Monday, March 17, 2014

Benefit World Famous Neutrals Palettes!


I got these for Christmas. I thought the packaging was so cute to begin with. The left palette is the Sexiest Nudes Ever, and she has a magic wand. The middle palette is the Most Glamorous Nudes Ever, and she has a deck of cards, maybe like Tarot cards. The right palette is the Easiest Nudes Ever, and she has a crystal ball. It is all like a gypsy, old fashioned circus, type theme. I know I like the brand Benefit, so I thought I would like these kits. I have seen people use the creaseless cream shadows, so I was curious to try them.


When you lay them on their sides they look like little books!

The Easiest Nudes Ever



Inside is a book of tips and tricks. When you open up the book there is a daytime look on the left and a play time look on the right. In the middle is a mirror. It comes with 2 creaseless cream eye shadows, and 4 powder eye shadows. The top left shadow is Call My Buff. The top right is Thanks A Latte. The bottom left is Pinky Swear. The bottom right is Quick, Look Busy.


These are the creaseless cream shadows. They remind me of the Maybelline Color Tattoos. The left one is R.S.V.P. The right one is No Pressure!

These are the looks that came in this palette. I'm going to list the directions, and write my review.

For the looks I mention in this post, these are the other products I used.

Mascara: Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof (top lashes), Maybelline Lash Discovery Mini-Brush Waterproof (bottom lashes)
Eye Primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
Face Primer: Neutrogena Shine Control Primer, Elf Mineral Face Primer
Setting Spray: Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay Makeup for Normal/Dry Skin in Ivory
Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer in Brightener, Physicians Formula Nude Wear Touch of Glow Concealer
Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent
Highlight: The Balm Cindy-Lou Manizer
Black Liquid Liner: Jordana Incolor Fabuliner Liquid Eye Liner in Black
Brown Eye Liner: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Brown

Daytime Tips
1. Base: Apply R.S.V.P. over eyelid.
2. Contour: Blend Thanks A Latte into crease.
3. Highlight: Sweep Call My Buff across brow bone.
4. Trick: Pat Call My Buff onto the center of eyelid for an eye-opening effect.
My Thoughts: R.S.V.P. isn't very pigmented. Thanks A Latte is a good shadow for in the crease. Call My Buff isn't pigmented at all. It doesn't show up on my eye. The overall effects is it looks like I have brown in my crease and that is all. I don't like this look. This is what I did to make the look better. I put L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Amber Rush on the lid. I put Wet 'n Wild Brûlée under the brows. I put L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in Iced Latte in the inner corner. I put Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 3rd color as a liner for the top and bottom lashes. For cheeks I wore Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed. It's a beautiful pink. I put it on the tops of my cheeks, my temples, forehead, nose, and chin. I am so pale I feel like it helps make my skin look healthier. I put on L'Oreal Colour Riche Lip Liner in All About Pink. I lined and filled in my lips to make my lipstick/lip gloss last long. For lip gloss I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pinkissimo.

Playtime Tips
1. Base: Apply No Pressure! over eyelid.
2. Crease: Blend Quick, Look Busy into outer corner & into crease.
3. Highlight: Sweep Pinky Swear across brow bone and dab on inner corner.
4. Trick: For sultry definition, line upper lash line with Quick, Look Busy.
My Thoughts: I like No Pressure! It is a matte brown cream shadow. Quick, Look Busy is a nice dark matte brown for the crease. Pinky Swear is very pale. I can't see it. I like this look. For blush I wore Wet 'n Wild Pearlescent Pink. It is a peach pink. For lips I wore Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Gloss in Almond Crush. It is a nude pink.

The Most Glamorous Nudes Ever



This comes just like the other palette, but some of the shadows are different. The top left color is Call My Buff. The top right color is Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy. The bottom left color is It's Complicated. The bottom right color is Gilt-y Pleasure.


The left shadow is Birthday Suit. The right shadow is My Two Cents.

Daytime Tips
1. Base: Apply Birthday Suit all over lid.
2. Accent: Pat It's Complicated on center of eyelid.
3. Highlight: Sweep Call My Buff across brow bone and dab on inner corner.
4. Trick: Shortcut…for an instant smoldering look, apply Birthday Suit on eyelid and blend up.
My Thoughts: I can barely see Birthday Suit, but the name implies a nude color so I'm probably not supposed to see it. I care barely see It's Complicated. Call My Buff is a good highlight color. Overall, I don't like this look. It looks like I have no makeup on. I am going to add to it. I'm putting Wet 'n Wild Vanity, 2nd color in my crease and lower lash line. I put Wet 'n Wild Walking on Eggshells, eyelid color on my eyelid. Since the eyes are warm, I'm going to wear pink on the cheeks and lips. For cheeks I wore NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic. On top of that I put Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Blondes. I put that on my cheeks, forehead, nose, and chin to give my face some color. For lips I wore NYX Butter Gloss in Merengue. This gloss smells like cupcakes! I love it! When I added these things to the look it became a really nice day time look.

Playtime Tips
1. Base: Apply My Two Cents all over lid.
2. Contour: Blend Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy into crease.
3. Highlight: Sweep Gilt-y Pleasure across brow bone and dab on inner corner.
4. Trick: To make lashes look fuller, smudge Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy into upper lash line.
My Thoughts: I like My Two Cents. It looks like the color of a penny. Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy is a nice, pigmented shadow. Gilt-y Pleasure isn't very pigmented, but that's ok since we're putting it on the brow bone. It's a gold. I like this look. It is mainly brown on the eye. I'm going to wear pink for blush and lips. I wore NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic. On top of that I put Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Blondes. I wore Rimmel's Airy Fairy Lipstick and Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Head Turner. This lip gloss smells like sweet mint.

The Sexiest Nudes Ever



The top left color is Milk It! The top right color is Raincheck? The bottom left color is Pause for Applause. The bottom right color is Blingo!


The left color is Bikini-tini. The right color is Holy Smokes!

Daytime Tips
1. Base: Apply Bikini-tini over eyelid.
2. Contour: Blend Raincheck? into crease.
3. Highlight: Sweep Pause for Applause across brow bone and dab on inner corner.
4. Trick: Starting at inner corner, line bottom lashes with bikini-tini to add youthful allure.
My Thoughts: Bikini-tini is so light I can hardly see it. Raincheck? is a nice eggplant color. Pause for Applause is a very light pink. I can barely see it. The only shadow that you can see is Raincheck? I don't really like this look. Because the eggplant color is on the cool side of the color family I chose to wear a peach blush. I wore Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Brunettes. I put that on my cheeks, temples, forehead, nose, and chin. For lips I wore Kardashian Beauty Lip Plumping Summer Gloss in Revved Up Rose Gold. It is a "my lips but better" lip gloss.

Playtime Tips
1. Base: Apply Holy Smokes! over eyelid.
2. Accent: Pat Blingo! on center of eyelid and on inner corner.
3. Highlight: Sweep Milk It! across brow bone.
4. Trick: Blend Blingo! over Holy Smokes! for a metallic, smoky effect.
My Thoughts: I like this look. All the shadows are pigmented. It is a gray/silver/white eye look. Since the eyes are cool I'm going to wear warm colors on the cheeks and lips.  I wore Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Brunettes. I put that on my cheeks, temples, forehead, nose, and chin. For lips I wore Revlon Lipstick in Peach.

Overall Review: It seems like there were some shadows that I liked, but some weren't good in my opinion. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have bought these palettes. I was a sucker for the cute packaging. Hopefully, I will still find use for the shadows that were good. You can get these shadows separately. The cream shadows I thought were a lot like the Maybelline Color Tattoos, but the Maybelline Color Tattoos are a lot better, cheaper, and you can find them in almost any drugstore.

I found other looks using these palettes on Youtube. These are the ones I liked.

1. Review/Tutorial Benefit Most Glamorous Nudes Ever! by Allison Willburn MUA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YQhxPXxmQo
a. Birthday Suit, eyelid
b. It's Complicated, inner part of lid
c. Call My Buff, tear duct
d. Gilt-y Pleasure, eyelid
e. Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy, she uses a card, see video 9:44, side of eye up to brow at an angle, then sweep into crease
f. Call My Buff, brow bone
g. Gilt-y Pleasure, crease
h. Black Liquid Liner, upper lash line
i. Mascara
My Thoughts: It is a daytime, wearable, natural look. I wore pink for the blush and lips. On the cheeks I wore NYX Cream Blush in Boho Chic and Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Blondes. For the lips I wore Rimmel Airy Fairy Lipstick and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pinkissimo.

2. Create a Glamorous Nude Eye with Benefit by sephora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj32zVZO37o
This is using Benefit World Famous Neutrals Glamorous Nudes Ever Palette.
a. My Two Cents, eyelid
b. Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy, crease, lower lash line
c. Gilt-y Pleasure, eyelid
d. Mascara
My Thoughts: I wouldn't say this is a glamorous look. It is more like a daytime, wearable, natural look in my opinion. I wore pink for the blush and lips. First I applied Elf HD Cream Blush in Superstar, and then I applied Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Blondes. For the lips I wore Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon and Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Pinkissimo. I think pinks look good with warm eyes. Be careful with the Elf HD Blush! A little goes a long way!

3. Benefit World Famous Neutrals: Sexiest Nudes Ever Tutorial by daintyblush06 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOkqIn49xnE
a. Bikini-tini, eyelid
b. Milk It, brow bone, eyelid
c. Pause for Applause, crease
d. Rain Check, crease, outer v
e. Black Liquid Liner, top lash line
f. Rain Check, outer half of lower lash line
g. Blend it out
h. Brows
i. Mascara
j. Benefit Hervana Blush: Rimmel Match Blush Medium 003
k. EOS Lip Balm
l. Revlon Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake
My Thoughts: This is a cute, springtime look.

4. Benefit's Sexy Smoky Eye Makeup Tutorial by sephora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU57gMJA9ok
a. Holy Smokes, eyelid, lower lash line
b. Rain Check, crease
c. Blingo! inner corner of eye
d. Milk It! brow bone
e. Mascara
My Thoughts: This reminds me of the Sexy Smoky Eye in the look book. It is a cool toned, neutral look. I'm wearing peach on the cheeks and lips. For blush I wore NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal, and on top of that Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush in Brunettes. On the lips I wore Revlon Lipstick in Peach, and on top of that NYC Liquid Lip Shine in Brighton Beach Peach.

5. Benefit World Famous Neutrals Palette Tutorial by Shirley Chinley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt8fEQJL7HY
This look is using the Most Glamorous Nudes Ever palette.
a. Base Cream
b. Foundation
c. Lip Balm
d. Birthday Suit, eyelid
e. It's Complicated, eyelid
f. Kiss Me, I'm Tipsy, crease
g. Gilty Pleasure, outer v
h. Call My Buff, brow bone, tear duct
i. light pink eye liner, lower lash line: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Inked in Pink
j. Brown Eye Liner, top lash line
k. Mascara
l. Brows
m. MAC Blush in Dainty: Covergirl Rose Silk
n. MAC Blush in Poised: Rimmel Mauve Cool
o. Shu Uemera Celebrity Beige Rouge Unlimited Lipstick: Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti
My Thoughts: This would be a pretty spring or summer look. The eyes are natural, the cheeks are flushed, and the lips are coral.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!