Friday, April 26, 2013

Urban Decay Ammo Shadowbox Palette Looks

In February there was a sale on Urban Decay palettes on Hautelook.com. I was so happy to get a bunch of palettes for a good price. The price is originally $34. I got it for $19! I love Hautelook.com, so much. I find myself going there everyday now, looking to see if there is anything I like going on sale. Once I found the palettes, I searched on Youtube for good looks I could copy. Unfortunately, I had trouble finding them. This was one of the palettes I had a hard time finding looks. The good thing is that this is such a classic palette, I will always be using these shadows. This palette comes with Smog, Mildew, Oil Slick, Last Call, Chopper, Maui Wowie, Shattered, Polyester Bride, Grifter, and Sin. They are very beautiful colors.




I didn't find many looks, but the looks I did find I will include them for you. I tried to dupe this palette before, here is the link: http://beautydiversion.blogspot.com/search/label/urban%20decay%20eyeshadow%20ammo%20shadow%20box.

These are the products I used for each look that I didn't mention for each tutorial.
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion
Concealer: Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Radiant
Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof in Very Black (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof in Very Black (bottom lashes)
Black Gel Liner: Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner in Blackest Black
Black Eye Liner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero
Face Primer: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Magic Perfecting Base
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Normal/Dry Skin in Ivory
Powder: Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light
Lip Balm: Burt's Bees Nourishing Lip Balm with Mango Butter
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black

1. Tutorial: Shimmering Neutral Eyes (Using Urban Decay Ammo Palette) by saaammage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xXkGx8TT5U
a. Eye Primer
b. Maui Wowie, tearducts, inner 1/2 of lid
c. Chopper, outer half of lid
d. clean blending brush and blend the two colors together, blend colors upward slightly above crease
e. pencil brush, Smog, draw a v, outer corner of lid into crease (I recommend watching video for this)
f. Blend these colors together
g. Too Faced Heaven under brows: Wet 'n Wild Brûlée
h. Black Eye Liner, lower lash line, tight line
i. Oil Slick, set liner
j. Black gel liner upper lash line
k. Mascara
My Thoughts: She doesn't say what to wear for blush or lips. I wore Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink Blush and Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in Bellini. The Smog was hard to do. Watch the video.

2. Urban Decay Ammo Palette - Nudes by juicystar07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e86W3B9ZpA8
a. Eye Primer
b. Maui Wowie, eyelids
c. Smog, outer half of lid and crease
d. Oil Slick, little bit outer corner and blend it out
e. Polyestor Bride under brow
f. Sin, inner corner
g. Black eyeliner, upper lash line
h. Smog, lower lash line
i. Mascara
j. MAC Peachy Keen Blush: Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
k. MAC Cult Fave Lip Gloss: Elf Hypershine Lip Gloss in Fairy
My Thoughts: I like this look, but to be honest, I find Juicystar to be annoying for some reason. That's why I don't feature very many of her tutorials.

3. Ammo Palette - Forest (Quiet Blue and Green) by juicystar07 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfr7xURXSm8
a. Eye Primer, lower lash line too
b. Shattered, inner half of lid
c. Mildew, outer half of lid, crease, blend it out
d. Smog, outside and crease, blend it out
e. Oil Slick, right in the crease, outside corner, blend it out
f. Polyester Bride, under brow
g. More Mildew into the outer corner in case you lost it
h. MAC So There Jade Eye Liner, waterline, inner corner: Jesse's Girl Kohl Formula Eyeliner in Emerald City
i. Black Eyeliner, top lash line
j. pencil brush, Mildew lower lash line
k. Mascara
l. MAC Beauty Powder Blush in Sweetness: Maybelline Pinch O' Pink
m. Lip Balm
n. MAC Wonderstruck Lusterglass: Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pink Afterglow
My Thoughts: The eyes look really cool. I was afraid to put on Smog and Oil Slick, but if you watch the video she explains really well what to do. Shattered is one of my favorite colors.

4. Urban Decay Show Pony Shadow Box & Tutorial by TheCurrentCustom http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grKmJYnEbno
She wasn't using the Ammo palette, but this palette has Mildew just like the Ammo palette. Urban Decay palettes tend to have repeat shadows in them. I will give you the dupes.
a. Urban Decay Snatch, eyelid: 2nd shade in Wet 'n Wild Comfort Zone
b. Urban Decay Mildew, crease: I used the black Elf Contour Brush (which is small). A good dupe for this color is the 2nd color on the right side of Wet 'n Wild's Comfort Zone.
c. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line, wing
d. Mascara
My Thoughts: Don't put too much Mildew in the crease. I think it looks bad. I had to go back and remove, and then just put a little on. It also looks good when you give yourself a wing. She doesn't say what blush or lipstick she used, but to me it looks like she has peach cheeks and nude lips. I used Covergirl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach. For lips I used Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee.

5. Sinfully Neutral: My Everyday Eye Look Tutorial by XUrbanBellaX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQevULlyEhk
a. Eye Primer
b. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Sparkle Nude, eyelid: I skipped this step.
c. Sin, eyelid
d. Urban Decay Tease, crease: Mac Quarry
e. Urban Decay Foxy, underbrow: Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 1st color
f. Smog, crease
g. Urban Decay Vanilla, browbone: 4th shade in Wet 'n Wild Lust
h. Smog, outercorner blend into Sin
i. Polyester Bride, inner corner
j. Black Liquid Liner
k. Black Eye Liner tightline, waterline
l. Mascara top lashes
m. Chocolate brown shadow outer 1/3 of lower lash line: The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude in Matt Garcia
n. Tease, middle lower lashes, Mac Quarry
o. Sin, inner corner lower lash line
p. Mascara lower lashes
q. Mac Lipstick in Snob: Maybelline Color Sensational Porcelains in Porcelain Pink

She didn't say what she did for the face, so I looked up her most recent foundation and this is what I found:

My Foundation Routine + Contour Highlight by XUrbanBellaX http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FJ89B_gqgg
a. Face Primer
b. Foundation
c. Concealer
d. Powder
e. MAC Soft and Gentle: Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in Vegas Strip (highlight)
f. Bronzer hollows of cheeks, temples, sides of nose
g. Maybelline Mocha Velvet Blush, over the bronzer (I skipped this step.)
h. Urban Decay Quickie Blush: NYC Color Wheel in Pink Cheek Glow

My Thought: Be careful applying Smog. It's very pigmented. Overall, this look is really sexy.

I absolutely am in love with this palette! If you see this on sale at Hautelook, you should think about buying it! I don't regret getting it. The shadows are beautiful. There is glitter fall out, I have to admit. But this is something I will use for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!