eye primer.

3. Shade mixing cream and orange. For a good matte orange I used the Milani Bella Eye Shadow in Mandarin. That's an affordable one from the drugstore. She put this in the crease.

4. Matte orange-yellow shadow. I took the yellow brow bone shade in Wet 'n Wild's Poster Child and mixed it with Peanut Butter in the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar Palette. She put this in the crease and outer corner next to the tape.

5. I didn't have a bright matte orange, so I mixed the red and yellow shades in my Wet 'n Wild Poster Child palette. I think it is still available.

6. She used a matte green, a forest sort of shade. And put next to the orange on her lid. I used a green I have from one of the Maybelline palettes. I'm not sure if they still have it. It is Maybelline Color Explosion in Forest Fury.

7. It looks like she is browning up the orange in her outer crease and so I'm mixing a brown with another matte orange I have. Both are from Kat Von D's Monarch Palette. The two colors on the left of the palette.

8. Bright matte yellow on the inner part of the lid. I used the yellow in the Wet 'n Wild Poster Child palette. It isn't as pigmented as the shadow she used, but I just got a lot of the product onto my brush and made it work.

9. Blend in the yellow to the other colors, but don't blend it away too much.

10. I added more brown into the outer crease and crease. Just a little to get it to match her's.

11. Pull off tape.

12. Brown liquid liner upper lash line, wing. Just follow the line that your eye shadow made that the tape revealed. I didn't have the same brown as she did, but my cheaper alternative is Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner in Deep Brown.

13. Face Primer

14. Foundation

15. Concealer

16. Powder. She used a sponge. Just put it onto the concealer to set it into place. Then a big powder brush for the rest of the face.

17. Contour (I skipped contour).

18. Blush. She used Tarte Blush in Sensual. I used Milani Powder Blush in Romantic Rose. It is the blush with the rose embossed to it.

19. Golden highlight, tops of cheekbones, around the eye, also above eyebrow, cupid's bow

20. Eye Brows

21. She put on false lashes. I curled my lashes and put on mascara.

22. Brown eye shadow on lower lash line. I used the same brown used on my lid.

23. Yellow around the tear ducts of my eyes, using a pencil brush, and the same color I used for my lid.

24. Lip Liner. I used a rose one. Jordana's Easy Liner for Lips in Rock 'n' Rose.

25. Nude Liquid Lipstick. I used Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Seduction.

26. Peach Lip Topper - You can also use a peach lip gloss, and get the same effect. Jordana Lip Out Loud Gloss in TTYL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!