Friday, March 28, 2014
Divergent: I saw this movie two times this month! That is how much I loved it. I read the first two books, and am reading the third book now. I love this story! It takes place in the future, and there are 5 factions people are placed in. Abnegation: the people value selflessness, they take care of the poor, and they rule the city. Erudite: the people value intelligence, they do all the research. Candor: the people value honesty, they are in charge of the judicial system. Dauntless: the people value bravery, they protect the city. Amity: they value peace. They farm the land, and are kind. The main character is born into Abnegation, but she has always felt out of place. When she reaches a certain age she must take a test that will tell her which faction she belongs in based on her personality, and she must choose which one she will be. She could choose from any. But her test results go wrong. She fits into 3 factions! She doesn't know which one to choose! And she is supposed to tell no one because it is very dangerous her test results. It is a very exciting story! There is also a love story, which I love of course. I think the actor that plays Four is very cute, and just like how I read in the book. I hope more movies will come out based on the books!
Lindsay: Is a documentary series about Lindsay Lohan. She has just been to rehab, and she is trying to get her life back to order. She was a great actress, and she wants to continue to be a successful actress, but also live a healthy lifestyle. I find this so fascinating! It is on Sunday on OWN. It is also on Demand, so you can watch it whenever you like.
Favorite TV Show
The Real Housewives of New York Season 7: I know I probably should hide in the closet that I watch these kinds of shows. They are my dirty little pleasures. I think these are like real life soap operas. Women are fascinating to watch. These are wealthy women living in New York City, and you see their lives and how they relate to each other. Sometimes they get along, sometimes they fight. I was a psychology major in college, so I find people fascinating. I don't necessarily like the women on the show, but it is very interesting to me.
Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge: This is a Christian book about a women's heart. This is what the back of the book says, "Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, to be the beauty of the story. Those desires are far more than child's play. They are the secret to the feminine heart." I feel that not every women might be described in this book, but it resonated with me. Sometimes books for women are like self help books or how to be a better woman. This book isn't like that. It doesn't make you feel bad about yourself. It shows you how wonderful you are as a woman. There is also a male version of the book written by John Eldredge and it is very good too. It's called "Wild At Heart." It will give you insight into the man's heart.
1. Aquaphor Healing Ointment Advanced Therapy: I heard this mentioned in a favorites video on Youtube. The girl used this to treat her chapped lips. This works wonderfully! I really recommend it. I put it on whenever my lips feel chapped. It works better than a regular chapstick.
2. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Rose Petal (left): This is a coral, matte, cream blush. I used this under my powder blush to make it last longer. It is really beautiful.
3. NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Boho Chic (right): This is a light pink, matte, cream blush. I used this under a pink blush to make it last longer. It is very natural looking on the skin.
4. Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush for Brunettes (left): I wore this over NYX Rose Petal. It has fine shimmer to it. My mom got one of these blushes and she didn't like the shimmer. I barely even noticed it was there. This is supposed to be for Brunettes, but there were none for redheads. I think anyone could wear this blush. It is a peachy coral color. Good for the Spring.
5. Physicians Formula Powder Palette Multi-Colored Custom Blush for Blondes (right): I wore this over NYX Boho Chic. It is a beautiful, light pink color. It is more cool toned, so it looks nice with warm eyeshadows on the eyes. I wore the Brunette one when I had cool tones on the eyes. These are really cute blushes.
6. Milani Powder Blush in Coral Cove: I think this might be limited edition. I think this is a beautiful color for the spring/summer. It is a vibrant, matte coral shade. It is very pigmented. I also love the flower mold. If you can't find this in the store you can get it off the Milani website.
8. Milani Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in Coral Crush: My Fred Meyer's has a whole new display of Milani products! They had these new lip glosses. I had heard about this color. It reminds me of the coral blush I just mentioned. Again, I think these are good colors for the spring/summer. It smells like vanilla.
9. Jordana 12 HR Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Continuous Almond: I found this at Walgreens. This is a dupe for MAC's Painterly Paint Pot, but it is much cheaper. It looks strange on my hand, but it is my skin color and creates a blank canvas for eyeshadow. My had was red from all the swatches and me washing my hand. This helps eyeshadow last longer, and the eyeshadows are more pigmented. I still use a primer underneath it.
10. Milani Shadow Eyez 12 HR Wear Eyeshadow in Sand Dunes: This is a really pretty color. I think I am ready for it to be summer and time for the beach! I'm thinking about the sand.
11. Milani Runway Eyes Baked Eye Shadow in Beach Sand: Again another sand color! It is the right swatch. It matches Sand Dunes well, and I put it on the top. It is a shimmery sand color.
12. Elf Angled Blush Brush: This is an excellent brush for applying blush! It is not too big. I love it. It's soft and good quality yet inexpensive.
1. Demi Lovato: Let It Go
2. Jonny Diaz: More Beautiful You
3. Neil Diamond: Cracklin' Rosie
4. Grease: You're the One That I Want
5. Don Mclean: American Pie
6. Toby Mac: You Speak Life
7. Pharrell Williams: I'm Happy
8. The Mamas & The Papas: California Dreaming
9. John Legend: All of Me
10. Jason Gray: More Like Falling In Love
11. Mercy Me: Bring the Rain
12. Passenger: Let Her Go
13. Puccini: O Mio Babbino Caro from Gianni Schicchi
14. Puccini: Chi il bel sogno di Doretta from La Rodine
15. Katy Perry: Dark Horse
I hope you liked my March Favorites! What were your favorites this month?