Friday, March 7, 2014

March Empties

These are some of the products I've used up. Since I used it all up, I can make a good review of it and tell you what I would repurchase and recommend, and which I didn't care that much for. I hope this is helpful!


1. Atelier Cologne Vanille Insensee: It smells ok. I wouldn't buy it. It has notes of Lime, Cedrat, Coriander, Jasmine, Vetiver, Oak Moss, Vanilla, Oak Wood, and Amber. Sephora says it is "magical, evocative, and electric." I don't think it smells like that. It's just not my kind of perfume I guess.


2. Benefit The Porefessional: I got a little sample of this in my Benefit Advent Calendar. I've used this before, and this is my number one face primer out of all the ones I've used. It is expensive though, and I already have face primers I still can use, so I'm not going to repurchase this. Maybe on a special day to treat myself I would buy this. I definitely recommend it! It minimizes the pores, and makes your foundation last a long time.


3. Olay Moisturizing Body Wash in Silk Whimsy: This smells like roses. I love this body wash, but i think it was limited edition. I have other body washes I can use, so I'm not going to repurchase this. If it was available I would buy this again. I'm not sure why it was limited edition.



4. Lush's Magic Wand Bubble Bar: It broke off the stick when I was using it! It made a little bit of bubbles, but I think getting a bottle of bubble solution would be better for making bubbles then getting this. This was limited edition for Christmas, and it was fun while it lasted. It was very cute. This would be fun for a child. I think getting Mr. Bubbles from the kid's section would be a better way to save money, and get the same result. My grandma always used dish soap to make a bubble bath for me. For Mother's Day Lush is bringing out flowers on a stick, with the same bubble idea. I wouldn't get this again. I think it's a waste of money.


5. Urban Decay All Nighter Spray: I got a little bottle of this. I love this stuff! I've used it before, and it works so well. It sets your makeup to last all day. I spray it on my face before foundation, and I spray it on my stippling brush. Then I dot my face with foundation, and use the brush to blend it in. It gives a beautiful finish. I'm sorry I'm out of it, but I have the Urban Decay De-Slick Setting Spray. I think this will work well too. (This was before I ran out of it.)


6. Elf Makeup Remover Pen: It was good while it lasted, but it didn't last very long. Once the tip was used, it stopped cleaning up. I put this in my makeup bag, and fixed my eye makeup during breaks at work if my eyes were looking bad. It only lasted a few times. I wouldn't repurchase this. It is better to use eye makeup remover and a q-tip.


7. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent: There is still some powder in the pan, but it isn't coming onto the brush. This is my favorite powder from the drugstore. I repurchased this. My all time favorite powder is Bare Mineral's Mineral Veil.


8. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Light: Just like the Rimmel powder there is still powder on the pan, but it is not coming onto the brush. I don't think I got as much product as compared to the Rimmel powder. I think they both did a good job as a powder. I'm not going to repurchase this.


9. Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara: I love the Benefit mascaras. I got this in my Benefit Advent Calendar. It was just a sample size. I won't repurchase this. I'm going to get a drugstore one next. Even though I love the Benefit mascaras, they are too expensive. I only use a mascara for three months because I heard they go bad after three months. I do recommend the Benefit mascaras, if you want to spend the money.


10. Elf Makeup Mist & Spray: I like this. When my skin is too powdery, I spray this all over my face to make it look more natural. If I want to wet my eye shadow, I use this. It has aloe, green tea, cucumber, and vitamins A, C & E, so it is good for the skin. It is only $3. I repurchased this. I would rather get this than the Urban Decay setting sprays.


11. Urban Decay De-Slick Oil-Control Makeup Setting Spray: I don't know if this controls my oil very well. I still need to powder my skin several times in the day. I can't tell the difference between this, and the Urban Decay All Nighter Spray or the Elf Makeup Mist & Spray. I won't repurchase this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love to get comments!