Sunday, April 21, 2013
I Love Music Tag
I saw this tag done on uglyfaceTV, Grace's channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6m86ppY7HA. She made it up. I think music is beautiful, and I have wanted to somehow incorporate music on my blog because it is a beautiful diversion of life. Some people include their favorite song of the month. It is so hard for me to do that because I love music so much. It's hard for me to choose! I have a notebook I keep in my car, and whenever I hear a song on the radio that I really like, I write down the lyrics in my notebook as I drive (I know it's kind of dangerous, but I promise I'm careful!). Then when I get home I look up the song on my computer. Then if I really like it I buy it. I could keep track of the songs I download in a month and try to choose my favorite that way, or just share the songs I downloaded that month. I don't know. Sometimes it is embarrassing the songs I listen to. I don't always listen to the most popular songs. I love to listen to the oldies radio station because to me they are like brand new songs, since I've never heard them before sometimes, and sometimes they sound really good.
I wanted to try to do this tag, but I knew it would be really hard for me because I like a lot of music it's hard for me to narrow it down to just one favorite song. Just because I say just one song, doesn't mean I will feel the same way tomorrow. This is just how I am feeling the moment I am writing this post.
It may say for just one song, but I will list more than one. And I may forget songs.
1. Why do you like music? I love music because it lifts my spirits up. I am very sensitive. I can get very depressed. Music can make me feel good when I am feeling down. It is like magic. It is like a mood altering drug. It is like a piece of artwork. It is so creative. I can't believe people can create it. It is incredible. It's also fun to play an instrument. I used to play the piano and the violin. It's fun to bond with other people. It's fun to dance to. Music makes life more enjoyable.
2. Name a song that inspires you the most. Lean On Me by Bill Withers, Jesus Take the Wheel by Carrie Underwood, Ooh Child by The Five Stairsteps, Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns, I Can See Clearly Now by Johnny Nash, The Impossible Dream by Luther Vandross, Legacy by Nichole Nordeman, Call On Jesus by Nicole C. Mullen
3. Name a song that makes you feel sexy. Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood, Goodies by Ciara, Brick House by The Commodores, At Last by Etta James, The Boys by Girl's Generation, Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet, SexyBack by Justin Timberlake, Don't Cha by The Pussycat Dolls, Buttons by The Pussycat Dolls, (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones), Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolf, Scream by Usher, OMG by Usher, More by Usher, Time of the Season by The Zombies
4. Favourite song of all time? ugh...That is so hard to pick. Drift Away by Dobie Gray, Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
5. Which song is your guilty pleasure? Any song by In Sync or The Backstreet Boys
6. Name a song that always makes you cry? I can't think of any song that makes me cry.
7. Name a song that you dislike/hate? I don't really like the songs my Dad listens to. He likes songs by The Cathedral Quartet. Sometimes I feel like the music he listens to sounds like old people singing, and sometimes they sing really loud like they are competing to see who can sing the loudest. He likes to listen to the Gaither's Homecoming, where they all sit in a room singing together. Sometimes someone will do a solo and it sounds good, but usually it wont sound good.
8. Think of your childhood. What song springs to mind? I loved Whitney Houston and Janet Jackson. My favorite song was How Will I Know? by Whitney Houston
9. Favourite era & genre of music? On the radio I like to listen to the new music station which will play pop, rock, and r&b, dance. I like the easy listening/love music station, which is a little bit older. Then I like the real oldies station which plays 60s, 70s, and 80s. Sometimes I will listen to country, but I don't like it as much as I use to, I've found. I liked classical music better when I played it. I appreciated it better that way. Pretty much, I like it if it sounds good, it doesn't matter what genre it is.
10. Favourite song RIGHT now? I heard this on the oldies station. I had never heard it before, but it went straight to my soul! I loved it so much! Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers. You have to look it up on Youtube, if you haven't heard it. I will include a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBKcAc8VpIw
11. If a song was to describe you, what song would that be? This is a hard question. The song that first came to me made me laugh. It doesn't really describe me. Evil Woman by Electric Light Orchestra lol! I can't think! Girls Just Want To Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper would describe one side of me. Crazy by Gnarls Barkley would describe another side of me. American Honey by Lady Antebellum reminds me of me.
I hope you like this tag! You should do it too! I tag you if you want to do it!