Sunday, December 18, 2011

Too Faced In Your Dreams Palette Dupes

I love Too Faced palettes. I think it is the packaging that appeals to me. It is so girly and cute. I went to Sephora and found myself really liking Too Faced new palettes. I went to Too Faced website and looked more closely at them. At the website I found a spot that showed the face charts that went with the new palette I had my eye on! Once I find the face charts and I know what kind of colors are in the palettes then I can dupe them! I don't have this palette so I can't say for sure that my dupes are exactly like the palette. I will include the colors, so you can find what dupes you have. This way it is like you have the palette, but you didn't have to buy it. Now that I know what colors I have, I don't want the palette. I still think the packaging is super cute though.

First I will share the dupes for the eye shadows, blushes, and lip glosses. Then I will tell you the face charts, and my thoughts for how each look looks on my face.

Eye Shadows
1. Full Moon (silver): My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection in Blue Had Me at Hello, 2nd color (use this color very lightly).

2. Dream On (dark purple): My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection in Petal Pusher, 3rd color.

3. Seduce (dark black navy): My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection in Blue Had Me at Hello, 7th color.

4. Pink Peacock (pale pink): My dupe is Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio for Hazels, pink color.

5. Swing (plum brown): My dupe is L'Oreal HIP Studio Secrets Professional Metallic Shadow in Electrified, right side.

6. Fishnet (silver black): My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow in Lust, 5th color.

7. Silk Stockings (matte ecrue): My dupe is Almay Intense i-Color Powder Shadow Trio for Hazels, cream color.

8. La Cage (golden brown): My dupe is Maybelline Expert Wear in Enchanted Forest, brown color.

9. Rapture (chocolate brown): My dupe is Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow in Sunbaked Neutrals, bottom row, first color.

Blushes
1. You Hold the Key (natural peach): My dupe is Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso.

2. Girly Show (cool mauve): My dupe is Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Blusher in Mellow Wine.

3. Wanna Play? (soft pink): My dupe is Cover Girl Cheekers in Natural Twinkle.

Lip Glosses
1. Heart On (pink velvet): My dupe is Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow.

2. Pink Ice (mauve shimmer): My dupe is Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Lasting Moisture Lip Gloss in Delicate Mauve.

3. Give It Up (pink sugar): My dupe is Elf Hypershine Lip Gloss in Fairy.

Natural Beauty
1. Sweep Silk Stockings onto lid. Blend La Cage into crease. Apply Rapture to upper lash line and extend outward.
2. Apply Wanna Play? on the outer apples of the cheeks.
3. Gloss lips with Give It Up.
My Thoughts: It's a really natural look. I think it's pretty.

Feminine Flirty
1. Press Pink Peacock onto lid. Blend Swing into the crease and outer lid. Line upper and lower lash lines with Fishnet and blend.
2. Pop Girly Show onto the apples of cheeks.
3. Frost lips with Pink Ice.
My Thoughts: This look is really pretty, but I don't think it suits someone with my coloring. I think it is more suited for dark skin. There are a lot of cool colors in this look, so it could look good on someone who has more of a cool tone to their skin.

Seductively Smokey
1. Sweep Full Moon from crease to brow. Press Dream On onto the entire lid then blend. Smoke upper and lower lash lines with Seduce.
2. Sweet You Hold the Key onto the hollows of the cheeks.
3. Blend Heart On with Pink Ice and apply to lips.
My Thoughts: I look like a clown. The eyes aren't too bad, but you have to be light handed with the silver from the crease to brow. The lips are pretty, but I think it is too much with the dramatic eye. This is a look to wear out at night probably.

There was also a tutorial on the Too Faced website to go with the palette. You can find that here if you want to: http://www.toofaced.com/gtl-1096-only-in-your-dreams.aspx

1. Sweep Pink Peacock from lash to brow. Blend Dream On into crease and outer lid then repeat with a light application of Fishnet over top. Next, press Silk Stockings onto eyelid. Finish by lining the top and lower lash lines with Seduce.
2. Apply Wanna Play? on the outer apples of the cheeks.
3. Blend Heart On and Give It Up and apply to lips using your finger or lip brush.
My Thoughts: The eyes look muddy. At least the colors I used don't mesh well together. Maybe in the palette they work better. I like how they use a light blush with it. That way the cheeks aren't competing with the eyes and giving a clown look. The lips are pretty and aren't competing either. My finished look didn't look like the model in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!