Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Yay, I got my Birchbox in the mail today!
1. When you take the top off this is what you see. This is what the card says, "Hi there, Blame the school calendar, but every June we still get giddy about dusting off our suitcases and planning an itinerary. And even when we can't hop on a plane, train, or automobile, we're getting our fix in other ways - transporting films, glossy mags, and of course travel-friendly beauty products. This month's box is devoted to products that will indulge your inner jet setter, from hardy formulas that can last though out a long-haul flight to important finds that we've picked up on our global adventures. For starters, we're introducing you to one of our carry-on staples: an ultra-flattering stain for cheeks and lips. Hop online to watch videos of these products in action, find out about the latest trends, and get inspired for your next trip."
2. This is what it looked like underneath the card. So exciting!
3. What?! A product for a man? No way! Well, it is Father's Day on Sunday so I guess I could give my dad a little present. This is what the card says, "Birchbox Man Extra: John Varvatos Star USA: In honor of Father's Day, we've included this dapper cologne, a blend of ginger, juniper berries, and vetiver. Pass it on to a lucky guy friend or family member." I don't know if my dad likes it. He just keeps saying "Ewww!" because it said Eu de toilet on the sample. e.e
4. "Lifestyle Extra: tili bags: Breeze through airport security with these too-cute plastic bags. They're perfectly sized for storing all your travel essentials (and beauty samples)." I may use this when I go to the beach this summer.
5. "Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask: This targeted sheet mask shrinks visible pores while amping up your skin's moisture levels. Use it daily and - if you're brave - during your next flight." This looks so cool. I'm definitely trying it. I love masks where you get to peel it off.
6. "Comodynes Self-Tanning Intensive: Who needs the sun when you can get a safe, build able, and natural-looking tan with these bestselling European towelettes?" I have to admit I'm sort of scared to self-tan because I'm afraid of looking orange or messing it up some how. I guess it wouldn't hurt just to try. I'm glad they gave two samples.
7. "theBalm cosmetics Stainiac in Beauty Queen: We're crazy about this two-in-one lip and cheek stain: the sheer gel formula delivers a subtle, long-wearing flush." I heard about this! I'm exited I got this. I need to try it out before I go on vacation. This would be perfect to bring on a trip. It's long lasting and I wouldn't need to bring two different makeup items.
8. stila one step bronze: Fake an island glow with this three-in-one bronzer, primer, and serum. It also keeps your skin's oil production in check." I don't know how I feel about this. I like the brand. I don't know how it will look on me. I'm so fair, I'm afraid bronzer looks weird on me.
I'm happy about the box. I feel like an experimenter or explorer trying out these new items.